Over the years, I have heard many men and women in the holiness denominations say that women shouldn't wear pants in the church.

Were is the scripture to support the ideology that women shouldn't wear pants? If it is in scripture then I would have to ask why are men wearing pants? Did men wear pants in biblical times or did their wear something that covered their loins and then long robe like attire? I mean isn't that what you depict in your biblical plays? So why aren't the men being asked to wear similar apparel in the church to maintain a outward appearance of holiness? Why aren't they asked to not cut their hair (both facial and head)

What are the clothing designations for men in the holiness denominations.

After all, without holiness NO man/woman shall see God.....

Views: 15707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LET ME JUST ASK THIS QUESTION....

WHAT IS THE ZIPPER FOR IN PANTS?

Well what about slacks without zippers?

What about them? The first pair (in modern times) of "slacks" were worn by MEN...it's not till womens lib that women decided to BE LIKE MEN and decide since their EQUAL they can wear pants..

Your questions is just my point, the fact that they had to take away the zipper with some designers because women don't need a reason to have a zipper...That already shows that the intent for pants was for men to wear them..

also you still did not answer my question, what IS the zipper for?

HBS honestly my brother your argument about zippers does not do much to add to the conversation as the zipper was not invented until 1851 by Elias Howe who gave us the sewing machine. The purpose of which was not to hide a man's privates as you insinuated but rather to join two pieces of fabric together, otherwise were your supposition the true rationale of the product, they would not be used in jackets or gloves or other protective gear
OH AND "TROUSERS" WERE MADE FOR THE PRIESTS.
But where does it say in scripture that women or men for that fact should not wear pants in church or was this just interpreted to be by man and not actually scripture.

ETF

It is a silly tradition that is foisted on men and women to preclude them from coming to church and being exposed to the gospel.

Well I don't deal with the "Church" anymore but i do know that it stems from the Christians who still regarded TORAH...so in this modern day some aspects of Torah living crossed to other groups...
HBS honestly my brother your argument about zippers does not do much to add to the conversation as the zipper was not invented until 1851 by Elias Howe who gave us the sewing machine. The purpose of which was not to hide a man's privates as you insinuated but rather to join two pieces of fabric together, otherwise were your supposition the true rationale of the product, they would not be used in jackets or gloves or other protective gear. If indeed sir you or anyone else brings up that part of the Levitical law, then you do realize that when you worship God in a building other than the temple or synagogue you do so aimlessly. Further if you are not doing animal sacrifices you are still covered in sin. Once again Paul tells us that if you do part of the law you MUST do the whole of the law otherwise you are just all messed up. And you cannot claim salvation by way of Christ because you are attempting to earn you way in. I think that is the problem with us as black folks we simply do not believe that a great God would so love us that He would just freely give us something that we did not earn, seeing as in this country at least we have to work doubly hard to get anything. Could it be that our theology is so jacked up because we see it through the lense of patriotic idolotry?

Jonathan said: "I think that is the problem with us as black folks we simply do not believe that a great God would so love us that He would just freely give us something that we did not earn"

I was with you until this statement; For one God is not a respecter of person nor does salvation have color on it. Black people, Caucasian people, Hispanic, Asian or whatever race or nationality you are if you have not received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior then you will not spend eternity in Heaven. I know that God loves me from where he brought me from and I believe that a lot of people may not attend church because there is just as much mess going on inside the church as it is not. You worship God in your heart and in your vessel not a building by being obedient to the WORD of GOD. Some are sick and shut in and not able to go inside an edifice so I have to disagree with your statement it was a bit biased. My Father is rich in houses and land and He owns the whole world and as an heir to His promise I am rich also,Hallelujah! Jesus already fulfilled the Law we live in grace!

ETF you are right God is not a respector of persons, nor did I say he was. He does not respect people, we are the ones with the problem, there are however people like us, who are black, who have a problem with how God loves us due to what we see and how we experience life. That is the point of what I was saying. Notice I said I said that it is a problem with us as black folks, I did not say that it was a problem God had with black folks. If you have a child who has a twisted view of God due to the abuse suffered at the hands of a sick father. That child would have a hard time accepting the gift of grace because of what they have experienced. So it is that some of us have a hard time with grace because we are taught that we have to earn everything, including the love we seek. So when it comes to accepting the unconditional love that comes from God, some of us have a really hard time dealing and accepting that gift. That was the point I was stressing, along with the whole idea of patriotic idolotry that is rampant in the church in this country.
No insult intended but you made reference to "black folks" believe me there are problems in every race when it comes to faith, please do not take it personal this is ministry. God bless

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service