Well, my sisters it looks it's a consensus we are going to have a single's ministry. Now, can we have a discussion? How do you go about dating if you are a Pastor? Do you look for other members of clergy? What about the deacons? What about the laity? I don't know about any one else but I have found that some men in churches wanted me to leave ministry because they felt that I could not respect or submit to them. What about the men? How is it seeking a godly woman to be a wife, if you are older what about children? Frankly, I am clear I may be Pastor of the ministry that God has called me to but my husband would be King and Pastor of our home. Do we go to conventions believing God for someone to approach us. Well, I am in Miami. It is 60% Hispanic so the men I do get to see are in church; I am finding myself trying to get out to more community events because I really don't think that the Holy Spirit is going to send someone to my door (even though I am sure He can - smile). Can we talk? What are you thoughts? - Rev. Wanda

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

Kingdom Greetings,
Being a pastor and dating is alright if you keep proper respect for each other.
I would not date anyone in my congregation unless i have the go ahead from God,
because imagine preaching to someone you are dating dangerous on two ways, so to stay clear of
not rightly caring right for her soul and mines it could get out of hand for the flesh is just that,it's a no no for me.
Again unless God says ok, i'd have to make sure it was God and not my flesh!
We are to remember we are brothers and sisters at all times and if God speaks other wise
fine.
I do not go to conventions when i go to meetings especially for church that's my soul purpose.
If we remember what the bible says seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness all these other things would be added
unto us.

I tell you a story sometimes the Holy Ghost sent a brother in church just for this one sister he got saved a while later they were married and last i heard they were both doing a work for the Lord!
Peace Awesome Women of God,
This is an interesting topic! I dated extensively in the world, but when I accepted my call as a servant and messenger for God I stopped. I have had "spiritual courtships" that have not worked out. That is only because the men that God presented to me wanted physical relationships before marriage. They did not want to keep our relationships "spiritual." What I mean by "spiritual courtships" are courtships that God has ordained and presented before me and the man of God that God said I would marry. What I am saying may not make sense to some but perfect sense to others. I met four men in the last four years that God had ordained to marry me and three chose other women they were physically intimate. The fourth one would not submit to what God told him to do in ministry and listened to others who were jealous of his anointing. I had to be obedient to what God told me and that is to wait until marriage to be intimate with my husband. There is no more "testing the waters" or "tasting the milk" before it is bought. I have to be pure, holy and righteous before God when I stand before HIM and my family and friends that I will be in a marriage covenant with my husband until death do us part. I was totally disappointed, but God strengthened me with every rejection and I know that the man of God that God has for me will come. I am prayerful and I am in preparation for my husband that I know God will present to me. I can only speak for myself but I think I know what I want but God knows exactly what I need. I am having a blast right now! There are so many awesome men of God out there just to meet and talk about the word of God and life period. I say...just enjoy your time with the LORD and have FUN! I just turned 40 two weeks ago and I am so glad that I did not marry any of the men that I've had in my life. There isn't a day that goes by that I can say..." I wish I married..." I am so thankful for every man I've met and I'm even more thankful that the right one that God has for me will come in "divine timing." I did meet an armor bearer in recent months who was studying to be an ordained minister. We met online and we both live in Houston but we never met in person. All he wanted to talk about was what I look like in person and what size did I wear? And when we could meet? I knew that was a red flag but I kept praying for him hoping that he would get past the fact that I'm a size 18 and not an 8. Needless to say he called one night and said he wanted to pursue another woman of God. I asked him why pursue someone when God just presented you with one. He fumbled over his words and said the good news is that you can find your king. I said no....I'm a helpmate and my king will know me and he won't have to pursue me we'll both know. I said all of this to say...if we stay prayerful...loving who we are and where God is taking us we won't have the time to wonder the whens, wheres, hows or why. I am a single mother of one and my daughter asks me all the time...Mommy how are you going to meet your husband if you only go to work and church? Don't you need to get out there and be seen to meet him? I looked at her with a smile and said..."God knows the number of every hair on our heads...Don't you think he would know exactly where to place me and my husband to meet? I have every confidence that all the women on this singles ministry will meet whom God has ordained for her to marry. God is not a man that he should lie if HE told you that you will be married then...Get READY! We can think about "hook up" situations until the cows come home but as the Creature....let's just let the Creator figure it out and do what we are created to do....Praise Him in all we do!

Blessings,
Reine Diva
This has to be difficult for women in the ministrsy, to find a mate who understands your role in the church and their life. Often, my brethern are fearful of their ministry and can not be trueful with you. In the Baptist church we are stilling having a difficult time accepting your calling. I'm not sure if I'm 100% comfortable with women pastoring, but I know it's not my call and I will never place myself in the position to delay the kingdom to growth. That said, I have encouraged several women to be ordined, set aside two to pastor, anad that 4 in our Minister training Institute at the church I pastor. There is not one of us that can't see the importance of women have had in church developing over the ages. The first individual that Christ informed to preached the good news was Mary, when he instructed her to go tell His brethren, and say (preach) unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. So what is the good news: He got up from the grave.
Women see the church different from men, which is natural. Most men tried to leave the frustrations of church business at the door of the church and not take it home with them. They don't want to discuss it over dinner, while women have incorporate their ministries into their life and it possess their thoughts and being. This is difficult when you are tring to have an intensive connection with someone. The male concept of a spiritual connection, unfortunately has a physical issue attached to the equation. The society, our own physical desires, plus our unwillingness to commit to the Lord outlines the issues of dating.
When I was in seminary you dated the women who worshipped the Lord while going out with one who would give herself to you physically. The issue has always provide unnessary pressure on relationship. But, God is raaising up a generation who will not commit to the will of this world.

Now, the best place to meet someone who will provide you a christian home is someone who has summitted themselves to the Lord is church. Recommend attending bible study as a date and listen to their replies and thought pattern. But, what do I know.
Thank you so much for being so transparent and real. This is why this ministry is so needed. Believe me it is the same with women in ministry if we are honest. I know that I have never dated a man of God because prior to my being honest - I didn't want to corrupt them and I wanted to be with someone who would not hold me to a higher standard or would sleep with me and then condemn me (which I felt men in church would)... if I just dealt with someone who was "spiritual" and not religious or saved - they would acknowledge that I was a woman of God but I was still a woman with needs. And the confusion continues. Also, you have men who now under the guise of this new understanding of freedom in Christ, have a wife, a few baby mothers and such and all are part of the ministry... help us now.

I live my live as God requires and am honor to be able to with the grace of the Holy Spirit. Thank you for so much for being so honest.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service