1 Corinthians.13.-6 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

ST.John.chapter.15-15.
15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
1 Corinthians.13.-6
13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know this is one of my favourite scripture because to me it demonstrate what I believe is the theme and lesson throughout the new testament that to love is the most precious thing we as followers of Jesus can do. Because when we love our fellow human beings without condition and unreservable we are demontstrating our love for Jesus. The gifts we receive from Christ is nothing but a yoke around our neck if we can't love and give help to others willing and without expectation or murmurings.

When I read 1 Corinthians 13 I can't help but be drawn to Matthew 25:31-46 because it highlight to me even more the importance of ensuring that we don't put anything above loving others and helping others with a true and willing heart.

Anyway I am a new creation in christ so it would be interesting to see where you are leading with this.

God Blesu

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service