THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM VS. THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD

Very few MInisters are aware that Jesus during his earthly ministry ( Matthew 4:17 ), John the Baptist ( Matthew 3:2 ), and the Twelve Apostles/Disciples ( Matthew 10:6 ) preached the Gospel of the Kingdom - - which was not for us Gentiles ( Matthew 10:5 ). The Gospel of the Grace of God was given first to the Apostle Paul ( Gal 1:11-12 / Ephesians 3:1-5 ). I believe that the ignorance of the difference and the apathy about the "mystery" Paul preached is due to Ministers not Rightly dividing the word of truth. What do you think?

Views: 76

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You are very thorough my brother . . .I hope that is an indication of a burning desire to learn and not a closed mind. The Gospel that we are to believe is found in 1 Cor 15:1-4. Until Paul, this Gospel ( Good News ) was not revealed. The Jews were told that the King would come . . i.e. the Messiah. In Matthew 15:24 Jesus clearly said that he was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Ephesians 2:12-13 clearly says that we were strangers from the covenants of promise ( The Law, etc. ), aliens from the commonwealth of Israel but are made nigh by the blood of Jesus. In Acts 15 and Galatians 2, the 12 agreed to go to the circumcision and Paul to the Gentiles. The 12 had no idea about the Gospel of Grace because it was a "mystery" until God revealed it to the Apostle Paul. Israel's hope has always been earthly - - - but the body of Christ's hope is in the Heavenlies. Why do you think that Peter was reluctant to go to Cornelius' house? He was still years after pentecost a good law keeping Jew. Why do you think in the 3rd chapter of Acts he and John were on their way to the Temple at the hour of prayer? They were still law keeping Jews. Why do you think that in Luke 18:323-34 the disciples didn't' understand the death burial and resurrection? Because it was hid from them, and only revealed to Paul 1 Cor 3:9-10 the wise masterbuilder ( in the greek the architect of the building ). You can only find the gospel of our salvation in Paul's letters to the gentiles - Romans through Philemon. The whole bible is for us, but it is evident that it is not all to us. There is a difference in the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven. Romans 15:8 says that Jesus was a minister of the circumcision to confirm the promises made to the fathers. You are obviously more than the casual bible reader - do like the Bereans - search the scriptures to see if there may be something to what I am attempting to share with you. To believe that everyone since Adam has had the same gospel is a stretch. Do you think Adam or Moses or even David believed on the death, burial, and resurrection for their salvation? God's revelation is progressive. To anticipate revelation simply because of what we know today causes flawed theology.
My brother HAVE YOU STUDIED Matthew 8:5-13, nor Mark 7:26, the ministry that our Lord and Savior preached and taught, most of all demonstrated. May have not been for the gentiles, but as the SyroPhenician woman proclaimed "Yes, LORD yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs." JESUS himself said in Matthew 24:14 and this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the WORLD for a witness unto all nNATIONS; then shall the end come. And I do know that the whole of the word of GOD is for all. Great or Small whatever is being preached must add up to CHRIST born crcified and ressurected, or it is all for naught. Please be careful when speaking the truth, as Paul told Timothy we should all "STUDY TO SHOW THYSELF APPROVED UNTO GOD, A WORKMAN THAT NEEDETH NOT BE ASHAMED, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH. So whether it be the GOSPEL of THE KINGDOM or an EPISTLE whatever is being preached taught etc... should be about TH KINGDOM(JESUS CHRIST) and if not then set it for the dung-hill. for as Paul himself said "IF ANOTHER COME WITH A DIFFERENT GOSPEL THAN THAT OF JESUS CHRIST LET HIM BE ACCURSED" WHAT DO YOU THINK? OH AND I HAVE NEVER READ OF THEOLOGY IN THE WORD. AS A MATTER OF TRUTH. COLOSSIANS 2:8 BEWARE LEST ANY MAN SPOIL YOU THROUGH PHILOSOPHY AND VAIN DECEIT, AFTER THE TRADITION OF MEN, AFTER THE RUDIMENTS OF THE WORLD, AND NOT AFTER CHRIST. ALL MOF THE SCHOOLS OF KNOWLEGE AND THEOLOGY ARE VANITIES TO BROADEN ONE'S PHILACTERIES.
MINISTER WEST07
