Are we suppose to choose the objective as what we feel it should be? Do we get caught up in what's happening all around us and think we can change it or make it better? Do we feel what Jesus said in Matt 28:18 -20 is old fashioned and doesn't apply today because times are different as though Jesus didn't know then what was going to be now? Do we think we're going to make a difference in this world and make it a better place to live? Are all these things just human emotions, hope, human logic and wishing!

Aren't we just suppose to reach out and touch the unsaved with the Word and let the Word do Its thing? We can't do it! That's the Holy Spirit's doings and ours is just to bring the unsaved to the Holy Spirit and get out of the way not get in the way. Then for the believers we need fellowship and edification to keep us on track. Help me out Sister Gadsden, Brothers West and Harris!

Sometimes I feel when I see and hear some of these ministers on the tube they're taking the glory as though THEY did something and will change everything and make the world a better place. Come on and change my opinions and clear it up if you can. I see a whole lot of swollen heads and chests stuck out and that aura of nobility.

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for this Brother Luckett! I feel as you do about the Word and love how your put it. God bless you.
Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and instruction given by Jesus to His disciples. Second, it's a special calling from Jesus Christ to all His followers to take specific action while on this earth.

The Great Commission - A Personal Instruction and A Personal Calling
In the Great Commission, Jesus calls every Christian to step out in faith and spread the Good News. This is faith in action! People who obey this command change their spiritual lives forever! It could be spreading the Good News to a neighbor or moving to another country to reach the people there. It could be sharing with less fortunate kids down the street or spreading the Word in a town two hours away. Wherever we go, every faithful Christian is compelled through obedience to share the Gospel.

We should ask ourselves these questions?
1. If you're a believer in Jesus Christ, where has He called you to go?
2. Who has God put on your heart to share the gift of salvation?
3. What small or large steps can you take, with the knowledge that Christ will be by your side, "to make disciples of all the nations"?
As always Sister Gadsden, thank you and God Bless.
The Objective of Christians, which my favorite bible scholar, N.T Wright would agree, is to make the kingdom of God a reality. Showing love care for the earth, and for people. Presenting the kingdom of God in our occupations, family life, hobbies, etc. Jesus said the kingdom of God will not be like,"There it is", but it is within us.

Our main mission is to establish God's kingdom on earth, and letting Jesus reign in our lives!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service