Black Preaching Network's own Pastor Anthony Brooks sent this message regarding the homegoing of his father in the ministry Rev. I.L. Patrick.

Please send your prayers, encouragement, and support.
--------------------------

Can you post this funeral announcement for me. My Father in the ministry has passed away and he was well known in the Preaching community.

Rev. I.L. Patrick, 61
God, the Father, called his servant, the Rev. I.L. Patrick, home to glory on Sept. 06, 2007, in Plano, Texas.

On Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2007 from 5-7 p.m. the family will receive friends at the funeral home. (Carmichael-Whatley Funeral Directors) Pampa, Texas.

The Homegoing Service is Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2007 at 2:00 p.m. at the First Baptist Church of Pampa, Texas

On Jan. 27, 1946, Daisy and Rev. A.L. Patrick gave birth to one of God's anointed, Rev. I.L. Patrick. Rev. Patrick was born in Tahoka, but later the family relocated to Wellington where he spent most of his young life.

He attended school in Wellington, attended Bishop College in Dallas and received a Bachelor's degree in business management. Then, he wandered off into the wilderness, to later return as a called minister.

His first ministry was in Avalon. He then went on to minister in Odessa, TX; Midland, TX; Bonham, TX; Plainview, TX; and was the current pastor of the Macedonia Baptist Church of Pampa, Texas where he had served for 23 years.

Rev. Patrick married Barbara Gray Woods on April 18, 1980, in Midland. Rev. Patrick and his wife owned and operated Like New Beauty Corner in downtown Pampa.

Rev. Patrick leaves to mourn his wife of the home, Barbara; eight daughters, Crystal Hampton of Waco, Cheryl Mallory of Plano, Farcett Patrick and Carla Bailey, both of Dallas, Fargee Patrick of Oklahoma City, Okla., La Shaun Patrick and Tamika Patrick, both of Houston, and Nicole Patrick of Odessa; three sons, Carlos Bailey and Kelvin Pruitt, both of Dallas, and Marcus Pruitt of Houston; eight sisters, Mary Price, Lily Hastings, Joyce Phillips, Alice Patrick and Betty Jean Dillihunt, all of Dallas, Glenda Bates of Tyler, and Carolyn Johnson and Pamela Phillips, both of Orlando, Fla.; one brother, Jesse Johnson of Houston; stepmother, Fertie Patrick of Trinidad; several grandchildren, a host of nieces and nephews, and a multitude of friends.

Rev. Patrick was preceded in death by his parents Rev. A.L. and Daisy Patrick; and two sisters.

Rev. McCruder of Grand Pararie will do the Euglogy.

Views: 25

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service