HOLY INSTRUCTION AND WARNINGS FOR ALL YOUNG MEN
1. Beware, young man, beware of all the allurements of wantonness, and let not the harlot tempt thee to excess in her delights.
2. The madness of desire shall defeat its own pursuits; from the blindness of its rage, thou shalt rush upon destruction.
3. Therefore give not up thy heart to her sweet enticements, neither suffer thy soul to be enslaved by her enchanting delusions
4. The fountain of health which must supply the stream of pleasure, shall quickly be dried up, and every spring of joy shall be exhausted.
5. In the prime of thy life old age shall overtake thee; the sun shall decline in the morning of thy days.
6. But when virtue and modesty enlighten her charms, the luster of a beautiful woman is brighter than the stars of Heaven and the influence of her power it is in vain to resist.
7. The whiteness of her bosom transcendeth the lily; her smile is more delicious than a garden of roses.
8. The innocence of her eyes is like that of the turtle; simplicity and truth dwell in her heart.
9. The kisses of her mouth are sweeter than honey; the perfumes of Arabia breathe from her lips.
10. Shut not thy bosom to the tenderness of love; the purity of its flame shall ennoble thy heart, and soften it to receive the fairest impressions.
You need to be a member of Black Preaching Network to add comments!
Join Black Preaching Network