Thank you for your reply. Its hard to be in a discussion by myself (smiles). Yes I have studied Matthew 8 . . .in fact the first verses in the chapter 8 of Matthew deal with Jesus healing a leper. He tells the leper (v 4 ) to go an offer the gift that Moses commanded. If a person was healed today under your ministry, would you tell him to go and offer a gift to Moses? Of course not. The centurion's servant . . . was he Jewish? I don't know. I do know that Jesus forbade his disciples to preach the gospel of the kingdom of heaven ( Matthew Chapter 10 ) to anyone but Israel. The woman of Canaan received her request when she took her rightful place. . . that of a dog . . . because that was her place under the law. She was a stranger from the covenants of promise, without God, an alien from the commonwealth of Israel ( Ephesians 2-12,13 ). The 24th chapter of Matthew pertains to the tribulation - i.e. Daniels 70th week - Jacobs trouble. It does not pertain to this present time. If you think the "whole of the word of God is for all " - do you trim your beard - do you keep the sabath ( Saturday ) - or the other 611 commands of Moses law? Paul says that the Law ( 2 Cor 3:6-11 was a ministry of death and condemnation ) and has been done away with. The law made nothing perfect. In the discussion where the lady wrote from Ezekiel concerning pastors, its funny that neither of you commented on the fact that God specifically said the shepherds of "Israel". The rest of your response did not make a point but rather sought to dominate - i.e. the capital letters. Oh by the way . . . Theology is the study of God. It comes from the greek word for God, Theos. I enjoy lively discussion, but not rhetoric. Please stick to making scriptural references. I don't know you and neither do you know me - - therefore assumptions about character or study habits should be postponed until more information is obtained.
Thank you for your thorough theological pinpointing of my reply yo your discussion. Maybe you can be so kind as to tell where the Law called people DOGS. Joshua the 2nd chapter speaks of Rahab the harlot (was she of the children of Israel?) 2nd Kings the 5th chapter speaks of Naaman (was he of the children of Israel?) yet The God of Israel blessed both. King Solomon prayed as recorded in 1st. kings the 8th chapter 41st verse (moreover concerning a stranger, that is not of thy people Israel, but cometh out of a far country for thy name's sake; 42nd for they shall hear of thy great name, and of thy and of thy stretched out arm; when HE shall come and pray toward this house; 43rd hear thou in heaven thy dwellingplace, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for: that all people of the earth may know thy name, to fear thee, as do thy people israel; that they may know that this house, which i have builded, is called by thy name.
The LORD affirmed in Luke 4:27- And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the Prophet; and NONE of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the SYRIAN.
John 12:21-24; And there were certain GREEKS among them that came up to worship at the feast: The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying sir, we would see JESUS. Philip cometh and telleth Andrew : and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus. And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of Man should be glorified. 24- Verily , verily, i say unto you, except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
Is Jacob troubled at this present time; you see the disciples in the third verse of Matthew 24 are recorded ( And as he sat upon the Mt. of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately saying, Tell us, when these things should be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the END OF THE WORLD.
John 3:16 For God so loved the World, that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.17 For God sent not his son into the world to condmemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
hopefuly and prayerfuly Theos has taught you this. and my use of capital letters are not meant to dominate, and your reply had something to say about another young lady whose discussion i commented . evidently neither one of us needed to emphasize the shepherds of Israel; by you bringing that into the discussion proves without a shadow of a doubt that the word speaks to whom it is meant(smiles). HOPE THIS RHETORIC IS LIVELY ENOUGH FOR YOU! Also the Apostle says in 1st Corinthians 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
MINISTER ADRIAN LAMAR WEST Sr.
Matthew 15:26 is where the law classified anyone but Israel as dogs. The law is a ministration of condemnation and death ( 2 Cor 6-9). I understand now that you are not interested in what I share but rather only to prove me wrong. I think I've had enough. I will be content with leaving you as I found you.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service