Over the years, I have heard many men and women in the holiness denominations say that women shouldn't wear pants in the church.

Were is the scripture to support the ideology that women shouldn't wear pants? If it is in scripture then I would have to ask why are men wearing pants? Did men wear pants in biblical times or did their wear something that covered their loins and then long robe like attire? I mean isn't that what you depict in your biblical plays? So why aren't the men being asked to wear similar apparel in the church to maintain a outward appearance of holiness? Why aren't they asked to not cut their hair (both facial and head)

What are the clothing designations for men in the holiness denominations.

After all, without holiness NO man/woman shall see God.....

Views: 15694

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do not take it personally I do however believe that in trying to see what I meant, I needed to be more thorough no offense taken. Your response merited me taking the time to explain exactly what I meant.
OH AND "TROUSERS" WERE MADE FOR THE PRIESTS.

Reference please

HERE YOU GO....

Exodus 28:42; 39:28 

Leviticus 6:10; 16:4 

Ezekiel 44:18

BREECHES

nkm Miknac (mik-nawce');  Noun Masculine, Strong #: 4370 = underwear, drawers, trousers, a priestly undergarment of linen 

Shalom!

So you are basing your doctrine on the fact that the priest wore basic long johns.... By your own def, an undrgarment, not pants, 4370 miknac mik-nawce' from 3647 in the sense of hiding; (only in dual) drawers (from concealing the private parts):--breeches. Notice your own reference calls them drawers, in short.....UNDERWEAR. You are basing a doctrine on ancient underwear dude not good. That is like attempting to claim what Paul wrote about women wearing gold and teaching in the church is an eternal truth versus it being what it was, namely a cultural suggestion (see this is where a knowledge of first century history comes in handy)

WHAT ARE TROUSERS BROTHER...THE POINT IS THAT NO PLACE DO YOU SEE ANYTHING THAT RESEMPBLES TROUSERS, PANTS UNDERGARMENT OR NOT MADE FOR WOMEN...I ASKED SOMEONE WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE ZIPPER? 

A ZIPPER WAS USED FOR SOMETHING WAS IT NOT? 

ALL YOUR (SO-CALLED) KNOWLEDGE OF THE FIRST CENTURY FAIL..BECAUSE WHEN PANTS WHERE MADE, HOW MANY WOMEN WERE THEY GIVEN TO (YOU SEE THIS IS WHERE KNOWLEDGE OF THE HYSTORY OF PANTS COMES IN HANDY)....

PANTS (as we know them) DID NOT COME INTO RECORDED HISTORY REALLY UNTIL THE 6TH CENTURY (men wore them).

Although women began wearing men's trousers for outdoor work a hundred years earlier in Western countries, it was taboo for women to wear trousers. It was only in the 1970s, that trousers became acceptable for Western women to wear..

NOTICE IT SAYS "WOMEN BEGAN WEARING MEN'S TROUSERS"...

WHY DID YOU NOT MENTION THE FACT THAT (the definition) also SAYS "TROUSERS" AS WELL...WHAT DOCTRINE DID I MENTION BY THE WAY? NONE!!!

So my brother your research is weak at best...

it is not until "womens lib", that women began to wear men's pants....then they got tighter, then they hang lower, then the "church sisters" copy and give the excuse "I can wear what i want god don't care"...yea ok...

IN FACT I WANT TO THANK YOU BECAUSE AFTER GOING BACK AND LOOKING AT SOME THINGS ON THE SUBJECT IT'S MAKING ME LOOK MORE BECAUSE SOME OF THE "CHRISTIAN RELIGION'S" (A MAJORITY THAT IS) INFLUENCE COMES FROM PAGANS, AT IT SEEMS THAT THIS MAY BE ONE AS WELL..

YOU CALL IT "ANCIENT" AT IF IT DOES NOT CONCERN YOU BUT LET ME TELL YOU THAT YAH IS CONCERNED ABOUT HIS DAUGHTER SHOWING WHAT SHOULD BE ONLY FOR THEIR CURRENT OR FUTURE SPOUSE....

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WORSHIP FALSE GODS...

SHALOM

ok you keep bringing up "zipper" as I pointed out the zipper was invented in 1851AD, not BC. Once again your own so called research called them UNDERGARMENTS one can refer to long johns as trousers but the fact is that long johns as the garment you refer to are UNDERGARMENTS, your argument sir is at best laughable. and the fact that you protest the "christian religion" hints at your true intent here. Why is it that if you do not subscribe to Christian tenants that you seek to argue a point on a christian board? Is it because you want to tout how "wise" you think you are? Is it to learn? Because seriously dude, anyone with common sense and any reading comprehension can ascertain that the clothing item you are referring to are UNDERGARMENTS... So once again EPIC FAILURE on your part to argue that somehow this UNDERGARMENT prevents women from wearing pants..And pretell what "false gods do we worship  here? Oh and by the by here is an article on clothing fasteners throughout history, note please the paragraph about the zipper...

http://www.suite101.com/content/a-history-of-clothing-fasteners-a23...

I see your still ignoring "Trousers" as well as the fact that they were MADE (THAT WICH PERTAINS) FOR MEN..YOU CAN JUSTIFY ALL YOU WANT (AS MOST OF YOU DO)..THE MOST HIGH SET THE LAWS INTO PLACE...YOU WANT TO TEACH PEOPLE TO DO THE OPPOSITE OF YAH..

AS FAR AS YOUR LYNC, IT STILL PROVES MY POINT..YOUR JUST TO INTO YOUR JUSTIFICATION TO SEE IT...EVEN YOUR OWN ARTICLE THAT YOU POSTED SAYS THAT THE ZIPPER WAS ADDED TO THE PANTS LATER ON AFTER TRY AFTER TRY TO GET SOMETHING THAT WOULD WORK...BUT IT WAS MADE FOR MEN'S PANTS...Designer Elsa Schiaparelli not only used zippers but (well you read it). You proved my last point in the influence of the pagan Greek and romans on the western world...maybe pants is one of them...

modest is the key, pants were made for women TO ACCENTUATION THE SHAPE...That's why it's called it fashion...to "SHOW OFF YOURSELF", YAH looks for humility...another thing...how do you justify women wearing men's boxers? Men's jackets? Men'ts suits??  See how far your logic has to go? 

I just find it sad that what the Most High says NOT to do, you try to do the opposite or should i say condone the opposite..I guarantee you in YAH's kingdom women will not be wearing pants..don't walk around thinking everything is game...IT IS NOT!!

WOE UNTO YOU IF YOU TEACH MEN NOT TO FOLLOW YAH!!

I'M DONE WITH THIS LONG, CRAZY SUBJECT...

Thank you and goodnight my friend, being wise in your own eyes is not a good thing.
Why argue at all it is not that serious?

not arguing, a sister asked and I posted and this person decides to put his two cents in something....

some of these people are a joke...keep worshiping false gods...and you will see..the brother is no match for the scriptures so i leave him alone...

once again you bring up false gods HSMG please tell us what false gods do christians worship?
The fool has said in his heart that there is no God and that is scripture. So we will not even entertain the thought about false gods because again there is only one God of all Creation. We are in a discussion blog so anyone has the right to respond and we may not like the answer that is given but as godly examples we take it in stride and respect one another. What ever God or god anyone worships it determines where they spend eternity and none of us here has a heaven or hell to put anyone in so please lets respect one another and close this discussion before it gets even further out of hand. God bless

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service