There are many teachers and doctrines that are of the Christian faith. It is very difficult to discern if the person is doing the sermon for money (profit) or if they are really speaking what thus saith the Lord. Can one trust a collar and who is ordanining these preachers who are now multi-millionaires. Is it wrong to be a preacher that lives in a mansion with a Bentley that flies a Jet?
2 Corinthians 11:3-
But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Views: 458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AMEN; I second the motion.either we all sink or we all swim what ever we do we will do it together!!!!
The bullock works long and hard and has but straw to eat.
The lion labors not in the field, yet he desires meat.
And so, the bullock becomes the loin's prey.
But it shall not always be this way.
Men labor to build a castle for the king to stead;
And when the laborer's strength is gone, there is no place to lay his head.
Shall a man plant a vineyard and have no fruit to eat?
Shall a man build a house and have no place to sleep?
No, let the dust be the serpent's meat!
And let the produce of a man's toil be sweet!
Let no animal prey upon another;
But let all sit down together as one does with a brother.
Let us stand in awe
As lion and bullock both eat straw.

Posted by Doris Trueheart on doristrueheart.blogspot.com on January 7, 2009 at 4:16
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned; AND IN THEIR GREED they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

2 Peter 2:1-3

JMHO...

(jes my humble opinion)

At an all-u-can-eat when you eat more than what you can eat or take more than what you know you can eat……

When you have more than what you need or take more than what you need……

YOU ARE BEING GREEDY!!!!

15-16 So Moses told them, "It's the bread God has given you to eat. And these are God's instructions: 'Gather enough for each person, about two quarts per person; gather enough for everyone in your tent.'"

17-18 The People of Israel went to work and started gathering, some more, some less, but when they measured out what they had gathered, those who gathered more had no extra and those who gathered less weren't short—each person had gathered as much as was needed

MORE THAN WHAT YOU NEED IS GREED!
WOW,,you hit it my sister LOL
For that reason the apostles assigned the collection and REDISTRIBUTION of the church's income to godly men. The church has long forgotten redistribution and no matter how much wealth is taken in, his storehouse remains EMPTY. The problem is that many leaders are deceived by the abundance that comes from the hands of those believing that they are in fact giving to God and to his kingdom expansion and not for the expansion or upbuilding of a single minister's dynasty. Prosperity is one of the greatest trials a man can endure. In times of adversity, we seek God. In times of prosperity, we tend to FORGET God. This is the fate of a lot of prosperous ministries, they begin well but end up in SELF-gratification. We must learn to serve God whether we are abased or whether we abound.
I am a believer in character and integrity.

One thing that we must understand is that God has purpose for everything in the earth. If we understand the purpose of a thing we will not abuse it. While I may agree that you have some men and women of God who abuses the Word of God for profit, we cannot have blanket ideology.

This means do not think that God doesn't want us doing well, because of those who do wrong. I am a Senior Pastor, who God has taken care of quite well over the years, but I understood the purpose for a thing. Whenever the ministry that we pastor needed something we were able to take care of the short fall or financial lack. Wealth has also afforded us the opportunity to reach out and spread the gospel to the nations via media, keep people in homes and pay for funerals etc...

I'm not trying to lay it on, but in the most humble way I love God more than I love money, but I still have money. My motto to every believer is this "Keep your heart right towards God", and you will never love possessions more than you love him.

In my opinion, money is just a tool I used to worship and serve HIM for the greater good.

Remember "to whom much is given, much is required"
the Bible also say FREELY YOU RECEIVE,FREELY, YOU SHALL GIVE ,,can we worship without the money?you have people who wont go to church because they think that the pastors are going to stick it to them for the money..I love the part that you said keep your heart right before GOD,,that is where the shift came ,,some leaders was happy with what they had until they seen what someone else has,and now Brother down here in the DC area at first Preachers had the Caddy,then the benz,then the Jag,,now it is the BENTLY or Nothing..Now who is paying for this? the members then when a need where is the church..you said alot with ABUSE THE WORD OF GOD FOR PROPHET
"Whenever the ministry that we pastor needed something we were able to take care of the short fall or financial lack. Wealth has also afforded us the opportunity to reach out and spread the gospel to the nations via media, keep people in homes and pay for funerals etc..." I'm sorry, this is where I disagree. I believe that the majority of the wealth should be in a bank account of the ministry and not in the pastor's own personal account. A need should be able to be met by going to the ministry's account. If a member has to go the pastor to seek assistance, then the money is not being properly distributed. If the ministry has to seek aid from the pastor then God's money has NOT been properly distributed. The pastor is a servant. He is a member of the body as every other member of thre body. He is NOT the church, neither is he the ministry. Look and see where your treasure lies, for there you will discover where your heart lies as well. Is the bank account of the ministry empty and the pastor's account full? What god is being served?
Pastor Reid....now that's a word. (((clapping)))

