For so long I really didn't know that domestic violence was not a part of the relationship. As a young girl, I grew up in a home where domestic violence was present. Loud, abusive words were common. My first love was abusive and as a result I assumed that all my other relationships would be abusive as well. It wasn't until my level of consciousness began to change and I began to seek a deeper love for my existence that I looked up one day and "no one was hitting me." As a person who has dedicated their life to helping others come to the kindness within themselves for themselves, I have counseled many people. 99% of the women that I counsel has been involved with domestic violence in one form or another. I am careful not to ignore the signs of abuse as it may occur in my relating to others to protect myself and I have dedicated my life to assisting those who want help in being free from domestic violence. One of my rules is that there is a no tolerance in this area but I will not pry or pull at someone who is not ready. The fact that someone shares that they are in a DV situation may be the first light that they come to. I have lived to see many who did not make it out - who died as a result of waiting too late.

Thank you for this site. I annually hold a Domestic Violence Conference in Washington, D.C. This year the conference will be held on Saturday, October 27, 2007 from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at 124 15th Street, S.E., Washington, D.C. This year's theme is "Abuse Is Not a Divine Experience - Abandoning Christian Myths to Remain In Abusive Relationships". This is one of my passions. Drugs and domestic violence are cousins so as we continue to work the work of the kingdom, please keep praying and keep us in your prayers.

Visit us at www.nbmujima.com and see some of the work that we are doing. Please pray for us.

Thanks again.

Rev. Wanda D. Cleckley

Views: 7

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service