There are a lot of people who are genuinely sick of church, but they are loving God. For some reason, the church doesn't want to be truthful that churches have lost the power, and people, though going through the motions, are sick and tired of just "havin' church!" People want to see results.

Why are church folks the poorest? Why are church folks the sickest? Why are church folks the meanest? Why are church folks the greatest gossipers? Why are church folks the most judgemental? Why do church folks get so "happy" and start shouting on depressing songs like "Jesus Can Work It Out!" Why is all of your money spent? Why do you always have a telephone disconnect, and waiting for the next paycheck? Why do church folks' babies ALWAYS need a pair of shoes with the telephone and light bill due?

The Creator wants to make you the head, and not the tail. God said you would be above ONLY, and not beneath. The Word says you are the lender and not the borrower. Be in health and prosper as your soul prospers. (Could this mean that all of the previous people I described in earlier paragraphs that frequent the church are not prospering in their souls?)

I believe that the hour has come for Kingdom to come forth. Let's get out of religion, and move into spirituality. Let's leave our evil ways (evil, by the way is live spelled backwards) and start living in power, truth, freedom, and abundance. According to Scripture, "life is the light of men" as stated in St. John 1. Can we get some life back in the church so we can come out of the dark? Kingdom please! No church!

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

Could it be that some of the "church folk" are just that "church folk" and not born again Christians. Many people today wants to be known as "Christ's Followers" and not Christians, because of the bad rap and example many have given. Moving pass that I feel a move of God upon you as you will led others out of poverty and into abundance.
Thank God for sending you with that word for such a time as this. May God keep on blessing you with the word. have a bless day.
Why do church folks get so "happy" and start shouting on depressing songs like "Jesus Can Work It Out!" Why is all of your money spent? Why do you always have a telephone disconnect, and waiting for the next paycheck? Why do church folks' babies ALWAYS need a pair of shoes with the telephone and light bill due?

I would respectfully beg to differ that songs like, "Jesus Can Work It Out!", are depressing. Quite the contrary. While the situation that these songs paint are painfully real (and depressing), especially in minority communities, the shouting done is usually testimonial to the TRUTH that Jesus can and does work these empoverished situations to our good, if only for that immediate moment.

The current challenge and reason "church folks" are the ones in these damning conditions is because we were never taught how to walk out the Word of God. We were not taught how to "get wealth". In fact, we were raised to believe that poverty was piety, Jesus was poor, money is the root of all evil, and wealth would keep us outta heaven because we would depend on money and not on God. Thank God, our children are not buying this bad theology. Instead, they're seeking out churches that line up more with God's truth that says they can be abundantly blessed in the here and now as well as in the over yonder.

As a Black minister, I'm weary of hearing bad hermeneutics about the rich young ruler, the camel, and the eye of the needle. Too many people are still waiting for God to rain down manna from on high. News Flash!: It's been 4000 years since manna and quail have been rained down from the sky!!! God said, "I give you power to get wealth". God said, "if you do all that is in the Book, YOU will make YOUR WAY prosperous and have GOOD SUCCESS". And NO! Church folks are not prospering in their mind, will, and emotions. If we were, our divorce rate would not mirror that of secular society. Our people -- good 'n saved, sanctified, Bible quotin'/scripture totin' Black church folks -- are perishing for lack of knowledge because too many of us who are preaching lack real understanding of what the Word is saying.

It's time for us to stop parroting the theology of the Patristic Fathers and hear what the Spirit is really saying to the progeny of Abraham, People of God.
Good word. I haven't been on in quite a while, so I did not see your response until today. Thanks so much for sharing!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service