Shelach – "Send you"

Numbers 13:1–15:41

Joshua 2:1–24

John 7–8
This Scripture portion begins with Yahweh telling Moses to send twelve spies sent out to spy out the land of Canaan. The interesting things that occurs here is that the people themselves made the suggestion to go and spy; this was not an order by Moses or Yahweh as stated in Deuteronomy 1:22 and 23, “And all of you came near to me and said, ‘Let us send men before us, and let them search out the land for us, and bring back word to us of the way by which we should go up, and of the cities into which we would come.’ “And the matter was good in my eyes, so I took twelve of your men, one man from each tribe." So we see the people standing and wanting to take some initiative to be proactive concerning the promise of the Father of the land that they were to possess. The problem came when the twelve went into the land and saw with their own eyes the people and the city itself as the entire picture was overwhelming for them except for two of the spies Kaleb from the tribe of Judah and Hosea from the tribe of Ephraim. I have to add the following information to bring the whole picture to light. Kaleb’s name means ‘dog’ as in being forcible or to attack, and Hosea means ‘salvation’ as in the ‘desire of salvation’ but Moses changed his name to Yehoshuah, which means “Head of salvation or Yahweh is salvation.” What I think is even more interesting concerning the names of the two spies that brought back a ‘good’ report is that Yehoshuah’s father’s name was Nun which means perpetuity for his family line, ‘fish’ or ‘posterity’ as to increase continually, because if a man has food to feed his family they will continue through the generations. This is why Proverbs 13:22 says, “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children,” also Yehoshuah is the Hebrew proper name for Messiah of Whom the church calls ‘Jesus.’ From this we see that Father Yahweh is setting in place the kingdom of Yahshuah Messiah in providing the land for the King to reign and sit upon forever. Yehoshuah took the children of Israel into the land which is a prophetic picture of our Messiah Yahshuah taking us into the land of salvation through His shed Blood and ultimately back to the land that our father Abraham purchased for his people as an everlasting resting place.

As we continue the Scripture reading we see the spies staying out forty days and return with one cluster of grapes that is so large that two men carry it back on a pole; they also have pomegranates and figs. The forty stands for ‘cleansing’ or time of trial as in the forty days of the flood during Noah’s time and also the forty days that Moses and Yahshuah were in the wilderness before their great tasks; these are just a few witnesses to what the number stands for in the Scripture. Then the huge fruit were representative of and example of Father’s anticipated Provision once in the land. I think it is ironic that the same men who brought back the fruit are the same ones to give a bad report. This reminds me of the many times that I received reminders of Yahweh’s Provision and how I sometimes struggled with the ‘how’ and really that was none of my business, all we are required to do is trust and obey…this is what they struggled with so the wrestling that I spoke of in the Scripture portion last week in the marching order of the tribes and the story it tells ends with them struggling and wrestling with what….their belief.

It proves to me that Father’s people have not changed. How many times do we struggle with standing on what Father has promised and how many times do we continue to step out from under the cloud and try to make things happen ourselves. If Father says that we have the victory we need to believe His Report because He has the game plan, we can ask for it, but it is still up to Him whether or not He chooses to share it with us. In my experience with Yahweh sometimes He does share, sometimes He doesn’t. Not always because He doesn’t want us in the loop, but sometimes because it’s a matter of urgency. My son made a great analogy of this; he stated that he and his wife went to Washington, DC where he grew up and he told her on the way up there, “if I say get in the car” or “let’s go” do it immediately not because he is trying to be forceful with her, but because he loves her and a big city experience can sometimes be interrupted with a possible tragedy, so to protect her he becomes ‘Kaleb’ and shields his wife from danger, once out of sight of that danger he can share what had occurred. What a perfect picture of Yahweh; He is our protector and sometimes He doesn’t have time to tell us why or how but if we trust Him He will accomplish through us the task at hand. HalleluYah!

