Can someone please show me in the Bible where this is permitted and explain the text?
Truly, I have been inspired by all of the comments and insight that have come from many of you!! I wanted to open a discussion that would stir the hearts and minds of many and I did. I can see that it is man vs woman and should not be. My question still remains,,,about Women Bishops!!!! The Bible does not co-sign this. I really believe we all are hung on titles. Whatever you do,,,do it all in the name of Jesus. I wanted to make some points and say some things, so that it would stir your knowledge up and cause you to proclaim what you believe. I can say,,,I have walked into many churches,,,and without sayiing a word or opening my mouth,,,,how can these men detect, discern, or sense that God has a call on my life. AND,,,WHAT, call is that? Glory be to God,,,you see many of us should make sure that our scripture references that we are using to back up your point,,,is not contextual customed to fit in your box of beliefs. My statement to this was about,,,women Bishops,,,and I for one don't agree with the TITLE,,,but I believe that a woman can teach the Gospel,,,and if the HOOP is naturally in her when she delievers,,,then hoop. Whether you want to call it style,,,whatever,,,,we all have our style. So,,if I come to some of your churches,,,I can get turned off by even the way some you hoop or TEACH. Everyone is voicing their beliefs. This is a very sensitive topic,,,and women we must make sure we are wise virtuous women,,,one thing is for sure,,,we are MASTERs at multitasking. If God,,,called you to Sunday School, Evangelist,Prophet, then you must remain a help at home. Men,,,i believe if your wife works, has to take care of kids,,,and does servant service to her local Ministry,,,it just WONT kill you to assist her at home. This is one statement that needs constant understanding and research. Our prayer should be that the LORD will enlighten and reveal to us his truth,,,NOT YOUR OPINION or CONVINCING. You see,,he that wins a soul is wise. We must make sure we ALL speak wisely. God Bless You All And thanks for the replies and the most of all THE WORD!!

Views: 821

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well i'll address this and another statement you made all in one first off to define a bishop and to define a pastor you will see that the term is interchangeable. Overseer or Sheppard they are both the same role, so you saying its ok for a women to pastor but you question her being a bishop in all actuality makes no sense in itself.

Now on to the people boasting statement I did not make it, it was made by someone else in this fourm who said that matter of fact the exact words were "after jesus rose form the dead was mary magdelene and she was a women see when paul was he was doing this cause the women then did not know what the men knew now their are women who are doctors single mothers and other great women..." That statement was made like it should be a badge of honor for woman to be a single mother!

We have some lazy, ungodly, lustful, whorish men out there who are not responsible and don't listen to nobody.,

First off this male bashing is really getting old. Second this man that you describe is not apart of the body of Christ so what is the point of mentioning him in a forum about can women be Bishops, and Lastly for every man that you described there is a lustful, whorish, lazy, ungodly, women who was just as irresponsible and didnt want to listen her either. Remember the sword cuts both ways.

I applaud every woman doctor, gynocologist, surgeon, x-ray tech, RN, LPN, and the like.

I give those women props also what is your point. Where did you see me down talk any woman who is out there getting it like that?

since you men have such degrading, indignant outlooks toward women.

Because a man has an opinion on YOUR blog of women Bishops that goes against your original thought process all of a sudden my outlook on women is that of degrading and indignant? You dont even know me nor have you ask one question about me. How easy it is for you to begin to get defensive and spew insults out because I have an opinion. WOW!

Where is your savings account stash, that when you marry your wife, ,,,,you and her are set without having to work for an entire year. Can somebody help me with that,,,and I know it's in the bible.

What the heck are you talking about?

God is using women as Pastors, Teachers, Evangelists, and Prophets

If God is doing this...

.,,,keepers at home, have children, wash your clothes, iron your shirts, do laundry, clean up, help with homework, attend Parent teacher meetings

He aint leaving much time for this being a keeper of the home which is in an of itself a job to be given full attention to that the women that calls herself watching over a congregation shepparding a flock of God's sheep is not given her all to both! It just is what it is.

