I know that there are many pastor's and minister's wives that "go through" many challenges. We would be surprised to know that there are many things that we may have in common. In order to encourage someone else, briefly share your greatest challenge while being a pastor's/minister's wife and how the Lord brought you through it.

Views: 95

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

As a pastor's wife for over 10 years, I have had countless challenges. I'm not sure as to which one out weighed the other. However, I have shared many in my book entitled The Pastor's Wife Does Cry! One of my challenges was every time I gave a suggestion to an Auxiliary leader for an evening service, program, or ministry, it was not accepted ; or it was verbally deemed senseless; or there was complete silence. After time lapsed, a few months or so later, these leaders would implement my ideas or suggestions and took all credit for them. They never pulled me to the side to say thank you. My husband never knew. He'd brag in the pulpit about these wonderful programs for years. I was not intereted in lights shining on me, by any means, but to have no interest in my ideas but yet utilizing them was pitiful. What comforted me was that the Lord told me that people envied me because He gave me great ideas and they believed that since they didn't initiate them then the ideas wouldn't be implemented. So they waited a while thinking that I forgot and then used them. I eventually told my husband and he was in shock. I couldn't believe that they would burst out with these spectacular suggestions making people think that they meditated and Jesus just poured into their spirit. ....and they were making good money too!

That was one challenge and here's another one.

At our Pastor's Anniversary service I was presented with a beautiful bouquet of roses. After handing them to me, they were taken out of my arms and placed in this gorgeous vase which sat on a round wooden table with a white lace table cloth on it. The table sat in between the matching chairs that we sat on. It was so pretty. The flowers were presented to me at the beginning of the service and they sat all throughout the program. I guess you're saying, "What was the challenge?" Well, just hold on, I'm getting there. Near the end of the service, one of the Pastor's Aide members was giving remarks and presented a beautiful bouquet of red roses to some lady. She snatched my flowers out of my vase and handed them to her. My mouth flew open. Me and my husband looked at each other and just couldn't believe it. All throughout service, we're admiring the flowers, then all of a sudden, they were gone, as fast as we'll be caught in the Rapture; faster than hail melts. How embarassing, how far they were from the spirit of excellence; oh, how ignorant, no explanation, no apology, no concern. The church was packed. The care that they had for me was truly expressed! My husband then realized that every one was not crazy about the pastor's wife! God had to show my husband! I surely hate that God showed my husband in this way!

I'll add more one day; these challenges are not mentioned in my book!

Be blessed ladies and know that God is a Keeper; He will keep our mind; He will keep our mouth; and He will keep our soul!

Lady Bea Morgan
Peace and grace be unto you women of God. Wow I don't know where to start. All I can say is yes Pastor's wife does cry a lot. I don't have 10 years under my belt but I still cry. What keep me is the scripture that say they who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength they shall mount up with wings like eagles they shall run and not get weary they shall walk and not faint. Be encourage women of God. Don't let no one stop you or slow you down from doing and saying what God wants you to say.
wow, thank you Lady MOrgan for sharing your experiences. I, on the other hand, havent even gotten close to seeing this level of struggle because not have i only been married to a minister for only 2 months, but im also 19, merely 19, but chosen none the less and let me tell you, its extremely difficult. What i keep reminding myself of is that the enemy doesnt like anything goldy, including marriage. i also feel like he doesnt like ours in particular because here it is, weve only been married for 2 months and have already endured so much hardship. I know God has a HUUUUGE plan for both of our lives. We are meant to be vessels to impact many people and this may be the root of his disension.

BUt i can share a few of mine. The first is women. I have never experienced such agressiveness from females in all of my life. There are some who treat me horribly because of there "love" for my husband. there are women almost twice my age forming cliques against me. after relocating to his state and church, i have never felt so lonely because not only am i new to the area, but then there are females who dont want to get to know me, or are trying to be close to me for the wrong reasons (which God has shrevealed to me.)

i feel as if i just need to grow more learn how to deal with this issue because 1.) im not going anywhere 2.) they arent going anywhere

another struggle is overcoming fear and self-consiousness. granted, i know that everything happens for a reason. but i do feel very unsure of myself and i want that to change.

i do thank God for a loving congregation that accepted me from the beginning, but i still feel the need to prive myself. its never-racking!!!! i want to be myself, but i also feel compelled to be this model of a woman. but that "character' MAKES ME FEEL UNEASY. i dont want to be a performer and im not sure oif the real me is good enough.
any suggestions???
I am just entering into the ministry world, actually my husband will give his first sermon in a few weeks. And I have a fear myself. But what I am noticing is GOD is preparing the way. He is allowing us to fix "cracks" that we have in our lives as well as in our relationships now. So I KNOW he will protect us as we continue our journey. My pastors wife gave me the advise to not lose who I am. Stay the same. And that is what I am trying to do. People will try to make you out to be a super-natural person/family, when we have the same struggles. At times I am already feeling the "what about me", "who cares about me", and so on. But God is telling me, "Seek me and the protection and comfort I will give you". He is also showing me to love the ones that make it hard to love them. As I sit here and shake my head, I never thought I would marry a ministy and I truly never thought about being a ministers wife. But as scripture says..."Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will be established.

Stay encourage.
I know that I might be repling late but just join the group and read you note. I have being a pastors wife for more than 10years and my heart goes out to Pastors wife. I went through alot that even if I start writing books,wounldn't know when to stop. As a ministries/pastors wife KEEP YOUR EYE ON JESUS. In all things know that you are a christain that is important and be yourself. God don't call those that are qualify but He qualifies those He call. So belove you are more than qualify to be a pastors wife regardless of age.
It's me again. Lord knows I need this little place to let a little out. As I continue to go on this journey of "Minister's Wife", I see through all of the hardships just how the Lord is dealing with me. And right now HE is teaching me patience. Both inside the home and out of the home. Although there is really no true support around me, I find comfort in Jesus. I guess this isolation is also for my build-up. Somethings, when speaking with other Minister/Pastors Wives need not be said, but they are truly understood. I pray that we continue to get the power from the Holy Spirit to keep our spouses covered in prayer.

Stay encouraged.
Belove of God, one thing is sure we will overcome if our eye is fixed on JESUS. Be strong and of good courage.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service