By this time the people are in an uproar, they are crying and saying why did you bring us out here to destroy us, and the worst thing came finally with them saying, “Let us appoint a leader, and let us turn back to Mitsrayim (Egypt).” This was it, Father Yahweh is through…He is telling Moses move out of the way...they are dust! Moses is now pleading with the people to not provoke Yahweh and he’s begging Yahweh to not cut them off…what a position for Moses to be in as this was a constant battle for him to try and bring some sanity to this situation, but this tells me that Moses truly was special to Yahweh because He heard his Moses' plea and accepted his apology. So we see all through this wilderness experience Father Yahweh wanting to destroy Israel and Moses begging their pardon and then sometimes Moses saying these people are horrible…did I bring them here? This is a totally wrestling experience for everyone involved and Moses tells Yahweh that it will look bad for Him and Yahweh takes the apology from Moses, but unfortunately for the wonderers Father states that they will not see the land and makes them wonder forty years until those who rose up and rebelled died in the wilderness without having the experience of the promise land. The wilderness always means wrestling and struggles so we should understand that when Father sets us apart for a task that He will prepare us and the place of preparation is the wilderness. Ultimately the people get plagued again and they decide “we have sinned, but now we will go up” to the land, but it was already done, so they went without the ark which represented Yahweh’s Presence and without Moses who was Yahweh’s representative. Unfortunately for them it is 'Too little…too late' they received ‘the beat down’ (that’s actually what the Torah saysJ). After which Yahweh gives instruction to those who will enter the land concerning making a vow and bringing offerings. This seems misplaced considering the incident that had occurred before this and resulted in Israel being defeated and a plague taking out some of the heads of their families; it is timely as He is speaking to the future of His people who will inherit the land not those who will not enter the land All those under age 20, Kaleb and Yehoshuah; that’s it, not even His servant Moses will make it. Father is giving instruction on offerings to the youngsters those who Yehoshuah will lead into the land “one Law for you of the assembly and for the stranger who sojourns with you – a law forever throughout your generations. As you are, so is the stranger before Yahweh. One Torah and one right-ruling is for you and for the stranger who sojourns with you.” Father makes it very clear that there are not two Laws or Torahs, but there is only One to govern His people. This statement completely dispels the thought that we have a ‘new’ law which usually has Paul’s name attached to it, but not even Paul could disregard these Words given to Moses and Israel in the place of wrestling.

By the mouth of two or three witnesses Truth is established; Father says again in Numbers 15:29 ‘For him who does [whatever] by mistake there is one Torah, both for him who is native among the children of Israel and for the stranger who sojourns in their midst. All offerings are for sins done by ‘mistake’ but then He goes on to say if one disobeys on purpose then that person is destroyed from the people. He is not joking and has had His fill of disobedience from this people that He has freed, protected, provided for and given land inheritance to, so basically he says in the 30th verse of chapter 15 if you sin willingly your sin will be on your own head and you will be cut off from among His people. I think that this is what is happening today, people who claim to be of the House of Yahweh are sinning willfully and those sins are maintaining their curse on them until they are cut off. As people set apart to the One, True and Living Creator we must understand this very important part of the Scripture and this stands True just as man working by the sweat of his brow and woman having much pain in bearing children. Father did not change His mind as He says in Malachi 3, “I ‘m Yahweh, I change Not.” He does not ‘recall’ curses they stand permanently just as the blessings do, because they are the cleaning system, but He tells us how to live ‘curse free.’ It is up to us to choose. At the end of this Scripture reading a man goes out on the Sabbath and gathers sticks he is taken outside the camp and stoned, why, because how many times does Father have to deal with them on this, remember it’s always a heart issue. If Yahweh says it, we should be finding a way to be obedient to it…bottom-line.

Finally father gives Israel a reminder to place on their garments so when they think about not obeying they can grab hold and remember who they are and especially remember Who He is and has been to them. The Tzit tzit (fringe) are still worn today by Hebrew men and some women; many say that it is legalism, first I ask, Who told all of Israel to wear them and second, what is wrong with a man being reminded of who he is. Sisters, I ask you if that fringe will remind and stop your husband from turning aside to another woman would you call it legalism or a help to him. The blue strand that runs throughout the fringe represents the thorn of the heavens where Yahweh resides and it tells of Him being our Yahshuah who is our Redeemer and Salvation who warns us of impending danger and delivers us from our own minds and hearts to restore us from evil thoughts of rebellion and captivity of sin.

Even in Joshua 2 when the spies were sent into Jericho and Rahab assisted, but the point I want you to focus on in relationship to the above study is that a scarlet cord was hung outside of her window to tell the Israelite army not to touch whoever remained behind her doors, but if anyone in her family was disobedient their blood would be on their own hands or they would be cut off along with the rest of the city. Rahab by being obedient saved herself, her family and became part of the lineage of the Messiah! I’m sure that her neighbors probably didn’t have a clue as to why that woman had that scarlet rope hanging from her window, but at the end of the day it didn’t matter what her neighbors thought, she and her family received salvation through the symbol of the ‘rope.’ Now, you may say that salvation is only through the blood of Messiah and that is correct, could it be that is why they used a scarlet rope?Also we have to remember that He died for your unintentional sin, when you continue to commit sin knowingly as stated in Hebrews 6:6, "If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame." What does that mean? Simply stated if one returns to the sins that he does after receiving repentance by Messiah’s Blood they bring Yahshuah to open shame and crucify Him over again. So if we continue to sin after we know that it is sin who gets to pay for that? Look at the story of King David and Beersheba after he made a mess of the situation the 51st Psalm tells us how broken he was, but even after all of that Yahweh forgave him, but then Father asked David, Who will pay for this? When you sin willfully someone will pay either you or your family member; David lost his first born son from Beersheba. Please do not get unintentional sin mixed up with intentional sin, your sins are on you when you sin willfully. This sounds hard but Yahshuah did not die for you to continue to sin after coming into the Truth and Light of His Word, because you make His death of null affect by your actions. Be very clear of what I am saying that Yahshuah’s finished work on the Stake was complete in allowing us access back to the Father, but you make it as nothing when you continue to sin, so your sins will be upon you and your generations (Read Exodus 20:5; 34:7; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9)