These blogs are really starting to get rather repetitive some sister asks "why are some men against women preachers" men begin to answer, insults begin to be thrown. Women begin to pound there chest about the single women keeping families afloat, forgetting that in the sex act it takes two, so just like some men need to be held accountable for there actions, so do the women also. It's really sad that the family struture in this country has broken down, and yes I would be the first to say its because of SOME spineless men that abanded there roles as leaders but also no one speaks out about the women who look at men as nothing but sperm donors. Yes there are women out here that wants nothing more to do with a man after he gets her pregnant they also want the kids but with out the commitment this is the time we live in. And it all points back to one thing and absent spiritual presense no more teaching about the Word of God in the home just tell em they can be what ever they put they mind to. Gangsta rapper, R and B singer, Video vixen, reality star, how bout telling them to seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness!
Rev Eric Culberson,

What in the world are you talking about? First and foremost if you dont like the male bashing as you put it, maybe you should stop replying to my discussions. Just as your information is unclear, apparenlty to you mine are unclear as well. Did not I mention in my discussion, is that most of us are getting confused with the titles. Second of all according to the Bible, Bishop and Pastor are listed differently,,,,And he gave some Apostles, Pastors, Teachers,,,then,If a man desires the office of a Bishop, HE,,,,desires. Ok I rest my case on your immature insults. Second Reply,,, also, this is MY discussion BLOG on MY PAGE,,,if you dont like what I say or why I would even mention something that my seem irrelevant to you,,,then God Bless you, interact to another forum. You dont choose to me what I wish to mention on my forum. Regarding your response to "Mail Bashing" ,, you dont know what you are talking about and you are missing the point. These individuals are suppose to be men of faith,,,but they have alterior motives. Bottom line,,,there are women preachers, teachers, and Evangelists. If the woman is a Pastor, and a wife,,,maybe her husband should reach out and touch a helping hand in the house. Nowhere in the bible does it say,,the woman has to always cook, always clean,,always keep and maintain the kids. What the heck am I talking about, regarding the savings account that is to be established so that no one works for an entire year,,,,read your bible,,,it's in the old testament. You will find what the heck I am talking about. You know, I Brother,,,let's face it and YOU DONT LIKE IT,,,,BUT WE WOMEN ARE PREACHING,,,, GOD BLESS YOU
Regarding your response to "Mail Bashing" ,, you dont know what you are talking about and you are missing the point. These individuals are suppose to be men of faith,,,but they have alterior motives

What they are supposed to be is irrelavent! What they are is shown in the fruit they produce, so then these are not men of God wolves in sheeps clothing doing exactly what Paul said they would "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,"

But ultimately your right "maybe you should stop replying to my discussions" maybe I will!
You know,

in the beginning of the Bible, Jesus had man ( Adam) and created woman. When Adam was in the garden, he looked and saw each animal had another of it's kind, and God looked and saw that and said it's not good for man to be alone, I must make him and "Help Meet" for all these BROTHERS out here that say they dont NEED a woman,,,,not quite sure what it is you NEED right now then. However, after he created woman, he told them both to multiply and subdue the earth, welll that was God;s intent for his earthly human creation in the beginning and to have dominion over every creeping thing and the fowls of the air. Unfortunately, today,,,,we all know this is not true to a certain degree. The reason it's not that we have dominion and multiply like we should,,,is due to the fall of man (Adam). Brother I agree,,,,God may have intended for it to be the man as the Gsopel delieverer, but as a Minister of the Gospel, I have met Pastors that are propositioning women, committing adultery, lusting, go out of town to their (doc's) friend church and pick their woman from that state and lay with her, down low brothers, Gay,,,,,alll of the above, because this list can go on. So, God has to use somebody Willing and Obedient. Is that not in Deutoronomy. It was the intent of God in the beginning of creation that we all live long, healthy prosperous lives, but due to the fall of man,,,,,,,God has and will continue to do a new thing., I agree with you,,,, there are some Powerful women preachers out there that can make some of these men go home and take care of the dishes. First and foremost if Prayer is our strongest weapon,,,and if Carrying is our natural ability, then if you got the word in you,,,,a woman cannot help but be a strong deliverer of the Word,,,,and guess what else,,,,,whatever is wrong,,,after a Godly, Annointed woman get's in the mix,,,,,something will change. Lots of these men, Prohely,,,then turn around and take up 2 hours to raise as much money as they think they can get. The women is expecting to Get GOD ON THE SEEN !!!
"
The Feminist Movement DOES NOT belong in the house of God!!!
The women do though! and if they weren't there, who would be in the House of God? The bible speaks of the "rocks crying out" that is not speaking of rocks on the ground, rather those that are solid, steadfast, faithful.