I don't blame the lambs for allowing themselves to become prey. The people come to the "minister of God" to receive a word from God. The people are decieved by a wolf in sheep's clothing. There are false apostles, false prophets, false evangelists, false pastors and false teachers among us. The people are brainwashed into believing that by their giving they are being blessed by God or that they are building a storehouse in heaven by building the wealth of a single minster of the "gospel." There is no difference between how these "men of God" lord over the people and how a man uses physical or verbal or emotional abuse to control his wife and family. Yes, there needs to be a wake up call. The true shepherds of the Lord's flock need to awake and beat the wolves out of the flock. Attend well to God's lambs.
Rom 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Christ, but their own belly; and by their smooth and fair speech they beguile the hearts of the innocent.
Php 3:18 For many walk, of whom I told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
Php 3:19 whose end is perdition, whose god is the belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.

1Ti 3:2 The bishop therefore must be without reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, orderly, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1Ti 3:3 no brawler, no striker; but gentle, not contentious, no lover of money;
It is very obvious from the New Testament that there is NO SUCH THING as a 'Prosperity' gospel. In fact, it is the exact OPPOSITE. Jesus said, "Blessed are you who are POOR, for yours is the kingdom of God" (Lk 6:20). And James declared: "Has not God chosen those who are POOR in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?" (Ja 2:5, NIV). Jesus clearly stated that you "CANNOT serve God and Mammon" (Mt 6:24) and yet it is obvious that many Christians today are trying to serve BOTH. The 'Prosperity' teaching clearly encourages this. It is a very dangerous and harmful fallacy.

So does God want to bless His children or not? Of course He does! But He wants to bless us so that we can GIVE MORE AWAY - NOT so that we can hoard more luxuries to ourselves. How can it be right for some Christians to be wealthy and rolling in money and possessions, while just down the street there are Christians who barely have enough to eat? And what about our needy brothers and sisters overseas?

There is a prophecy about the coming move of God that one thing it will be built on is "Extravagant giving to the poor." I truly believe this. I am convinced that it is something that is very high on God's agenda.

It is important that I make a few comments about the 'Seed-Faith' teaching here, because so many TV preachers use it to pressure people to give to their ministry. What it amounts to is a "Give-to-Get" doctrine that blatantly twists Scripture.

When a preacher says something like, "Sow a seed of $100 into my ministry today, and God will give you back 100-fold," then they are operating out of this "Seed-Faith" doctrine. What they are really saying is, "Give to get". The motivation for giving is not so much to bless that ministry, but to GET SOMETHING BACK from God. The motivation is all twisted. Do they really expect God to "bless" something so wrong-hearted?

But the TV preachers love this doctrine, because it enables them to gather huge sums of money. And surprisingly, studies have shown that it is the poor and needy who give most often to these TV preachers. Why is this? -Because these people often feel that only a financial "miracle" can save them. It is not uncommon for desperate Christians to give and give, well beyond their means, in the hope that God will rescue them. Some will even lose their homes. And the elderly and the sick often give sacrificially in the hope of some kind of improvement.

Many preachers are fully aware of the kind of people they are exploiting. How sick it all is. As Jesus said in Mt 23:14, ?Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses.? I shudder to think of the fate that awaits some of these preachers on Judgement Day.

Much of the reasoning behind this "Seed-Faith" teaching is a distortion of 'Sowing and Reaping', which is a biblical concept. But when it is distorted by preachers and sold as a means of "Giving to get" then it has gone well beyond the Scriptures. The purity of simply "giving from the heart" is lost and replaced with selfish motives. People give because the preacher "guarantees" they will get a 'big return' on their investment! The motivation is so wrong that it is no wonder that this doctrine has produced disastrous fruit in the church. It is one of the sickest things around.

So next time you hear a preacher using this kind of manipulation to get you to give him $100, make sure you rebuke the deception in the name of Jesus, and turn the television off!

We would all be far better off giving to the poor.

In His Grip

Scott

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service