Another very important point to this Scripture study is ‘timing’ just as the disobedient children of Israel brought back a negative report concerning the land and then moved against the enemy at the wrong time Messiah Yahshuah in John chapter 7 is told by his brothers to go to Judah and do His work so that His taught ones could witness, but Messiah quickly told them that His ‘time’ had not come yet, because He knew that they didn’t believe in Him. We have to be watchful of those we accept counsel from, some people that we seek information from do not have our best interest at their heart and may in fact want to see us taken down. We must always have two or three witnesses so that Truth is established. We should be as Messiah Yahshuah and let the enemy know it’s not ‘time’ for that yet. In my opinion, ‘timing’ is all of it; if we are out of step with Yahweh’s ‘cloud’ we are out of step with our ‘season’ of harvest. Too many times we step forward without consulting the Master and then find ourselves not being productive and sometimes even causing such a negative effect that we may have to begin all over again.

All through the 7th chapter of John Messiah is telling the Rabbinical community of His ‘timing’ and they were in sync with the plan of Yahweh so no matter what Yahshuah said they didn’t get it. Father Yahweh’s plan was for them to be blinded to Who Yahshuah was so that they would crucify Him. Just as they were used to bring about the plan of Yahweh, there will be those in our lives that will be used to advance the plan that The Most High has for our lives, but with that in mind we should never expect for unrighteous hard hearted people to understand what Father is doing in our lives. Even being the Flesh Torah, Yahshuah reminded them of the Torah that Moses gave to them and in every Word of that Torah Yahshuah Messiah was represented, but they still sought to kill Him. Yes, He was born to be the Sacrifice, but Father had a specific time for all of that to occur, because He is the Passover lamb so His death had to fall on the time appointed. Yahweh is all about appointed times; His not ours; He has selected these times from the beginning of time and set them in order so that we as His people will know His timing. As the chapter continues the heads of the people begin to argue about Who Yahshuah is and then they come to what they probably thought to be a sensible conclusion that Yahshuah couldn’t possibly be the Messiah because they thought that He came from Galilee, not knowing that He was born in Bethlehem.

Then we see messiah teaching in chapter 8 and the same people who do not believe in Him bring a woman who they said was caught in the act of adultery, (notice there was no man with her) and they test Messiah saying what should we do with her the Torah says that she should die; Yahshuah bends down and begins to write in the dirt…why does He do that? It is written in the book of the Prophets in: Jeremiah 17:13 O יהוה, the expectation of Yisra’ĕl, all who forsake You are put to shame. “Those who depart from Me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken יהוה, the fountain of living waters.” Could it be that Yahshuah was writing their names in the earth and that’s why they dispersed without condemning her any further? I was clear that they were not without sin because they left and how can one who is also in sin judge another? First, they were in sin by breaking the Torah by bringing just the woman because Leviticus 20:10 states that both man and woman were to be brought and stoned for their wrong, and second, this situation was clearly a set up not just for the woman but also for Yahshuah. Again Messiah deals with it in a way that causes them to run and not take hold of Him, why…because it was not His ‘time’ yet.

Messiah was fulfilling Scripture Isaiah 12:3 by going into the temple during the Feast of Tabernacles and saying if anyone thirst come to Him and drink, because is He is the Living Torah (WORD) that brings life to all who believe in Him. In the temple days a ceremony was done that consisted of water being poured over an alter to invoke Yahweh to send proper rainfall in its ‘time’ so that their fields would bring a harvest. For Messiah to walk into this assembly and declare Himself as the Water speaks to Who He Is and sent a greater message then we can understand outside of the culture of the time. They were in the ‘time’ of Redemption and Deliverance and didn’t know that He had come! Ultimately Messiah proclaims to be the Light and that He has the witness of two because He Himself had proclaimed and Yahweh proclaimed because He was teaching the Truth to the people and not the thoughts of man. Messiah taught and upheld the Torah before them and they did not like it because their hearts were dark. Yahshuah was exposing the darkness of their hearts at every turn, but He was not going to allow them to bring about His change in their time; He took control of that and continued to slip away from them, because He knew that He had a HaMoad ‘appointed time’.

In my conclusion, let us be reminded of who we are by keeping Yahweh’s Word, whether you believe that it is important to wear a fringe on your garment or not what matters is that it was given to Israel to be a reminder. Reminding us that we have to move out by His Commands and understand that when we are obedient we become the Righteousness of Yahweh in the earth. Let us be mindful of Faher’s ‘seasons’, study and walk in them so that we get a better understanding of ‘Time According to Yahweh’. Finally, let us walk as Yahshuah Messiah and not act out of Yahweh’s Appointed Time. I challenge everyone reading this to study Yahweh’s Set Apart Schedule in Leviticus 23 and then look at the life of Messiah in that study I guarantee you will see from Genesis to Revelation Yahweh’s plan of True salvation; you may also find where you fall in the scheme of Yahweh’s ‘Time’.

Blessings and Shalom!

Views: 11

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service