What is the difference between being saved and being born again?

Nicodemus was a man of the word and a teacher of the word yet he choose to ask questions of Jesus that He already had access to the answers this led to Jesus telling him He must be born again.  Jesus came into this world to save people like Nicodemus so surely when He told Nicodemus he must be born again  this meant something quite different from being save because Nicodemus was incapable as we all are of saving himself. Today many people say to be save and to be born again are the same thing but would this not be contary to what Jesus actually said to Nicodemus.  So What is the difference between being Save and been Born again or do you not believe their is a difference?  So my fellow saints let us have a discussion and share opinions on what we believe to be save or to be Born is.

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What you are asking is a very solid question and need to be addressed simply because people today take it for granted that all you have to do is "BELIEVE" on the Lord Jesus Christ; confess with your mouth then you are "SAVED!" I think that the two phrases has been taken to mean the same thing in most cases. St. Luke 24:45 states that Jesus opened their understanding that they may understand the Scripture. Then Jesus stated that Repentance and Remission of sins should be preached in His name. To be saved and born again is the same. Being Religious like Nocodemus is where people stop at. Being religious is only an act of worship, bur being saved according to the scripture is is more than a religious experience. It is being relieved of your sin (through Repentance) and the removal of that old sin nature (through Baptism), and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.

So to me whether you are "SAVED" or "BORN AGAIN" one has to "REPENT" be "BAPTIZED" and "RECEIVE" the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Like the actual birth of a baby. It has to go through all ofthe stages of the "NEW BIRTH" process in order to experience the "NEW LIFE!" 

Be Blessed!

It seems clear to me that the Lord Jesus Christ did not set out to make any distinction between being born again and being saved to Nicodemus. In John 3 where the discussion is recorded, after informing Nicodemus of the need for the new birth in order to enter into the Kingdom Jesus went on to mention the purpose of His coming to earth to save man from perishing and giving him eternal life.

The truth is when one is born again of the Spirit one is born into a new life, eternal life, and is therefore saved or rescued from a former existence in sin and death. This same salvation is further described by Jesus to Nicodemus in terms of when one receives Christ or believes on Christ and is rescued from perishing in sin and death and given a new life, eternal life. So being born again or being saved by grace from death into life is one and the same experience - one is brought from spiritual death into spiritual life or eternal life. And both were included in Jesus' discussion with Nicodemus in John 3.

Paul combines both being saved and regeneration or new birth together in this Scripture passage in Titus 3:3-7 NKJV For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. (4) But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, (5) not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, (6) whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, (7) that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.  

Thus one cannot be genuinely saved in the Scriptural sense without being born again or regenerated into a new life and if one is genuinely born again then one is saved from sin and death.

Thanks Bishop,

Pretty much clarity on the statement to me, and it's seasoned. We as people of God can make things so complicated.Thanks for keeping it in simplicity. .

So to me whether you are "SAVED" or "BORN AGAIN" one has to "REPENT" be "BAPTIZED" and "RECEIVE" the gift of the Holy Ghost. (the bottom line).

Hello This is great am also here for you all, I think more for Nicodemus was Regeneration as far as the context is concerned,there words like sanctification,that is a progressive holiness  likened to a daily walk with Christ and thats the work of the holy-spirit,There is a sister to it called Justification. Christ justifying work on the Cross this is once and for all, salvation is Just by Christ alone.

You may not be alone disturbeb by this,we cannot contribute anything to be saved ,but we ust continue in holiness to make our salvation sure and coplete.

Are you any better?

Rev Tom Ochuka

My beloved sister Angela Loundes,

We are saved by grace THROUGH FAITH.

«  For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast(Ephesians 2 : 8-9) » .

Notice that FAITH through which we are saved comes from the WORD OF GOD.

« Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ (Romans 10:17) ».

So we realize that we are saved by the WORD OF GOD.

Jesus Christ teaches that we must be born of WATER and the SPIRIT before entering the kingdom of God.

«  Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit »( John 3:5).

The WATER Jesus was talking about to Nicodemus was the WORD of God.  THE WORD OF GOD IS FULL OF THE SPIRIT AND LIFE.

“The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you-they are full of the Spirit and life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him”( John 6:63-64).

“The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us”( 1 John 3:24).

“ Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them. By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified”( John 7:38-39).

“ he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit”(Titus 3:5).

Dear sister, TRUE CHRISTIANS have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring WORD OF GOD WICH SAVED THEM.

“For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God”( 1 Peter 1:23).

The NEW BIRTH AND SALVATION ARE THE TWO FACES OF THE SAME MEDAL.

IF ONE IS REALLY SAVED BY FAITH THROUGH THE WORD OF GOD, THIS ONE IS ALSO BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING WORD OF GOD.

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”(2 Corinthians 5:17).

“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do”( Ephesians 2:10).

AMEN!

So, what did the message of Jesus to Nicodemus mean? Jesus wanted to say to Nicodemus that he was certainly a doctor of the law, but he needed to have the true revelation of the WORD OF GOD in order to understand the things God which lead to the new birth.

Because the Church of Jesus-Christ is built on REVELATION!!!!!!!!

“ Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it”(Matthew 16:17-18).

“At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children”(Matthew 11:25)..

In conclusion, both salvation and new birth are possible only by the washing with WATER through the WORD OF JESUS-CHRIST.

“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless”(Ephesians 5:25-27).

I Hope this can help!

May God bless you!

Your brother Germain

Slave of Jesus Christ

wonderfully explained

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service