There are many teachers and doctrines that are of the Christian faith. It is very difficult to discern if the person is doing the sermon for money (profit) or if they are really speaking what thus saith the Lord. Can one trust a collar and who is ordanining these preachers who are now multi-millionaires. Is it wrong to be a preacher that lives in a mansion with a Bentley that flies a Jet?
2 Corinthians 11:3-
But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Views: 458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my this is a great discussion. I personally don't have a problem with pastors driving a nice car and living in a big house. As long as they not eating and their congregation is starving. Dont automatically assume that poverty=godliness and wealth=ungodliness. I treat everybody on a case by case basis. They are churches doing it right. At the church i attend, the pastor sows back into the church, thousands of dollars go out each week in evangelism outreaches each week, we send groups of missionairies several times a year. The people who go, all there expenses are paid to go, also any of their bills at home. Today at church a group just came back and from Kenya, and our pastor told us a story that the kids there asked him were there any black people in America because all the missionaries they have seen are white. The kids were amazed that this was a black church coming to help them. I'm pro wealthy churches. Yes my pastor lives nicely but so does majority of the members and we not sitting on the money but its all going back to the community and to spread the gospel. So don't think that there aren't any churches doing the right thing.
I believe there are alot of well intentioned pastors who have got caught up in feeling like they are entitled to live a certain way just because they are a preacher. It seems to me like they are just keeping up with each other, like so and so has this so i need to have it. It seems to be this clique and in order to get in this club you need to have certain things. I'm really not for all the lavishness that i have heard of, like solid gold toliets and such. And its not hate but i dont care how holy or godly you think you are, having all that stuff would make it very hard to stay humble. The more stuff you accumulate the harder it will be. And if you not humble, you are prideful and leading to a road of destruction.
This is EXACTLY why "the WEALTH of the wicked is laid up for the righteous"! This is EXACTLY why GOD takes pleasure in the prosperity of HIS people. How on Earth do you think that you are going to preach the Gospel to the unreached souls within preaching a prosperity Gospel and using mega money??? To say Prosperity Gospel actually is redundant, because the Gospel INCLUDES Prosperity within it! Watch this oh doubters:

Mark 10:29-30 "And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, but he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life."

The words of JESUS said that prosperity will follow those who sacrifice for the Gospel IN THIS LIFE TIME, and in the world to come.

Matthew 11:5 "The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them."

JESUS met the needs of the people: if they were blind, then He gave them sight. If they were sick, then He gave them good health. Now if they were poor what curse the curse of poverty? The Gospel!! The Gospel teaches you:

-by His stripes you are healed, so you are free to live healed
-you are no longer a sinner but a saint, so you are free to so live like a saint
-you are no longer a bastard but a son so you are free to feel loved
-you are no longer a slave but a king, so you are free to live devoid of poverty and free to rule
-you are a son of GOD so you now have an inheritance

Let the weak say I am strong; let the poor say I am rich." Why is that the weak can still say that "I am strong", but the poor can no longer say "I am rich"?
If you don't work then you don't eat!!! If (and they are) a Preacher is doing the work of winning souls for the Lord why shouldn't he get paid? That is how he eats! If in the process of doing that work God sees fit to prosper him then he should be prosperous! That being said, He shouldn't live like a King at the expense of his people living like vagabonds! He should find a way to prosper them as well! They are his flock! Sheep depend on their Shepherd to take care of them, protect them and multiply their well being Mentally, Physically and Spiritually! The people should want to see their Minister prosper but he should also desire the same for them! A King is subjected to the well being of his people! If the people are only there to serve him then he is a Dictator or Tyrant and just like Pharaoh he should fall!
iam glad to join your group thank you evangelist pastor susie houston
iam bless to join your group thank you evangelist pastor susie houston

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service