What has happened to the Body of Christ? What have we become to the world? Does the world see Christ, or do they see a group of people who profess, without any manifestation, that they believe and know Jesus Christ? What are the preachers preaching? Is there a hell and a lake of fire that burns where water is not quenched and the worm dieth not? Do we believe in hell anymore? Are we in fact going to heaven? These are just some of the questions that are lurking about amongst Christians.

The older church used to say that things of the world would creep into the church; now, these things are walking and talking in the church. Things that the Word of God clearly states that should not be named amongst the saints are walking boldly amongst the saints of God.

See Ephesians 5:3-7: 3. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4. Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 7. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Where has the true Christian gone? The works of the flesh are alive and vibrant in the Body of Christ; but, one is hard pressed to find the works of the Spirit.

See also Galatians 5:19-23: 19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23. Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
It seems that we have revelation[ed] ourselves right out of the true tenants of our faith and our walk with God. We have more understanding, but less control over our flesh and desires. We take pride in the fact that we are no longer church but Kingdom minded and we still don’t understand what it means to LIVE HOLY. We are asking God to use us, but what are we rendering unto the Lord?
I have personally seen so much flesh on parade in the last year that I had to ask myself: “where is the Holy Ghost”? Is He still living on the inside and is He a keeper? Of course, the answer is He will keep you, if you allow Him. However, one must determine if we are saying yes with our mouths or our hearts. If we say yes with our hearts, then the Holy Ghost has something in us to work with when it is time for us to be kept, in spite of us. On the other hand, if our yes is just lip service, then we find ourselves doing the damnable things that are mentioned in Galatians 5:19-21. YES, what does it really mean? Y = yielded, E = entirely, and S = to the Spirit. Have the body received the Holy Ghost since we first believed – is that problem that there are too many ‘Christians’ that do not possess the Spirit of God? Could it be that this is the reason we as Christians cannot give a complete yes to God? Clearly, there is a base problem that needs to be corrected so that Christ can flow freely in the earth before His return.

See Acts 3:20-21: 20. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21. Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

See also St. Matthew 24:14, 22: 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. . . .22. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

The Body of Christ really needs to regain her reference for the Lord Jesus Christ. We need to stop taking Gods forgiveness for granted. We need to stop frustrating the grace of God on our lives. We need to understand that just because we are called, chosen, and sent; we are not above the God’s laws for living Holy. The Word of God in Isaiah 5:14 says “Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.”

Let us that know better, do better in living a holy and righteous life. It is understood that God must lend us His righteousness because all of ours is as filthy rags, but we must do all we can to live a life that God would be pleased to lend His righteousness to. Selah.

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Sister, this is why endurance is so important. If we get caught up in what is going on around us, we will not wait for the promise of his coming, I am sure you have read the parable of the seeds, just referencing, the cracks, the thorns, the cares of life, etc...., but in revelations as John was writing to the 7 churches, all were told to overcome, to endure to the end, then we shall be saved. Hell surely is enlarging it's borders, let us make sure we stay humble, and stick to the Word of god.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service