There are record accounts of persecution at various times and places in the bible . The most famous are of course Shad, Mesh and Abed .. and oh yea Daniel (can't forget him now can we?)
Then for those that only like the New Testament stuff .. we have Paul saying it still happens. < 2 Cor. 11: 23 -33 >
According to Peter how ever all believers endure some sort of persecution <1 Peter 4: 12 -19> , but in spite of what lightness we suffer here in North America a day is fast approaching when life as we know it as believers will change. How should we respond?

-Recognize that God is with us at all times in every situation and summon a resolve to stand firm like Daniel and his fellow Hebrews.
- Take the time to minister to those you are with when captured, or wrongfully accused. < Acts 16: 25 - 34> Even to the jailers them selves.
- Learn to be content in every situation ( You have lost control any way, so relax , chill )
- Don't be so surprised when you get into "hot water " In fact rejoice! Sing ! Dance! (at the very least you will convince them you are nuts and not in control of your facilities). <1 Peter 4: 12, 13>
- Entrust your situation to god. and persevere so He will be glorified! < Psalm 56 ; 1 Peter 4:14 - 19>

As you read this .. think about your inner circle and ask your self ... "Have I been hesitant to share with a particular group or family over fear of persecution? "
Pray for God's strength and boldness. And thank Him for every opportunity that you get to share now. Soon you may not be able too... unless you want to join Paul and the gang !
Excuse me now .. I'm gonna go check my reservations ...
Daniel

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good post!
And I am on my way too be like all of them, I would rather die than too deny.(That is a sermon in itself)
One person cried give me liberty or give me death... to day they deal away liberty .. and say we will be free.. tomorrow we would cry to be placed in shackles
Oh if I had 100 Spartans in God! As for me and my house ... I refuse to lay my freedom down. In stead I cry "Let my people go! "

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service