Over the years, I have heard many men and women in the holiness denominations say that women shouldn't wear pants in the church.

Were is the scripture to support the ideology that women shouldn't wear pants? If it is in scripture then I would have to ask why are men wearing pants? Did men wear pants in biblical times or did their wear something that covered their loins and then long robe like attire? I mean isn't that what you depict in your biblical plays? So why aren't the men being asked to wear similar apparel in the church to maintain a outward appearance of holiness? Why aren't they asked to not cut their hair (both facial and head)

What are the clothing designations for men in the holiness denominations.

After all, without holiness NO man/woman shall see God.....

Views: 15694

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

great response
do you go by all of the laws of the old testament?  I think not   So do not chose the ones that would bring women into bondage.  The women in the bible fared bad enough as is.
We're living in a time where it is necessary for us to come together and pray for our family and friends to except Christ in their lives.  Jesus is soon to come and I believe He has delayed His coming in order for us to get ourselves together.  The clothing being worn now is so different from when I came along.  They talked about not wearing your toes out, not going barefoot, watching watch T.V. and much, much more.  It appeared that everything was sin.  But as time went on some things changed.  We as Christians, Ministers, Pastors, Laymen, the young and the old should get in the Word of God, Fast and Pray for God to give us a vision so that we can win as many souls as possible before we leave this world.  Take care.  God Bless

Sometimes I think I have both seen and heard everything until I come here, and consider how far we have come, and yet how far we have to go.

First all the people who feel that women in the church should not wear pants because it effects thier standing in Christ, I have a question. Since when does an article of clothing preclude one from the grace of God. You cannot be serious as to believe that an article of clothing effects anyone's standing in Christ? You mean to tell me that an article of clothing can cause the Blood of Christ to be impotent? Is that really what you are saying? Or perhaps you are saying that men simply do not have self control enough to deal with a sister who presents herself in pants. Well the answer to that would be no in and of himself some men do not have self control but that would be a matter of that man submitting himself to Christ daily in order to crucify the flesh. I realize that some may point to the Levitical law, here's the problem with that though, you cannot pick and choose what part of the law you are going to be subject to, have you all forgotten how Paul even said that when you subject yourself to part of the law. you are made a slave to the whole of the law? So my brothers and sisters I put it to you, Will pants keep you out of heaven, will they cause one to lose thier standing as the "righteousness of God in Christ" Will they remove one from being seated in the heavenlies with Christ at the right hand of the Father. The answer of course is no. But there are some who are so willing to bring women into slavery, not submission to something that even Peter said was not keepable. There are those who would abuse sisters spiritually as opposed to working to set them free, and cause them to walk in the fact that they are the apple of God's eye. There are those who refuse to tell them that their God dances with joy over them. That my brothers and sisters is not the heart of a pastor, nor is it the heart of God.

Truly well said, my Brother! I don't understand why this is even a topic of discussion when there are souls to be won and discipled.

I am 3rd generation COGIC I understand this issue but

I think this type of issue keeps us from focusing on what is important

.We should be more focused on being clothed in humlity than pants

Clothed in rightousness than pants

and unclothing and exposing our sins to repentance instead of covering them up with the issue of pants!

Here's the thing. upon what is our faith based? Is it upon doctrinal issues that do not dictate my standing with the Father, or is it upon the person of Jesus Christ who is supposed to be our example of who and what God really looks like? I mean seriously what is our salvation based on, is it theology and the desire to be right, or is it simple based on the person of Jesus Christ? Here's the thing do we believe in Jesus because of what the Bible says of Him, or do we believe the Bible because of who Jesus is? If your faith is based on anything else, if you get your value from anything else other than the person of Jesus Christ, it is bottom line a form of idolotry, plain and simple. We are to get our worth, our value our standing from one place and one place only, from the person of Jesus Christ. Someone once wrote, that "the deepest crevasse of hell is reserved for theologians who love thier theology more than they love Jesus"....  So let's bottom line it, what is more important, Jesus Christ, or the theology of clothing?
(Clothing, holines, pants, women). Its a pity that the children of Light seems to be in darkness. Can somebody pls get me more informed in the issue of pants here. What a hell! Why should we should be wise and not fool. We shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. The Bible is not confusing, its only that the people are more of carnal and are carnally minded. We should know that its God who made the first cloth (coath of skin) for Adam and Eve after their fall (Gen. 3:21). The primary purpose for clothes is to cover shame of nakedness. Anything more or less than these is arant nonesense. Women, you better be on the Lord's doctrine than to heed to man's idealogy. We should know that we are in the last days, a perilous time (2 Tim 3:1-7), mark verse 7 "ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of truth". In clothing, cloths should be cut according to the persons' shape. The shape of men are difference to that of women, i.e., the hip and the chest, and these are the two major sensitive or privacy situated. Cut your cloths to cover them well. Its madness and shame for a man or woman to put on clothes that mil tighten the body and appear to the public. I see some of the our women even in the church, the shape of their urinary organ and hip and boss are enbursed. This days men are more covered than women, but the issue of pants should out of context, its ment for everybody. God bless you. pasjerry@yahoo.com
i can't believe people are STILL on this...sigh, maybe i should??? maybe i should not...THAT IS THE QUESTION..lol
@ HSMG, right there with ya, Bro! LOL!

Dear sister, somewhere in the book of Leviticus or Numbers the writrer speaks about women not wearing anything pertaining to a man.  Moses was concerning himself with transvestites practiced in contemporary cultures.  The Leaders of the Hebrews did not desire this practice to enter their folkway, and that is, of course, understandable.  I grew up in Holiness; this was pounded, among other things, every week, and that was the way they were taught---how unfortunate.  We have kept people

from the chuch with what became something of a pseudo doctrine.  It is not wrong for women to wear pants in church based

on the above.  We should, however, teach our congregants how to make it in this life; how to use the power of their subjective mind to realize their dreams and aspirations, that it is not a sin to have a billionaire consciousness to support the end-time harvest, to support their families, to support their local churches. My sister be "liberated", continue in the work of the Master.

You made some very valid points men did wear robes in biblical days and not pants. Where the conflict comes in with this I believe is the apparel of men and the apparel of women which in tradition is a dress or skirt. although I do not wear pants to church because it was just programmed in me as a child I do no see a problem with it as long as they are in good taste and not to provocative or revealing, you know showing the whole form or shape. But I have seen some beautifiul pants suits for women to wear in good taste. I believe that this is more traditional than biblical but when you are a member of an organization that does not allow it obedience is better than sacrifice.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service