Who do we see in the church?

Men, my brothers, instead of being on the battlefield of gender, start being praisers of God doing his Will, or you will continue to see more ROCKS elevated.
Evangelist,

Amen. Not only that, Deborah, was a Prophetess leader,,,and her husband even made the statement,,,in other words,,,I'll go, if you go with me. Esther, being a wise woman,,,led her family out of captivity, Miriam, leads the victory praise after Moses and the children of Israel cross the red sea, I am realizing, that most of these men are prejudice. The word of God is male nor female bond nor free. Some of them, rather lots of them don;t have respect for their own mothers, how in the world are they going to hear a woman preach. And lots of good women preachers,,, have evidence! My God, they have evidence in their ministering, Well, Evangelist,,,,I know what God has called me to do,,,,I know just like a man knows. I refuse to keep allowing them that If we speak,,,speak from the floor or go out in the street., When you barely see 90% of Pastors visiting the Hospitals on a weekly basis or at the nursing home. These male Pastors,,,gotta get a grip,,,and I am not a male basher,,,but I a woman of truth and faith, Let;s face it a woman a deliver the word,,,just as a man can.
also if you look up the meaning of the name Lapidoth, it is in feminine form ( he was a passive man) NOT WEAK, however he did not have the aggresiveness that Deborah had. Again this is what I mean by ROCKS crying out. ( I notice Moreh, YOU didn't address that)

Evangelist, you raised a great point in reference that respect for women must start at home. Men need to be taught that by men, as well
Now Brother I didn't mean to unravel your do. I wanted your opinion, next time I'll be more direct and just ask you. I have a fault at times with being brash. Forgive me!

Annnnnnnnnnnd I am not adding to the Word of the Most High, did I not put in upper case that Lapidoth was NOT WEAK? but in studying and under the supposition of that name, Deborah being his wife, many deem her as of Fiery Spirit inspired by his light, she acted yes in orderly motion.

In fact there are views that the scripture should have been Deborah of Lapidoth, because of how that name meaning mirrors Barak's name, who would be the inspirer to Deborah's actions.

Now Bro. Moreh lets get one thing straight

"When will this continued attempt to draw a false conclusion about the strength or lack of it between a man and woman end?"

This statement of yours is untrue, for I don't believe this, however I do believe that God uses who HE wills to do what HE wills, be it man or woman, and either of our little ego trips or hangups have anything to do with it.
Dear sister Yolanda Burton,

You asked :

“Women Bishop: Can someone please show me in the Bible where this is permitted and explain the text?”

Now, if you already know the answer of your own question, why did you ask it then?

Do you intend to argue with the Holy Scriptures?

You said:

“These individuals are suppose to be men of faith,,,but they have alterior motives… I am not a male basher,,,but I a woman of truth and faith, Let;s face it a woman a deliver the word,,,just as a man can”.

Yolanda Burton says that she is “a woman of truth and faith”, whereas some individuals “are suppose to be men of faith,,,but they have alterior motives”.

Why do they have alterior motives?

Because their teachings contrast with your teaching received in your school?

Yolanda Burton said again : “YOU DONT LIKE IT,,,,BUT WE WOMEN ARE PREACHING”

Dear sister, keep on preaching!

No one can prevent you from teaching!

Feel free to do whatever you want !

But, know that the Bibles says:

“For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

2 Timothy 4:3-4

But, know that it is your own desire!

