2 Peter 3:15-16 (King James Version)

15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

peter who was there with yahshua bafore and after the resurrection ,when he show from moses and the prophets all things concerning him self

why did he warn ???
what was the warning pretaining to???
the reference ,to being unlearned is reference to being unlearned in what???
how do we apply this warnig to our teaching & learning???

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My friend, your question has no answer. It is based on several false premises

A day starts at sunrise and ends at sunset.

The week was a seven solar-day week.

That there was only one Sabbath day that week

That there was only one 'first day' that week.

That a week consisted of a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and that Sunday was the first day of the week.

That Christ died on a Friday.

That Christ arose before sunrise on Sunday.

All of these assumptions are in error according to the Hebraic method of time keeping and the calendar in use at the time.

So the answer to the question, "Can you get 3 days and 3 nights from Good Friday Evening to Easter Sunday Morning?", is an absolute no. Why? Because none of the required elements needed to make the question legitimate existed at the time in question.

It is like asking how long did it take a bus to travel from New York to Los Angles in the 1500's, when neither New York, Los Angles, buses or the roads required to accommodate bus travel existed during the 1500's.
AT least the Brother told me that you cannot get 3 days and 3 nights from Good Friday evening to Easter Sunday morning. What is your excuse Brother Watson? Why do you keep Easter if it is a lie?
So, with that said. Why is it taught in Sunday Church that Jesus died Good Friday evening and rose Easter Sunday Morning?
Would it be safe to say that people who pass this off as Christian doctrine are the people Peter talked about.
2 Peter 3:15-16
The answer is a qualified yes, initially. But now it seems to be more like those referred to in 1 Timothy 1:7.

The dates and times that are most accepted today were the result of Emperor Constantine and his crew who changed the Sabbath from the seventh day to the first day, changed the dates of Passover and the religious calendars from Hebrew to Roman, and continued to make it the 'law' of the church to disassociate themselves from all Hebrew roots and influences (circa 320-375 CE), which continues even unto today.

As to the four questions originally asked - I'll have to get back to mey later tonight.
Thank you.
Hezekiah,

With all that has been said thus far concerning Easter, which seems to please you for the moment, will any of this information save an individual?

Are you standing by your belief that salvation comes upon your physical death? I seem to recall this being your statement of belief a little while back.

Peace in Jesus
Yes it will save an individual because it will stop \them from following a lie, and it does not please me that my people can not count to 3 because they are so steeped in tradition. It hurts my heart to see those scriptures fulfilled in my eyes.
This is for Chaplain Pat Harris, Anthony R. Watson and A. W. Bowman;

How many hours did Jesus says was in a day?

How many days did Jesus say he would be in the grave?

Is it possible to get (3) twelve hour periods within the time frame of Fri. evening to before DARK on the first day of the week?

We do not have to bring in what the Jews of the day practiced because Jesus Himself already gave us the figures to work with.

Now this is pretty simple it is either yes we can, or, no we cannot!

Mind you, I didn’t even include the other (3) twelve hour periods of night Jesus said He would be in the ground.
My friend, I explicitly answered that question in my posts, above.

If anyone sets aside what the Jews believed and practiced in order to understand (divide) the word of truth, then the words of Christ have no meaning. For He lived and died as a Jew under the law, in the culture, religion and language of His day.To divorce Him from that environment is to separate Jesus from His teaching and His ministry.

If anyone has a different understanding - please post it.
The questions I asked was NOT covered in ANY of your posts.

Again, this is a simple set of questions, here they are;

How many hours did Jesus says was in a day?

How many days did Jesus say he would be in the grave?

Is it possible to get (3) twelve hour periods within the time frame of Fri. evening to before DARK on the first day of the week?

Either it is possible or it is not! Pretty simple! Yes or No!

It would seem you have some insight that you are attempting to direct our attention toward. Therefore, please share your understanding and conclusions concerning this issue. Rather than do a gaming approach - please provide instruction.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service