AND HOW LONG IS THE WAITING PERIOD FOR MARRIAGE.

Views: 8

Replies to This Discussion

I HAVE PEOPLE WHO ASK THIS QUESTION ALL THE TIME THEY SEEM TO THINK THEY ARE GOING TO MARRY A PREACHER AND WANT TO KNOW HOW TO CARRY THEM SELVES. I SAY LIKE A LADY BUT THAT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE DETAILED ENOUGH.
A PERFECT DESCRIPTION OF A GODLY WOMAN IS DESCRIBED IN PROV.31:10-30.....(THAT'S IN MY CASE,...I'M SPEAKING FOR SELF! )........
THERE IS NOTHING MORE THAN IMPRESSES ME (IMPACTS,TOUCHES )THAN A PRAYER WARRIOR(INTERCESSOR)...A WOMAN OF DISCIPLINE,MORAL,VIRTUES,PROGRESSIVE,FAITH BUILDER,CONFIDENT........
PROV 18 : 22......SCRIPTURES SAYS " HE WHO FINDS A WIFE,FINDETH A GOOD THING...AND HAS FAVOR WITH THE LORD !"" I THINK HERE THE KEY HERE IS FAVOR.....THAT A WOMAN IS CROWNED WITH WISDOM,FAVOR AND BEAUTY !....BUT FAVOR BEING MORE IMPORTANT...BECAUSE IF SHE HAS FAVOR WITH GOD(GOD HEAR HER,HONOR AND BACKS HER UP )....ANSWERING THE QUESTION I WOULD SAY A YEAR OF COURTSHIP IS SUFFICIENT IF ONE VALUES THE QUALITY TIME SPENT....OF CONSTRUCTIVE,PRACTICAL,RATIONAL CONVERSATION ! ! BASICALLY YOU WANT TO INVESTIGATE IF THE PERSON IS A GOOD PERSON,NOT JUST SPIRITUAL...GOOD (MORAL VALUES,SINCERE,CARING AND LOVING)........BECAUSE IF U JUST DEPENDS FOR A PERSON TO BE SPIRITUAL TO BE GOOD ,YOU'RE IN TROUBLE.....! SOME PEOPLE ARE SO HAEVENLY BOUND THAT EARTHLY NO GOOD !...SPENT TIME TO GET TO KNOW A PERSON...ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS!...IF YOU ARE A MINISTER,YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY AROUND TOO LONG...PEOPLE DON'T SEE WELL A PREACHER WETHER FEMALE OR MALE "DATING "....PEOPLE'S MIND BEGIN TO SPECULATE AND WONDER......A YEAR IS GOOD
WHAT THE PREACHERS LOOK FOR DEPEND ON THERE MATURITY IN GOD I WOULD LOVE TO SAY THEY LOOK FOR A PRAYING WOMAN OR A SAVED WOMAN THAT DEPENDS ON WHERE THEY ARE AT I RECOMMEND THAT THEY LOOK FOR SOMEONE WITH SAME GOALS AND PASSION AS THEM SAVED ONE THAT CAN BE AN ASSET NOT A LIABILITY SOMEONE THAT THEY LOVE AND WANT TO KEEP CLOSE SOMEONE THAT STRONG WHEN HE IS WEAK SOMEONE THAT CAN GET A PRAYER THRU NOT A NOVICE. MATE THAT IS WISE ONE THAT CAN PROTECT BUT YET TRUST ALL AT THE SAME TIME. ONE THAT CAN COOK BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE SISTER BUT A BROTHER GOT TO EAT. I GOT TO EAT I FINISH THIS LATER.
You know... I hear soooo many men say they want a Proverbs 31 woman and they are not even close to being the King that is getting this descriptive advice from his mother the Queen. In proverbs 31, King Lemuel's mother is describing the type of wife that a he (the king) should have. Why does someone who does not exhibit the qualities nor character of a king, demand a queen? He wouldn't know what to do with her! She would seem too forward for him, too progressive, and she would have too much independence in her. But what this type of man doesn't understand is that an woman who knows how to operate independent of a man can still SUBMIT to her husband. Submission is an act of the will, not automatic. It is a choice freely and even lovingly given. A queen has authority, confidence, competence, and yet she can and will submit to her king.

Apostle Perez, please do not take what I am saying as a response to you in particular. But your comment reminded me of some men who say such things and upon further investigation.... they need to come up a notch or two to the position of King or to the understanding of a husband's role as mentioned in Ephesians 5:22-23

I also agree with Apostle Jacqueline Hood...she gave really good advice. A minister's wife or a first lady is not a position to take lightly. It takes a very special woman to be in those roles. That woman must be absolutely confident in her relationship with the Lord as well as with he husband. I mean rock solid!!!

I wonder what preachers look for in a woman is also a preacher or in a leadership role in ministry? What happens when a male pastor meets a female who is the founder of a ministry? That can be a sticky situation indeed depending on the expectations of each person. What if a T.D. Jakes type of preacher met a Joyce Meyers type ... would that be a successful marriage? Where would the submission come in for the woman? Where would the giving of himself as Christ did for the man?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service