Many preachers will demonstrate that a woman can be a Pastor, an Evangelist etc.

But, know that you have gathered around you a great number of teachers to say what your itching ears want to hear.

You assert that you are “a woman of truth and faith”, but let me tell you that you have turned your ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths taught in your cemeteries (seminaries), biblical schools or your broken cisterns which can not hold water.

Has someone impure motives because she/he leans on the old school teaching of the Apostles and Prophets of Jesus Christ?

As for me, I will keep on preaching the truth according the Holy Scriptures!

Dear sister, let us read something in the Holy Bible:

“ 13 The messenger who had gone to summon Micaiah said to him, "Look, as one man the other prophets are predicting success for the king. Let your word agree with theirs, and speak favorably."
14 But Micaiah said, "As surely as the LORD lives, I can tell him only what the LORD tells me."
15 When he arrived, the king asked him, "Micaiah, shall we go to war against Ramoth Gilead, or shall I refrain?"
"Attack and be victorious," he answered, "for the LORD will give it into the king's hand."
16 The king said to him, "How many times must I make you swear to tell me nothing but the truth in the name of the LORD ?"
17 Then Micaiah answered, "I saw all Israel scattered on the hills like sheep without a shepherd, and the LORD said, 'These people have no master. Let each one go home in peace.' "
18 The king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, "Didn't I tell you that he never prophesies anything good about me, but only bad?"
19 Micaiah continued, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD : I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the host of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left. 20 And the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?'
"One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.'
22 " 'By what means?' the LORD asked.
" 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said.
" 'You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD. 'Go and do it.'
23 "So now the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The LORD has decreed disaster for you."
24 Then Zedekiah son of Kenaanah went up and slapped Micaiah in the face. "Which way did the spirit from [a] the LORD go when he went from me to speak to you?" he asked.
25 Micaiah replied, "You will find out on the day you go to hide in an inner room."
26 The king of Israel then ordered, "Take Micaiah and send him back to Amon the ruler of the city and to Joash the king's son 27 and say, 'This is what the king says: Put this fellow in prison and give him nothing but bread and water until I return safely.' "
28 Micaiah declared, "If you ever return safely, the LORD has not spoken through me." Then he added, "Mark my words, all you people!" »

1 Kings 22:13-28

Beware, true preachers of God will never let their word agree with false doctors, and speak in favour of women’s preaching. Never!

But, they will always imitate Micaiah in spite of the hatred, the hostility and the intimidations of false prophets and false teachers.

They will always say this:"As surely as the LORD lives, I can tell him only what the LORD tells me." Amen!

Today, Modern Ahabs and Jezebels can think that modern Micaiahs have impure motives.

Besides, modern Zedekiahs can slap the modern Micaiahs in the face.

Even, modern Micaiahs will be put in prison and be given nothing but bread and water.

However, like the former Micaiah, the teaching of the modern Micaiahs will always be constant:

“As surely as the LORD lives, I can tell him only what the LORD tells me."
Amen!

Dear sister, this is the reason why I will always reply to your discussion and tell you that according to the Bible, A WOMAN CAN NOT BE A PASTOR, A BISHOP OR AN EVANGELIST .

Dear sister, feel free to do whatever you want, but your insults can never prevent me from preaching the truth to you, BECAUSE I LOVE YOU.

I’m here on the Black Preaching Network to speak the truth in Christ. I’m a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity (1Timothy 2:7).

“So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God” (1 Corinthians 4:1).

As The Apostle Paul said, I also want to tell you that the appeal I make does not spring from error or impure motives, nor am I trying to trick you. On the contrary, I speak as man approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. I’m not trying to please men but God, who tests my heart. (1 Thessalonians 2:3-4).

Dear sister Yolanda Burton, you said :

“…Not only that, Deborah, was a Prophetess leader,,,and her husband even made the statement,,,in other words,,,I'll go, if you go with me…”

However, let me tell you that the Bible truly says that Deborah was not the leader of Israel but she was traditionally judging Israel at that time. She was simply a Judge. She was neither the pastor nor the leader of Israel.

