This is going to be a very har subject for some. The basis of this conversation is based on discovery of popular preachers across the TV that call themselves women and men of God.

Jesus taught in the scriptures that when a man or woman is married, except for fornication, or death they cannot remarry as long as the spouse is still alive. Paul, along with Jesus, goes on to say that if that person remarries while the spouse is still alive, is an adultery and is in a continued state of adultery as long as they remain married. Many professed Christians, such as Randy and Paula White, we in such a condition, yet they are before people trying to tell others of the Love of Christ. This is wrong on so many levels until it is ridiculus. It violates the word of God on so many degrees until the devil is getting such a big laugh in deceiving people. How can a man or woman that has been divorced and remarried, calling themselves Christians, preach or teach others about the Love of God, when their lives do not demonstrate it? How can a man or woman preach or teach about thous shall not commit adultery when they are in an adulterous relationship after being divorced and remarried? Christ did not leave room in his word for a man to divorce his wife and remarry another while she is still alive. How can u call yourself a Christian, when u are in disobedience to God's word?

Views: 563

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not only are they commiting adultery, but JESUS does teach us that (WHOSOEVER SHALL MARRY HER THAT IS DIVORCED COMMITTETH ADULTERY. So the whole of the matter is that we should keep ourselves out of harms way. And it's easy for us to look at the White's and the Bynum's but one actually only need to look inside of there own surroundings, look at the deacons, preachers, lay people and the young folk. There is enough there to look at and see, and pray for that one does not have too worry about those that they have only read and seen. Then again let us first take inventory if ourselves, for the BIBLE says ( Work out your own soul salvation, with fear and trembling.)
PEOPLE ARE QUICK TO CAST STONES WHEN IT COMES TO OTHER PEOPLES MARRITAL PROBLEMS. TRUE, NO RELATIONSHIP IS PERFECT AND GOD DOES USE IMPERFECT PEOPLE. KING DAVID COMMITTED ADULTRY WITH SO MANY WOMEN DURING HIS REIGN (OUTSIDE OF HIS MARRIAGES), BUT GOD CALLED HIM A MAN AFTER HIS OWN HEART. IF COULD CONTINUALLY BLESS KING DAVID IN HIS MESS; HE CAN BLESS PAULA WHITE IF HE CHOOSES. NO ONE KNOWS THE SPECIFICS OF THEIR BREAK-UP AND IT'S PROBABLY NONE OF BUSINESS. WHO KNOW WHAT SHE/HE ENDURED. WE DON'T!. I HAVE FAILED TO RISE TO THE OCCASION MANY TIMES AND GOD STILL USES ME AS HE PLEASES. NON OF US ARE WITHOUT FAULTS. IF GOD WERE TO DO INVENTORY ON OUR LIVES; HOW MANY OF US WOULD BE ABLE TO PASS BY HIS STANDARDS? NOT ME. I'M STILL ON THE POTTERS WHEEL BEING BROKEN AND MOLDED DAILY AND IT'S PAINFUL AT TIMES. LET GOD DO THE JUDGING AND LET US OBEY HIM.
Great analogy!!!! that is truth...
"How can you call yourself Christian, when u are in disobedience to God's word?" Who among us is without sin? I am not writing this to condone or condemn or criticize. I am writing for clarity. It is the word that God puts in the spirit, heart, mind and mouth of man that is pure, not the vessel. I would venture so far as to say none of us are worthy in deed. We are made worthy and acceptable by Christ. Who are we to condemn that that He says is acceptable for service or use? Are we the Potter? The Word of God cannot be hindered by the vessel it is in because God's word will not return unto Him void but will accomplish all that it is set out to accomplish. The word cleans both the vessel and those that the word are poured out upon. God can make a minister, preacher or evangelist out of any material and who is to say when God's work is done?"
Are we enforcers of God's word or are we to share God's word? Are we not to share and to practice love? What does that mean? What does it mean when it says that love conquers all? What sins disqualify you from the call of God? What would Jesus do? What did he "do" to the Samaritan woman who had many husbands-did he condemn her or was she ultimately given access to heaven? Did she not spread the Good News herself? Why was she not disqualified? We are instructed to focus on those things that are good and just and pure. I suggest we do so.
I think we are missing the point, At some point in all of our lives we need to lay aside the weights that so easily trip us up. On that day I bekieve the Samaritan woman stopped looking for a husband, On another day Saul/Paul stopped persecuting the Church. We all must come to a point of change. But God cannot use us while we are yet in our sins. Remember how Jesus said it is going to be on the day of Judgement. Alot of people are doing things in his name, and yes the His Word shall not return to him void, And at the same time he shall say to some depart from me you worker of iniquity!!!
The word of God is already enforced. The consequences of sin is already given. In sharing the word of God, we share all of it. Not just the warm and fuzzy parts. The bible says the wages of sin is death, but the gift of god is eternal life. We give both. If u do not warn the people of their sins, God will destroy u, O Preacher!

