Can someone please show me in the Bible where this is permitted and explain the text?
Truly, I have been inspired by all of the comments and insight that have come from many of you!! I wanted to open a discussion that would stir the hearts and minds of many and I did. I can see that it is man vs woman and should not be. My question still remains,,,about Women Bishops!!!! The Bible does not co-sign this. I really believe we all are hung on titles. Whatever you do,,,do it all in the name of Jesus. I wanted to make some points and say some things, so that it would stir your knowledge up and cause you to proclaim what you believe. I can say,,,I have walked into many churches,,,and without sayiing a word or opening my mouth,,,,how can these men detect, discern, or sense that God has a call on my life. AND,,,WHAT, call is that? Glory be to God,,,you see many of us should make sure that our scripture references that we are using to back up your point,,,is not contextual customed to fit in your box of beliefs. My statement to this was about,,,women Bishops,,,and I for one don't agree with the TITLE,,,but I believe that a woman can teach the Gospel,,,and if the HOOP is naturally in her when she delievers,,,then hoop. Whether you want to call it style,,,whatever,,,,we all have our style. So,,if I come to some of your churches,,,I can get turned off by even the way some you hoop or TEACH. Everyone is voicing their beliefs. This is a very sensitive topic,,,and women we must make sure we are wise virtuous women,,,one thing is for sure,,,we are MASTERs at multitasking. If God,,,called you to Sunday School, Evangelist,Prophet, then you must remain a help at home. Men,,,i believe if your wife works, has to take care of kids,,,and does servant service to her local Ministry,,,it just WONT kill you to assist her at home. This is one statement that needs constant understanding and research. Our prayer should be that the LORD will enlighten and reveal to us his truth,,,NOT YOUR OPINION or CONVINCING. You see,,he that wins a soul is wise. We must make sure we ALL speak wisely. God Bless You All And thanks for the replies and the most of all THE WORD!!

Views: 821

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen,,

MALE, PREACHERS, STOP the prejudices, anti female, stubborn, contradistinctive perceptions that you have about women preachers from your heart and mind and just do what you are suppose to do. Lead your house. Yes, you are the head,,,,who are most of you trying to convince. I always say,,,yeah, the higher you are the more humble you ought to be. NO WOMAN,,,,wants a man that has no clue of where he is going. If you the head to my house,,,then your head need to stay bowed down in prayer,,,so that you dont lead us astray,,,because of your arrogance, ego, cynical, finite mind. God,,,does not hear your prayes,,,when you do not treat your wife as according to how God loved the church, So,,,if you get in trouble with God because of your ways of selfish righteousness and not treating your wife right,,,and walking around with your head in the air and chest out,,,and he is not hearing your prayers,,,,THEN YOU CANT BE LEADING YOUR HOUSE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION,,,,,YOU AND YOUR DEVIL IS LIAR,,,MR HEAD OF THE HOUSE!!
May God enlighten you on that issue!

Blessings,

Bro. Germain
Brother Germain,

There are beaucoup broken hearts on this forum.
It may be from bad boyfriends, bad marriages, no marriages, no fathers, bad fathers...
But for some reason there is a lot of I AM WOMAN, AINT NO MAN MY HEAD, THUS SAYETH THE LORD going around - when its quite the opposite...at least if you go by the bible.
But I have not walked in their shoes and have not experienced such oppression by men. I had wonderful parents and all brothers and I being the youngest. So I guess I have been protected by men all of my life and loved being protected and submissive.
And then there is my husband that is the icing on the cake. How he treats me makes the scriptures come alive and comfort me in knowing that a man is the head. There is no reason for me to twist or go outside of the scriptures to get that golden meaing of what they really say even though there is beauty in the simplicity of God's Word.

But that is my life. And there are women that have had to 'man up' so to speak and be the 'man' in their own lives for themselves or for their children because there were not many men in their lives that they could love being submissive to.

Thus I can not judge, except - go by what is written and love 'em.
Bto Germain,

thanks for your long paragraphed, scriptured information. I believe that a woman can teach and preach. According to your scriptured text, Prophesy means to foretell or forthtell, is not the word of God all of that. I disagree with your statement women have no place in the pulpit to teach or preach. Preaching my brother is an emotion added to a message. Whether you teach it or preach is ALL boils down to "WHAT" is being told and that is the Word. God,,does not need to open my eyes, he already has. Deborah, the Prophetess was a leader and obtained God;s spirit to lead, Acquilla and Priscilla was a husband and wife in leadership of the church. If a woman is not to teach, then why is she the teacher of 95% sunday school classes. I pray that your eyes are open. Paul, yes was an inspired writer of the Holy Scriptures, but Jesus has the last say so. We want to make sure we read the word in the right context and that we are not debating or arguing information based on our perception or insecurities. Women, have a lot to do with the word other than teach the Young, be keepers at home, and nourish babies. We are born carriers, and therefore we can carry and deliver the word just like you can. The first person at the tomb was a woman, the first to carry the word in flesh was a WOMAN.