Barak was the leader. Barak, a man, the leader was to fight Sisera. Deborah as a prophetess simply did inform Barak about what God wanted him to do.

The prophetess Deborah was not an overseer of a church. The Lord simply gave her a revelation, to show His servant Barak (A MAN) what would soon take place: “Then Deborah said to Barak, "Go! This is the day the LORD has given Sisera into your hands” (Judges 4:14).

See : “…into your hands…”! Yes, into the hands of Barak, A MAN. Amen!

A woman can prophesy (1 Corinthians 11: 4-5). A woman can become a judge. Today, we see everywhere women who are judges and that does not scandalize anybody. It’s simply a profession that they do exert. But in the Assembly of God, women can not hold authority over men.

Barak was to go to war alone but he decided to go with Deborah, a woman who was not entitled to go to war.

The attitude of Barak was to some extent a release of liability, a disengagement.

Of course, today, men who authorize women to teach in their assemblies resemble Barak:

“Barak said to her, "If you go with me, I will go; but if you don't go with me, I won't go."(Judges 4:8)

Let us see what Deborah who knew her true position did say to barak:

"Very well," Deborah said, "I will go with you. But because of the way you are going about this, the honor will not be yours, for the LORD will hand Sisera over to a woman." So Deborah went with Barak to Kedesh, where he summoned Zebulun and Naphtali. Ten thousand men followed him, and Deborah also went with him.” (Judges 4:9-10)

Didn’t Deborah refer to gender bias here? (“For the LORD will hand Sisera over to a woman”) Amen!

"...But because of the way you are going about this, the honor will not be yours, for the LORD will hand Sisera over to a woman..."

Authority belongs to Barak, the man. Deborah knew. Let us listen to an excerpt of her canticle:

“Village life in Israel ceased, ceased until I, Deborah, arose, arose a mother in Israel.”

(Judges 5:7)

Deborah arose like a mother in Israel. Yes A MOTHER!

Women, you are MOTHERS. THIS IS YOUR TRUE POSITION IN THE BODY OF CHRIST. Amen!

Deborah was not an overseer of a church but a MOTHER.

Women, you must labour, you must toil, you must strive, you must pray, you can prophesy, you must intercede; you must endeavour to support the work of God as MOTHERS.

You should not become pastors; your true position has been shown by Deborah. You are mothers.

Indeed, the Bible says: “But women will be saved through childbearing - if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.”

1 Timothy 2:15

This is your true position in Jesus-Christ. As good mothers you ought to teach what is good to your daughters:”

“Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”

Titus 2:3-5

Old women should not train the younger women to become pastors or to hold authority over men. But they should teach them to become also good mothers, loving their husbands and children, being self-controlled and pure, being busy at home, being kind, and being subject to their husbands.

Women, this is your role as members of the body of Christ. You have many things to do. Then do not usurp the role of the men. Not only you must teach the younger women but also your behavior owes to be a preaching for your husbands:

“Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

1 Peter 3:1-6

Blessings,

Brother Germain

www.tagworld.com/srobouay
www.myspace.com/wawesan
Brother Germain, if God has called me to be an Evangelist, what authority do you come in to tell me that I am not called to Evangelize.

1. What are the definitions you percieve evangelizing, preaching, ministering are? support your definitions with scripture

2. What scripture or law should have the woman at the well adhered to, so that she would not go run and spread the good news she had learned? support your stand with scripture

3. Who took you to church? have to take your word for it
There is NOTHING wrong with a woman preaching, teaching, evangelizing, etc. How else did the church grow to the enormous numbers it has now?
However, NOWHERE in scripture does it say a woman should be pastor and/or bishop.
THAT is nothing more than the church trying to take up the feminist movement- which is against God.
The ONLY movement that should be in the house of God is the "movement" of God and what His Word has told us to do.
Remember, many are going to stand before God and say, "But I did all these things in your name" and they are not going to enter into heaven.
Being disobedient to the Word of God gets you a free pass to hell!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service