Thanks Kenon
Judge not lest ye be judged. it is quite easy to go about and condemn people for their sins. but we as fOllowers of the Most High, must not be so quick as to tell others that they are going to hell, for what ever reason their might be. Yes, Heaven and Hell are real. But as we go about our daily business, let us be sure to have our feet shod with the gospel of the preparation of peace. Condemning people to hell, is not for any man/woman. for we shall all face judgement, at that time the books shall be open, one for judgement (to give an account of all that is written therein), the other if your/my name is not found written in the Lambs Book of Life Then shall Hell be the reality. 1st JOHN 1:8 ( IF WE SAY WE HAVE NO SIN, WE DECEIVE OURSELVES, AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN US.
VERSE 9: IF WE CONFESS OUR SINS, HE IS FAITHFUL AND JUST TO FORGIVE US OUR SINS,AND TO CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.
VERSE 10; IF WE SAY THAT WE HAVE NOT SINNED, WE MAKE HIM A LIAR, AND HIS WORD IS NOT IN US.
IS THAT WARNING ENOUGH FOR YOU.
THANKS ADRIAN
U might want to wake and see what Jesus has said. Hell is going to be full of people that said "I thought u meant, and nobody told me." Why is it when the word of God is re echoed and said aloud, we the first to say, who is to judge or critize? Why do we ignore the word of God thinking we are going to heaven anyway? Please give me a break? Christians are to be without sin. The blood of Jesus cleanses from all inquity and all sin! It is only by his blood do we overcome sin and the devil. the bible says depart from inquity and do what is right. We do we always want to condone and pacify sin? Jesus has come to save us from sin, not for us to continue in sin. does the bible says make no provisions for the flesh? Does not Jesus teach on the subject of marriage and divorce? Are we bound as the men of God in truth not to proclaim what Jesus has already said and is written? I am going to say like Jesus has said, Satan, get thee, behind me, and in another gospel it says, Satan, get thee hence. If u cant stand on the word of God that is already written and outlined for the today saint, where do/can we stand? Jesus cleanses and keeps those that are his from all sin and unrighteousness. People, stop playing the "who's to judge card". Jesus has already said in his word, for those that believe it, that a good tree does not bare corrupt fruit, neither does a corrupt tree bare good fruit. what kind of tree are u?

Thanks Kenon
When I became married 15 years ago, I do remember the word being, "What God has joined together, let No man put asunder." Show where the man or woman of God should have anything to do or say about someone's marriage. When in reality the so-called men and women of God are more corrupt than the world. And I would like to say, That the Bible says "He could not find one righteous, No not one. All of these perfect people need to stop being self-righteous. and Know who and what they were and are called too.
Matthew 7;1-5
Judge not,that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. and why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brothers eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou HYPOCRITE, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
And if the vessel is not clean, God cannot and wil not use it. Have we ever heard of SANCTIFICATION, and PURITY, at the Heart of the matter is the Heart. Therefore the Heart and it's actions, and words must be sincere and pure, clean if you will. ( THE POTTER'S WHEEL IS FIRST CLEANSED BEFORE IT IS USED, HOPEFULLY, WE ARE SUBMISSIVE IN ORDER TO BE CLEANSED IN-ORDER TO BE USED) Would you eat or drink from a dirty vessel? wuold you live in a dirty house? And we have been instructed that no tree can bear fruit of it's own.
And the fruit of the Spirit it is Love, joy, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance, against such there is no law. And they that have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the spirit, let us also walk in the spitit.
Bro Kenon,
Man you picked a topic for the ages. I am a divorced man of GOD and I'm remarried to a woman of GOD. I have studied and prayed about this issue before I reentered into my present maritial covenant, meaning; asking for HIS divine forgiveness, restoration and healing so that I could forgive myself for feeling like a failure and have me stand in the face of persecution. If you refer to the Book of Ezra 10, you'll see GOD had the children of Israel to put away (divorce) their wives and their children because of them operating in disobiedience (which was my case) and the only way to apease GOD was to divorce. I just praise HIM that divorce is "not" the unforgivable sin (whew) or else I would be a cooked duck. ROM 8:1 and PHL 3:12-14. This is truly an awesome topic that needs to be rightly divided. Love ya man and GOD bless you.
May we speak frankly? I am only refering to those that have been filled with the Holy Ghost and professing to be a Christian. If that be u, lets talk about what the bible says, since u are a preacher. May I ask how and when where u baptized in Jesus name and filled with the Holy Ghost?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service