As I was sitting here in thought of a discussion the HOLY SPIRIT said talk about what is a reason or reasons to leave a church. I have what I beleive is the only reason one should leave, but I am egar to see how people feel across the country.

Views: 418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fellow Servants,
I want to put this question out, didn't we know the church had issues when we went to them, or did we close our eyes to the truth, because we suffered hurt somewhere else???
Blessings Pastor Santiful,

The church is like a hospital sick people go there expecting to be healed from their sickness, they know that there are others there with sickness, and anyone who has been to the emergency room know how long the wait is just to be seen by a doctor. Yet, in spite of the wait, in spite of all the sickness that is already there. They still go. Why? Because there’s something they need there.
Interesting topic. I had to recently deal with this unfortunately myself so I'll be transparent and let you know why I left.

It started to become about the glitz and glam. Folks who didn' like me be close to and with the man of God. Folks mad about the anointing that I posess. Lies. Mess. Constant hell.

I'm going to step outside of deep christian and JUST BE REAL!!! You should leave the house you chose to worship when you no longer feel comfortable there. Just as if you were at someone else's house. If you didn't feel right being there in their home, you leave! I feel the same way about church. After much prayer, blah blah blah. Bottom line,you won't grow where it's not conducive.
BRANDON

GOD BLESS YOU BROTHER AND I PRAY THAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU ANOTHER PLACE TO WORSHIP.AS A MAN OF GOD I DO FEEL OBLIGATED TO SPEAK WHAT THE LORD GIVES ME TO SPEAK. THE BIBLE SAYS THAT ALL THINGS WORK FOR THE GOOD OF THEM THAT LOVE THE LORD. THAT MEANS THE GOOD STUFF, THE BAD STUFF, AND THE UGLY STUFF NOW YOU SAID SOMETYHING I MUST ADDRESS FIRST; IS THIS THE PLACE YOU CHOSE TO WORSHIP OR IS IT WHERE GOD PLACE YOU. IF THIS IS WHERE GOD PLACE YOU THEN YOU MUST COMPLETE YOUR ASSIGNMENT. ZECH. 13:6. SAYS IF ANYONE ASKS HIM, WHAT ARE THOSE WOUNDS ON IN YOUR HAND, HE WILL ANSWER, THESE WOUNDS I RECEIVED AT THE HOUSE OF MY FRIENDS. (THE ONES WHO YOU TRUSTED AND WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE FOR YOU) AND ALSO THINK ABOUT WHAT JAMES SAYS, COUNT IT ALL JOY WHEN YOU FALL INTO DIVER TEMPTATIONS. KNOWING THAT THE TRYING OF YOUR FAITH PRODUES PATIENCE, BUT LET PATIENCE FINISH HER PERFECT WORK THAT YOU BE MATURE AND COMPLETE, NOT LACKING ANYTHING. LASTLY, WHAT ISAIAH SAYS ABOUT THOSE THAT WAIT ON THE LORD. IF GOD PLACE YOU THERE THAN GOD WILL MOVE YOU (IN GODLY ORDER, WITHOUT CONFUSSION) WHEN YOUR SEASON IS UP. ALSO THINK ABOUT JESUS WHILE YOU'RE READING THIS AND ALL HE HAD TO GO THROUGH.. EVERY TRIAL THAT JESUS WENT THROUGH WAS FOR OUR SAKE. AND EVERY ENEMY (OPPOSITION) THAT HE FACED OPENED THE DOOR TO THE NEXT LEVEL OF THE ASSIGNMENT HE CAME TO FULFILL. BOTTOM LINE WE MUST BE SENSITIVE TO THE SPIRIT OF GOD, FOR UNDERSTANDING WHY IT IS HAPPENING. GOD NEVER SAID THAT THE WEAPONS WOULD NOT FORM AGAINST US, ONLY THAT THEY WOULD NOT PROSPER. GOD WANTS TO USE YOU BROTHER BUT YOU MUST STAND STILL AND ALLOW GOD TO MATURE YOU ESPECIALLLY IN YOUR TRAILS. YOU WILL SEE THAT IF YOU DO THIS- CHANGING CHURCH IS NOT THE OPTION, BECAUSE GOD WILL MAKE YOU THE AGENT OF CHANGE IN THE CHURCH THAT YOUR ARE IN. IN CLOSING MY BROTHER LOVE,LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. LOVE THOSE THAT LIE ON YOU. LOVE THOSE THAT ARE MESSY. LOVE THOSE THAT GIVE YOU CONSTANT HELL.AND WATCH GOD PROMOTE YOU AND BLESS YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR NOW OPERATING IN HIS SPIRIT. AND MORE INPORTANT WATCH THOSE SAME PEOPLE CHANGE BECAUSE OF THE LOVE YOU SHOW THEM INSPITE OF ALL THEY DO OR SAY TO YOU. (MINISTRY)

APOSTLE WYNDER
EMPOWERED TO CHANGE MINISTRIES
empowtochange@netscape.net
Bless you man of God for the word. I agree with all you said, but let me pose this......

Some of y'all are spoiled in y'all good churches! I'm not saying this in a negative way, but to prove a point. Some churches and things need not be prayed about, or waited out! Some of these churches aren't operating under the Holy spirit, and to wit you should go, QUICKLY!!!

Too many of us are at churches for the wrong reasons, and I'm tired of seeing MY people, God's people being bound by religiousity. If God planted you, for a specific time and purpose, then God will move you according to the spirit. But if you're at a church cause Grandma goes there, and it's not working for you, then by all means GET OUT OF THERE!!!

