Can believers of Jesus Christ assist or promote productions that showcase homosexual acceptance?

I would like to know if the word of God means abstain from all appearance of evil relates to those believers of Jesus Christ who are marketable and beckoned to help in productions that clearly showcase homosexual acceptance. Should they do the production and set aside their religious faith as it is just fictional characters or is their evil intent behind bringing these productions to the mass population... meaning subliminal messages.

Views: 1480

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good points. But what is your understanding of what blaspheming against the Holy Spirit? What exactly is it? And in comparison, why is it not unforgivable to blaspheme Christ Jesus?

Matt 12:31-32

31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

There is an abundance of erroneous teaching on this especially of the personhood of the Holy Spirit. He is not a mere power He is a person. But what is terribly interesting is verse 32.

One answer is found in Mark not Matthew

Mark 3:28-30 (especially verse 30)
28Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

30Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

The other is in Galatians 4:4-7

4But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

The blasphemy or calling unclean or attributing evil works to the the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven. The mere rejection of His work will keep Him from working in you. You can't even come to the Son unless the Holy Spirit draws you to Him. You can't get to the Father except through the Son. It isn't a hierachy it is just the order that has been mandated through scriptures and the perfect plan of God the Father.

It is the purposeful and malicious verbal rejection of the Holy Spirit that is unforgivable.

The second unforgivable sin is when you walk in unforgieveness. You can't be forgiven when you don't forgive others. You block God's forgivenss of you.

Matthew 6:14-15

14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

We must be careful not to be hateful and unforgiving towards those who offend us be they believers or unbelievers, liars homosexuals, fornicators, murderers... what label sin... we must forgive to be forgiven.
Blasphemy of God's spirit is a very interesting thing. We know that whoever comes to God in repentance, God will not cast out.Its an issue of the heart toward repentance of sins. The pharisees were not willing to repent from their deeds and actions.

Their hearts were too hardened to even consider repentance of sins. Being guilty of the eternal sin, and not being able to be forgiven goes right along the lines of not being able to repentance, because of the condition of the heart.
Sister Tracy my understanding of what blaspheming against the Holy Spirit was them saying Jesus had an unclean spirt thus calling the Holy Spirit unclean as in Mark 3:30. Also in Matt 9:34 they said Jesus casted out devils through the prince of devils thus calling the Holy Spirit the ruler of demons or devils. Mark 3:22 they said Christ had Beelzebub. Christ replied in Mark 3:23 - 28. It is what I feel is blaspheming against the Holy Spirit. Please provide me with what you feel it is. Thank you in advance.
Actually John, I gave you my understanding when I asked you the question dear...LOL But here is clarification:

Very seldom will you see a nonbeliever do what the Scribes and Pharisees did back in Jesus' day and call the Holy Spirit Himself the devil or a demonic spirit. However, if someone should be as bold and as arrogant as some of these Pharisees were, and step out and directly blaspheme the Holy Spirit with this same kind of accusation - then I really think the exact same principle may apply as it did when Jesus was walking with the power of the Holy Spirit - and that these people would be just as guilty of committing the unpardonable sin as the Scribes and Pharisees were back at the time that Jesus was walking on our earth.

Blasphemy is defiant irreverence. We would apply the term to such sins as cursing God, or willfully degrading things relating to God. It is also attributing some evil to God, or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him.

This blasphemy has to do with someone accusing Jesus Christ of being demon-possessed instead of Spirit-filled. There are other ways to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, but this was "THE" unpardonable blasphemy.

Now some say that this type of blasphemy can only happen when you speak directly to Christ and accuse Him of doing works through the devil's power not the Holy Spirit. And since He no longer walks the earth, a person can't possibly commit this unpardonable sin in this day. I disagree with this ideology simply because one of the great "myteries" of the gospel is that Christ is IN us and that is our hope in glory (Col 1:26-28) And without HIm we can nothing. We must abide in Him and He in us. And greater works than He should we be doing. Remember, the blaspheme was against the HOLY SPIRIT not Jesus. Jesus even said that what you say about him would be forgiven.

Another thing that really should be taught about the Holy Spirit is His PERSONHOOD. He is not an "it" or some "force" like electricity. Ruach is the third person of the trinity....part of the triune God and was there in the beginning, in Genesis when God created all that has been created. God said let US make man in our image. It was the Holy Spirit that hovered over the face of the waters

But as for me, I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the LORD, and with justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgression, to Israel his sin. (Micah 3:8)

So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty. (Zechariah 4:6)

The Holy Spirit "helps" the believer, giving them the ability to do the works that God wants to do through the believer. But don't mistake His empowering with Him just being a force like in Star Wars or something.