Be Blessed
You tell me, did not I ask the question??? You dont do questions with questions
Well,

now I have to disagree with your statement. The eroneous reply that you made above, first and foremost, I have breathing problems and when it comes to getting excited, adrenaline rushing and the like, I dont care if I sound like a man or not. Most preachers that do that,,,can't help it,. I know at times when I pray,,,,the Holyghost takes over and it comes out throught a raspy voice due to breathing issues. I am sorry gonna have to say,,,DONT AGREE !
Personally starting to re-think this woman being a bishop or pastor in the church or not. A female pastor and bishop can't do any worse. Some of these females are more learned and more anointed with much power than some of these slick and non effective men we are experiencing in our churches today. Maybe God is doing a NEW thing since many men of the cloth have lost their first love....
Brothers and sisters,

Is the Bible your absolute?

If yes,then, please, follow this and let down your own opinion.

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent".

Indeed, Bro. Paul said:

"If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord's command. If he ignores this, he himself will be ignored".

1 Corinthians 14:37-38

Are you a scholar?,

Are you powerful females who are more learned and more anointed ?

So, do you intend to argue with the Lord's Command?

You will be wise to obey the Lord's command.

Blessings,

Bro. Germain

1 Timothy 2: 12

I DO NOT PERMIT A WOMAN TO TEACH...
Bro,

are you married? Well,,Paul was talking to a specific body, for specific reason and you should exam the time. We learned this information in school. WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, and WHY? Paul, was talking,,, but what and why, who, and where was he saying it.
Sister Yolanda,

I'm not referring to the teachings that you've received in your school, your seminary, your biblical institutes, but I'm stuck on the old school teaching of the Apostles and the Prophets of Jesus Christ(Ephesians 2:20), the Word which is received by revelation(Matthews 11:25).

So, let’s see again what Paul truly said:

“For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached? If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord's command.”

1 Corinthians 14:33-37

Was Paul referring to “the Corinthian culture and its laws”?

Let us see:

1- “As in ALL the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches”

What Paul said was concerning not only the Church of Corinth but also all churches of the saints in the whole world.

2- “They must be in submission as the Law says.”

The law here is the Law of God. This Law can be found in Genesis 3:16, Ephesians 5:22-24, 1 Peter 3: 1.

This is the reason why the same Paul, speaking about the attitude of the women in the church (1 Timothy 2:11-14) referred to Genesis 3:16.

Paul was not referring to the particular Law of Corinthians. No!

The teachings of Paul can never be based on the rules taught by men. Never! I say never!
“They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.”(Mark 7:7)

3- Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?”

Indeed, The Word of God didn’t originate with Corinthians. Moreover, they are not the only people it has reached. The Word of God is universal and identical for all the congregations of the Saints. Consequently, Paul did not speak about the particular culture of the Corinthians, insofar as there is only one faith (Ephesians 4: 5)

4- “The Lord's command”

What Paul did say was not his own opinion; it was the Lord’s command. Amen!

Women of God, Do you really Love the Lord? If you truly love Him, then you should obey His command, for the Lord Jesus said:

"If you love me, you will obey what I command.”

John 14:15

Do not harden your heart anymore but leave the pulpit to men of God. Recognize your place! Please recognize that your place is behind! Amen!

The scripture which clearly prohibited the Corinthians and Ephesians women from teaching is the Lord’s command. That is valid for the women of all the congregations of the saints (of any time).

That scripture was valid for Deborah, Anna, Priscilla, Phoebe, Mary, Tryphena, Tryphisa, Euodia, Syntyche and son on.

And it’s valid for the women of today.

May God open your eyes!

Bro. Germain
Read the context of the scriptures,,,,,in other words, if the woman has something to say during the Worship Service,,,SHUT YO MOUTH AND WAIT TIL YOU GET HOME,,,,not totally woman be silent in church. Come on people,,,,think logically here.
Understand your furstrations brother Newman, but just know that there are Men of God standing on his Word and being "effective". And no matter how you look at it women not walking in there roles and trying to walk in a the man's throws aff the original order God has established and therefore throws off the family. Because anytime you see people boasting in "women who are doctors and single mothers" then you see that the focus of God's people has been throwing off mightly. Remeber Paul said "What things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ!"

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service