I am sharing this from my personal study time. Ever since the outcome of the November elections, I have been reminded of these words. I had not found time to look for the verse associated with these words but my system of study took me there this morning.
Over the past 27 years, since the time when I first tried studying the Bible in earnest, I have often wondered how this great hoax would be carried out. Now I see that it took about that long for the world and this nation to become ripe for the pickin'.
The bible also says that those who belong to God will NOT be unaware of the events predicted on it's pages. Things are going to get ugly, but in many passages, as in this one, there is a word of encouragement for those who do not faint while traveling along the rough road ahead.
(9) The coming [of the lawless one, the antichrist] is through the activity and working of Satan and will be attended by great power and with all sorts of [pretended] miracles and signs and delusive marvels--[all of them] lying
(10) And by unlimited seduction to evil and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing (going to perdition) because they did not welcome the Truth but refused to love it that they might be saved.
(11) Therefore God sends upon them a misleading influence, a working of error and a strong delusion to make them believe what is false,
(12) In order that all may be judged and condemned who did not believe in [who refused to adhere to, trust in, and rely on] the Truth, but [instead] took pleasure in unrighteousness.
(13) But we, brethren beloved by the Lord, ought and are obligated [as those who are in debt] to give thanks always to God for you, because God chose you from the beginning as His firstfruits (first converts) for salvation through the sanctifying work of the [Holy] Spirit and [your] belief in (adherence to, trust in, and reliance on) the Truth.
(14) [It was] to this end that He called you through our Gospel, so that you may obtain and share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
2 Thessalonians 2:9-14 (AMP)
You need to be a member of Black Preaching Network to add comments!
Join Black Preaching Network