Text: 2 Kings 6: 24 – 30.
Memory Verse: Psalms 34: 10, ‘The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing’ (NKJV)
God wants us to have more than enough and to live in abundance. And that is why He created everything in abundance (See Genesis 1: 31). A good understanding of lack will enable us to live above it. YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO LIVE IN LACK! To live above lack is having enough to fulfill your God given purpose and having extra to be a blessing
What is lack? How to live above lack? Why lack is dangerous? And what is God’s remedy for living above lack. Lack can be material or non-material. It can be emotional, spiritual or physical. Whatever you may be lacking in your life by the power of God’s Word, receive grace to live above it now in Jesus name.
WHAT IS LACK?
· From the following scripture define lack (Psalms 34: 9, 10; Job 38: 41 and 2 King 6: 24 – 30). Dictionary definition of Lack is not to have something that is needed, Lack is to have too little of something, Lack is a complete absence of a particular thing
· Make mention of certain things which are lacking in your lives. Some of the things which may be lacking are food (Psalms 34: 9, 10), Wisdom (James 1: 5), opportunity (Philippians 4: 10).
Why is lack dangerous? (Point out the dangers of lack from 2 Kings 6: 24 – 30)
1. Lack will turn a man into a killer or murder (Verse 28 – 29)
2. Lack is an enemy of progress (Verse 25)
3. Lack brings tears and sorrows (Verse 26, 30)
4. Lack will turn a man into a bagger or borrower (Proverbs 22: 7)
5. Lack makes people to wander about (Verse 26 & Job 38: 41)
6. Lack turns a pretty lady into a prostitute, a young man into an armed robber, 4.1.9 or etc
7. Lack is a destroyer of purpose (Verse 28 – 29)
8. Lack hinders a lot of great destiny and vision (Verse 28 – 29)
We can live above lack. Another word for lack is want, shortage, insufficiency or absence of something. Anytime God allows the devil to strike with lack, it means He wants to transfer wealth into the hand of His covenant children. No matter what you may be going through, God is a good God and He wants you to live above lack.