This is a continuation of the concept introduced in the earlier Totality of Redemption piece. If you haven't already read that, I suggest you go back and read that one first so you don't get lost. This little blog is going to be quick and to the point.

You understand that you have a prepaid account on your sin-debt. Jesus paid it all! That's enough to make you go into a radical praise all on its own. But let me unravel just one more point.

We sing a song titled "Jesus Paid It All" that, if not careful, can have us swinging dangerously on both sides of the fence. I don't know the composer of the song, so when they penned the words, what they really meant is left open for interpretation. However, let me dispell the way that common religion has interpreted the words to this song. This is crucial, because it continues to perpetuate the idea that we owe something. The words to the song are:

"Jesus paid it all!
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it whiter than snow."

Now, while this song really blesses me, it worries me at the same time. Why? Because of the second line"All to Him I owe." If I could change one word in the song for the purpose of clarity, I would pen it as "Love to Him I owe." There is a substantial reason for my saying this. We accept that He paid it all. But somehow, we are tempted to shift back into a works and performance mode if we then feel that we owe Him anything more than love. What we are implying if we owe anything more than love is that He gave us a loan on our sin-debt that has to be repayed. If that is the case, He really didn't pay the sin-debt, He merely fronted us a loan on our sin-debt until we could get up enough resources (works and penance) to pay our own debt off. Now, I ask, does anybody need a loan? Absolutely not. We need debt cancellation. He knew we could never come up with enough to pay the debt, and so rather than putting us in a no-win situation where we would be eternally attempting to pay off a debt that we could never pay, He did the only thing that He could do to set us free. He completely, eternally, and lovingly CANCELLED THE DEBT! You owe Him nothing. The case has been dismissed, and you have no fines, penalties, or other negative repercussions as a result of having been guilty of the charges, but rather are completely pardoned and exhonerated forever.

Please be aware, however, that when you shift into a works and performance mode, you are cancelling the work that He has done in your behalf. You place yourself back in jail, and in jeopardy of judgement. If it is your works that you flaunt before the Judge, then the Righteous Judge must judge you according to YOUR works. How foolish can we be to try to put our works before the works of Jesus. Our works are going to ALWAYS come short of the mark. There is no other outcome. We, in ourselves, simply do not have what it takes to be able to hit the mark. The word sin in the original actually means to miss the mark. Thus, we come short (sin) of the glory of God. The only way we can ever hit the mark is by substitution (righteousness being imputed to us) through the work of Jesus. This work, being done once, does not need to be done again by Him or us! The work is already a complete work. Receive it.

This work is irreversible. The only thing to keep you from it is unbelief. Keep trying to do works if you want to. You can never pay the debt. Even the Scripture that says "Faith without works is dead" is not speaking to the kind of works that the church has long since been trying to cram down people's throats. If I, by faith, believe this life-changing fact of being free from my sin-debt, my works (actions, mindsets, perceptions, attitudes, and accomplishments) will reflect the blessings that receiving this truth produces. I KNOW that I receive what Jesus deserves because through His sacrifice, I stand blameless before the Father. I receive all the full benefits of being a regenerated, transformed son/daughter of The King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. My mentality is always win-win. My successes are never ending. My faith is relentless in face of adversity. My life yields the fruits of life and life more abundantly. I no longer merely exist, I thrive. I'm not depressed, I impress, express, and redress. I am the head and not the tail. I am above only, and not beneath. I become the lender, and not the borrower. I walk back into my place of dominion, power, and authority. I become the created son/daughter of God that He intended for me to be.

So I ask again, does anybody need a loan?

Views: 9

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service