During bible study this morning, i was a bit perplexed about two scriptures and would like to get some clarification please!

Gen. 1:27 "...Male and Female He created them."

Gen. 2:22 "Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into woman......"

Why the double reference?

Thanks for your help.
Evangelist Cookie

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

PRAISE THE LORD!! GREETINGS EVANGELIST HUNTER!! BE OF GOOD COURAGE MY SISTER-N-CHRIST***SMILE***, REMEMBER 2 CORINTHIANS 4: 8= WE ARE TROUBLED ON EVERY SIDE, YET NOT DISTRESSED; WE ARE PERPLEXED, BUT NOT IN DESPAIR.

ANYWAY, CHAPTER 1 OF GENESIS IS ALL IN ORDER FROM THE FIRST DAY OF CREATION WHEN GOD SAID LET THERE BE LIGHT, THEN HE DIVIDED THE LIGHT FROM THE DARKNESS WHICH WAS THE FIRST DAY, UNTO THE SIXTH DAY WHEN HE CREATED MAN(WHICH IS MANKIND) IN HIS IMAGE, NOW HE WENT ON TO SAY HE CREATED MALE AND FEMALE TO LET THE READER SEE THAT MAN ARE CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD AND FEMALE HE CREATED ALSO.

NOW IF YOU LOOK INTO CHAPTER 2 OF GENESIS STARTING WITH VERSE 7, GOD INFORM MAN THAT HE FORMED HIM FROM THE DUST OF THE GROUND AND BREATHED THE BREATH OF LIFE INTO HIS NOSTRILS, THEN MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL. HE WENT ON IN THE 19 VERSE TO SHOW US THAT EVEN THE ANIMALS WAS FORMED FROM THE GROUND ALSO. NOTICE, HE FORMED MAN FROM THE DUST OF THE GROUND, BUT, NEVER MENTIONED THE SAME WITH THE ANIMALS, BUT, THEY WHERE FORM FROM THE GROUND. MAYBE THAT'S WHY ANIMALS SKIN IS MUCH TOUGHER THAN OUR***SMILE***.

NOW IN VERSE 22 GOD IS SHOWING WHERE AND HOW WOMAN WAS CREATED, THAT HE TOOK A RIB FROM INSIDE OF THE MAN TO CREATE THE WOMAN. NOTICE, HE NEVER MENTIONED THAT SHE CAME FROM THE DUST OF THE GROUND, BUT, FROM THE INSIDE OF THE MAN THAT WAS FORMED FROM THE DUST OF THE GROUND. HAVE WE EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THIS??? MAYBE THAT IS WHY WOMEN ARE SOFTER THAN MEN, BECAUSE SHE WAS MADE FROM ONE OF MAN'S RIBS WHICH COME FROM THE INSIDE OF HIS BODY AND NOT DIRECTLY FROM THE DUST OF THE GROUND.

SO, THE FIRST WAS TO GIVE US THE ORDER IN WHICH HE CREATED ALL THINGS INCLUDING US. THE SECOND REFERENCE WAS TO GIVE DETAIL INSTRUCTION ON THE SUBSTANCE THAT HE USED IN CREATING MAN, WOMAN AND ANIMALS. SO NO ONE CAN TELL YOU WE EVOLVED FROM MONKEYS****SMILE****, WHICH SCIENTIST DID ANYWAY, BUT, WE KNOW BETTER THAN THAT, HUH??? ONE MORE THING? THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE THAT BELIEVE THERE WAS A FIRST WOMAN CREATED IN CHAPTER 1 AND IN CHAPTER 2 THE ONE THAT WAS MADE FROM THE MAN'S RIB WAS THE SECOND WOMAN, "DON'T BELIEVE THAT" THERE WAS ONLY ONE WOMAN MADE IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN, THAT WAS EVE. SHE WAS NOT INFERIOR NOR SUPERIOR BUT, BEING IN HER PERSONHOOD LIKE AND EQUAL TO ADAM.
SHE(EVE) WAS TO BECOME ONE WHO WOULD BE A PARTNER IN CONTINUING THE GENERATIONS AS WELL AS IN FULFILLING THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF DOMINION ASSIGNED TO MAN BY GOD HIMSELF. ONLY THE WOMAN IS THE HELPER WHO CORRESPONDS TO THE MAN AS A PARTNER TO PROVIDE SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN HE PROVIDES FOR HIMSELF.

BE BLESSED MY FRIEND, AND LET ME KNOW IF THIS INFORMATION HELPED YOU, IF NOT, YOU KNOW HOW TO CONTACT ME.

BE BLESSED IN OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST, WHO I GIVE ALL PRAISE AND GLORY TO FOREVER. AMEN.

YOUR FRIEND AND,
BROTHER-N-CHRIST,
MINISTER LAWRENCE VICTOR*
Blessings to all,
You know it is interesting that I come on this network after a long recess in Scripture Study and encounter this question. What is really odd is that I read this so many times and never thought twice about the inconsistency in the two verses. What makes this extra odd is that just last night I was in Scripture Study and both were brought to my attention.

Initially when my teacher asked me to read the verse, I read Genesis 1:27 and believed it explained my daughter's question on where did Cain's wife come from (Gen. 4:16). I said ah ha... there were other people.... Cain did not marry his sister. "27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."
Although, it is true that Cain did not marry his sister, I received two different teachings on your question. The first was from Pastor Arnold Murray, who has a free teaching unit on this and related topics. If you would like to understand Genesis better, please visit his website.

http://www.shepherdschapel.com/index.cfm

The second teaching is from Prophet Adonai. He is a very special teacher of truths in the bible. He did not endorse my view on there were other people. Instead he went on to explain a very unfamiliar teaching to me, which would have left me totally stunned but Abba prepared me for the teaching. For five months now, I have been desiring to understand Genesis. The same old cliches no longer worked for me. I desperately needed to be taught truths... So Yahweh sent me, Prophet Adonai. Prophet Adonai stated that God created man and woman (them). There names were Adam and Lilith. Lilith was cursed by God for her dominance and refusal to be obedient. God then created Eve from Adam. The story goes much deeper than this. If this does not completely disturb your ruach / spirit, then you can learn more on this story as well. The name Lillith was first brought to my attention last March. I completely dismissed the idea of Adam having a wife before Eve. My sister and I laughed for some time at this idea shared by her husband. However, last night when my new teacher brought this same name to surface, my spirit was open and listened to a very unfamiliar story as we read Gensis 1 and 2. Well, I am sure I am in for much more. It is often said be careful what you pray for but I do not regret my prayer for Wisdom, Truths, Understanding and our Father's understanding and knowledge. What a request? It is hard to believe that I would repeat these learnings so soon.... Not my timing... In Search of Truths, Sister Martha (Eemah Hephzivah).
Thank you all for your attentive gudiance and comments! They are all well taken. I enjoy getting an understanding of scripture form the saints of God. This is what we are supposed to do, encourage, uplift and teach each other! I am so greatful to have so many Christ -like individuals around me. Stay faithful in the knowledge and wisdom of the Master!
God Bless you all!
Evangelist Cookie

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service