As I was sitting here in thought of a discussion the HOLY SPIRIT said talk about what is a reason or reasons to leave a church. I have what I beleive is the only reason one should leave, but I am egar to see how people feel across the country.

Views: 418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can we not do this where we have been planted? why all the moving here and there. For Christ said "when they say lo he is here or there believe it not" Christ also told Peter "upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail" How many times have you seen a rock be moved without someone moving it? Yes the Apostles went about regularly, but always came back home, going about to help is one thing. but continuous moving and setting up is another. H ow can we continue to stay on the battle field and are always running from the battle?
As a man thinketh in his heart so is he.
I acknowledge The Lord in all my ways and I lean not to my own understanding.
All I know is this, Jesus said "I am the True Vine, My Father is the Husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in Me and I in you, as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches; He that abideth in me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered: and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father gloried, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be MY disciples.

This is the gospel that I testify too. I know of no other gospel.

Peace be unto you
As the forum asked for reasons to leave a church, There is no reason unless we are being led by God, God does not make us do anything, we do have a free will. Because iniquity abounds the love of many waxes cold. I have the utmost respect and love for the sisters whose husband is having an affair inside the congregation and she stays and continues to serve with all humility. Too many folks are proud and won't stand for anything. But true humility comes after one has been humiliated. So as you stated God may very well be seperating alot of dead branches. And I have no other Gospel either save that of The Kingdom
Well, Adrian, thank you for the discussion.
Let us be reminded that God wants his children to live in peace.

Loss of peace would be a very good reason to leave a church fellowship.
Fellowship is broken.

Jesus told His disciples, "Where your peace do not abound, shake the dust from your feet."

Humble yourself under the Mighty Hand of God.
Humility comes from obedience to God's Word.
The Peace that Jesus spake of were for those who were on a mission, ie..
the Angels who visited Sodom and Lots house. That was the mission of the twelve who followed the Lord, But when one is caught in the various snares, and troubles of this present day and age , we should undoubtedly have the Peace which surpasseth all understanding. we strive to perfection, yet we are not perfect, He that hath begun a good thing in you shall perform it until the day of Christ Jesus.
The reason alot of folk leave is because of all the perfect folks who say they do all God requires. Time for the real church to stand up and be seen, and not so much heard. Love for God and thy fellowman, as for self leads to peace. Obedience does not come fromthe Word we must be obedient to the word no-matter what.
People need to renew their minds, and not take everything so personnal, But truly the Lord said first if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
And WHOSOEVER shall not receive you, nor HEAR YOUR WORDS, whenye depart out of that house orcity, shake the dust off your feet.
properly contexted, you must first know if the house is worthy, , and then be peaceable yourself, TRU HUMILITY, is to extend first and not to look for the extension..
Make a righteous judgment.
Believe not every spirit, but try the spirit. Our every work and action should be wrought in God. For those running to and fro, take a deep inventory of self, because if we can always find fault, be most assured that often times we are at fault.
One should only leave a church if GOD told them to.
Sometimes, I am reminded how so very grateful to God I am that I am an American citizen with the freedom of religion. Freedom to assemble wheresoever I chose.
Sometimes, I sense the need of some people to control the acts of another.
The Lord is a Lord of liberty, for where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.
Satan is the author of bondage. Righteousness is in a person's relationship to Jesus Christ, the Word of God and His Spirit. Jesus said He would not leave His nor forsake His. That means whatsoever congregation of believers that I chose to meet, I can do so, with the blessing of My Heavenly Father, as long as the relationship to the Heavenly Father is intact.
Yet the liberty that we receive, is the liberty too serve God, and our fellow man regardless of the situation, or who is in-charge. or who is trying too control. While we continue to be about God's business, we must remember that it is God's business.
God bless you my sister
One thing we must never forget is that the physical building is not the church. it is within us that the spirit of the living God dwells within. To answer the question why should a person leave a church ... I can Only think of three main reasons why a person should not leave but find another place of worship ... # 1. -if the Lord says it's your time to leave ... # two-if you are in a place where you're noi being feed. and ...# three- if God done left.... I say this Jokingly
but we must always seek after God where we can find him.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service