You will not grow in a place that is not where you're suppossed to be! It's like a plant that is suppossed to be in direct sunlight (come on my green thumb people out there!) and you got it sitting in the shade. That plant will not grow! And neither will you if you're sitting in the shade of the enemy instead of in the direct sunlight of God! (Don't make me preach! LOL)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't seek God, but I am saying it might be hard to seek him cause you're looking from the wrong vantage point! You may not be able to see him for all the big hats and loud suits!

Apostle Wynder speaks ever so truely, but he's spoiled! He's the pastor! (LOL No offense Apostle) He's got a good church that God has planted him in, but for those of you who are in churches for the wrong reasons, and staying there to put up with mess that God has no intention of you going through that, then GO!!! GO!!! GO!!! GO!!!
Boy this is a tough issue!
I feel the Lord will let you know when it's time and He speaks to us all through different means. I believe if staying causes you to become bitter and buck the system (pastor) then you beed to leave. It's one thing to disagree, it's another to even be wrong or right, but fighting the pastor, well that's wicked and wrong!

I am against folks just hopping around from church to church like they're trying on shoes! I feel you just oughta get somewhere were you can work and learn!
Blessings

My brother your right this is a tough issue!

I pray that anyone reading this and Wrestling with this issue seek the Lord first.

God Bless
I also think a reason to leave the church is when you can no longer grow in your relationship with God. When there is corruption within the church and false doctrine.
I left my church that I had attended for 18 years. I went to the Pastor and talked to him and his wife. I was told to go and if I did not find what I was seeking that I could always come back home. It was not that I was not being fed where I was I just had a longing for something else. When I went to church, I would cry uncontrollable all through service, I felt something was missing. It was as if my heart was no longer there even though my body was. I wrestled for a while because I did not want to leave. Because that was where I had all of my spiritual training and I had grown in the ministry there. I loved my pastor and his wife as a mother and a father and I still do. When they call, I go. The church I attend now, going in, I told the pastor who I was and where I was from. I told him that I was considering becoming a member there. He had a conversation with my pastor and he released me. I still did not know the reason the Lord had me leave because that was all I knew. After joining the other church, I asked the Lord why I had to leave and I asked him to confirm it that I would know beyond a shadow of doubt why I had to leave. One Sunday in service the prophetic flow was moving through the house and the pastor came to me and said that he had asked the Lord why I was there and the Lord told him that I was there to get more of the prophetic teaching this was exactly what he had spoken in my spirit a few days before. It was a confirmation to my spirit. As a minister and a leader my self, I wanted and had to do things in the right way. I still feel a connection to my former church, ministry and to the pastor however the Lord saw fit to move me where he wanted me to be. When I started attending the other church, I was no longer crying I was released to give him a pure praise. Understanding my calling to the ministry, I had to be in order and talk to my leaders first. There were no hard feeling about me leaving and as I was told by my pastor, I can always come back home. When you leave, if you feel that is what you must do for whatever reason, discuss it with your leaders and leave in the right way! Now, that is my story as to why I left a church.
I think that u should leave a church when God speaks to u. Sometimes God will speak through situations and circumstance that will happen to if u don't leave. You will be an Achan in the camp when u don't leave where God has told you to leave. The annoiting will leave your works and you will struggle in your flesh to do anything. ANother level in your life will take over. You don't let circumstances and situations that are meant to bring u closer to Christ move u from the Body of Christ. God will be calling u to a greater work somewhere else. It's just that u have to be led by God that u may be fed by God on another level. Also, when it it is time for you to God, I pray that men and women of God will let u God without saying are u sure that this is God speaking to u. However, there were times when God has given you an accurate word for the man or women of God and they know that it was from God. Sometimes it hard for them to let God be God in your life. We have to pray that they Let go and let God in your life. I know that they watch for your soul but God is the keeper of your soul. Amen
One thing is a member gets hurt by a church member, a pastor. Then because they didn't get what they really wanted from the church. Maybe they seen their pastor of church leader doing something illegal or something and they blame them and decided to leave because of "situations".
Then there's the "IT'S BORING" theory or they ain't right theory.
That's just my take on all of this.
I don't know all of the answers but these could be some of the stuff churches go through.
There is only ONE reason to leave a ministry.... a call to further ministry. Anything outside of that is just a lousy excuse, to justify ones actions. When one is called to leave a ministry that one is active in, it should be for the furtherance of the Gospel, and it just be done with dignity and respect, taking into consideration the entire body of believers that one has served.

Most use the lame excuse, "I'm not getting fed". That's baloney! Jesus said "If you love me feed my sheep". That is a calling to serving others that accept Jesus Christ and need discipleship. It is one of the most selfish reasons, and shows spiritual immaturity, and a lazy attitude to the work of the ministry. it is an insult to the entire church as a whole, because at the end of the day, the person is actually saying, "If I ain't getting nothing, forget you".

All the other, very self centered excuses which have been represented on this blog, are ridiculous to say the least. When all hell was breaking out in a persons life, they walked into the lives of loving people who nurtured them to spiritual health. Now, that they "got it together" and allegedly "outgrown" the very church that was there when they needed Christ the most..."Ain't spiritual, annointed, holy, and righteous enough". In other words... "I've sucked you dry, and ya'll ain't crap".

Leaving because of a pastor's indiscretions is not an excuse to leave a church either. Galatians 6 states "Ye who are spiritual restore such a one in the spirit of meekness". Restoration could never happen and the word would not be fulfilled...if everyone keeps jumping from church to church. It makes the word a lie... through church folks!

There is a lack of commitment, dedication, and discipleship. People are shopping for goods and services, instead of moving up the ladder to providing the services that others could enjoy. This is why churches don't grow spiritually or numerically. They want all of the attention, but are not willing to serve.

Take the mic away, and give them a broom.... Lets see what they are really made of!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service