Deuteronomy 22:5- "A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the Lord your God."(New King James Version)

Most of the Apostolic Faith churches use this scripture to defend the argument that women are not supposed to wear pants. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against the Apostolic Faith people because they're my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. I just disagree with some parts of their doctrine.

Deuteronomy 22:5 doesn't necessarily mean that a woman is not supposed to wear pants. This scripture talks about cross-dressing and transvestism. Yes, there are people who would dress to try to be the member of the opposite sex and live as a member of the opposite sex. What this scripture meant is that transvestism and cross-dressing are sins. Also for you guys, don't dress like Dennis Rodman.

It's nothing wrong with women wearing pants as long as they don't wear the pants to try to be men nor try to look like stereotypical lesbians (lesbians playing the butch role). Remember, women will never be men no matter how they try. There are some of the pants that pertains to women including hip huggers, flares, capris, and clamdiggers. Yes, it's possible for a man to wear pants to play the role of a woman because he would wear hip huggers.

Another note, just because a woman wears pants that doesn't mean that she's not holy. Holiness is not about what you wear, it's about your heart. It's possible for a person to look holy and not be holy at the same time. It's not what you wear, it's how your wear. Bottom line: Dress in modesty. You don't have to look old fashioned and plain.

I hope this message and clarification would be a help and blessing to you. Feel free to respond to me and repost this bulletin as "Clarification of Deuteronomy 22:5".

Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Be blessed my sister

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service