1 Thes. 5:11
In this series, we're going to study on how to build a person up when they are torn down or have a torn down character.
There are ways to ENCOURAGE, PRAISE, and BUILD UP one another. Even in times when you don't even feel like it.

I. ENCOURAGEMENT/ENCOURAGE
Paul's letter to the Thessalonians he told them, "Therefore comfort (ENCOURAGE) each other and edify one another, just as you also doing" (KJV)
Another interrepation in the New Living Translation (NLT): "So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing"
The New International Version puts it this way,"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up as in fact you are doing."( NIV)
The bottom line is anyway you slice it we as believers should encourage one another speaking wholesomely.

II.ENCOURAGE NOT TEAR DOWN
Paul in his letter to the Thessalonians, he set a word to them , "encourge each other and build each other up..."
An encouraging word can :
a) gives a person hope. That goes without saying from Heb.11:1: "What is faith It is the confident assurance that we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see." Even in the darkest hour, a light in the darkest part of the their lives through an encouraging word that is said to one another.
b) an encourgaing word gives comfort. Job 16:15 says, "But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief" (NIV).
Encouragement isone of God's most joyous art forms. He supplies us with the raw materials and invites us to create,build and shape his hope in the lives of those around us.
Some people combine a helping hand with a word of praise and produce a grateful heart. Others, by mixing laughter and love,are able to paint a new sparkle in dulling eyes. Belief and support build self-esteem. Persisent prayer composes a song of hope, and tenderness and warm embraces fashion a friend.
However, we combine the elements of encouragement, one thing we're sure to create a joy-for others, for oursleves and for our Lord. (2 Cor. 1:24). This is called the Art of the Heart.

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service