I know I'm getting off track a bit but I feel some of these things need to be shared.

In addition to what I just said, many don't realize that the healing of the sick and casting out of demons was done BEFORE the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the book of Acts. Just read the gospels. Luke 10:1-3, 16-20 In this passage, Jesus sends the 70 out as amabassadors to the towns he purposed to visit... "

Verse 1 - After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.

They were so excited that the demons were subject to them because of Jesus' name

Verse 17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

Do you see that? But that wasn't the 12 disciples. And what is interesting is that it wasn't until the Jesus left and sent the disciples "another" (meaning one just like Him) that the 12 were able to do the "greater works". They were so fearful at times and Jesus knew that they would need another "paraclete" (Greek word paráklētos, "one who consoles, one who intercedes on our behalf, a comforter or an advocate"). The Holy Spirit is more than just a Comforter, more than some mystical force that we tend to view Him as... , my word... I'm getting kind of excited.. I need to stop typing.

He is our Helper (Romans 8:26)
He is our Comforter ( John 16:7)
Just as Jesus is our Advocate with the Father (I John 2:1) The Holy Spirit is our Advocate (Romans 8:26) BOTH Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit are our Advocates and they intercede on our behalf. So why in the world do we have no victory in our lives?
He is our Teacher (John 14:26)
He is our Witness of Christ (John 15:26) We don't have to be envious of those who physically walked with Jesus, because the Holy Spirit will testify of Christ to us. HE is Christs eyewitness for us, to us.

He is our Reminder (John 14:26) He will remind you of the Word of God that has been read by you and spoken to you....reminds you of God's promises and gives you hope for your present situations and your future.

He is the judge of the prince of this world (John 16:9-11)

Read John 16 and see all of the wonderful attributes of the Holy Spirit.

And remember those timid twelve disciples that I mentioned earlier? Well in Acts 1:7-8, after the Holy Spirit came upon them, they were able to be confident witnesses just like the 70!!!

Acts 1:7-8
7He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

But Jesus didn't just send the 12 to nearby towns, He sent them to....THE WORLD.

And guess what, that is exactly where we are to go as well. Think it not strange my friend that you are on the world wide web! Make use of this opportunity that you have. Make use of the Holy Spirit that is in you to do all that I mentioned earlier. Make use of the time that Christ has given you on this earth. Fulfill the great commission. Do NOT entertain the conversations that go back and forth about doctrine and denominational decisions. Preach Christ Jesus and the Resurrection and allow His Holy Spirit to lead you to the uttermost parts of your city as well as the world wide web!

I love you in Christ Jesus my friend. And if what I have typed wasn't for you then I pray that whoever it was intended for reads these words real soon.

Bless You!

~Tracy~
You know my friend... you didn't read my first response in which I said:

The blasphemy or calling unclean or attributing evil works to the the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven. The mere rejection of His work will keep Him from working in you. You can't even come to the Son unless the Holy Spirit draws you to Him. You can't get to the Father except through the Son. It isn't a hierachy it is just the order that has been mandated through scriptures and the perfect plan of God the Father.

It is the purposeful and malicious verbal rejection of the Holy Spirit that is unforgivable.

What makes it unforgivable is that one puts oneself in a position where one will not accept the forgiveness that if freely given.

It's like a starving man dying with a loaf of bread sitting next to him. He starved because he rejected the bread that was right in front of his face.

The issue of the Trinity... not a salvation issue .. meaning, using the word "trinity or triune" which is not in the bible won't send you to hell nor keep you from heaven. However, I'm willing to read what you write about it. After all, this is a free forum. Just know that I may or may not make any further comments about it.

As far as the 12, if you re-read the portion of my statement that you copied, you will see that my comment was.. the "greater works".. not just the works of the 70. I was purposeful in making the comparison of the passion, courage and zeal of the 70... albeit Jesus had to put them in check and tell them to be more excited that their names were written in the Lambs Book of Life. I made the comparison because people often see the Holy Spirit as what is portrayed in Hollywood.. the "force". When the true focus should be on the power (or authority) that is in the name of Jesus. What happens is that believers then become "power hungry" instead of Kingdom concsious. And pride steps in and they find themselves like Lucifer believing that the "power" is coming from them instead of from Christ Jesus. After all, apart from Him we can't do anything.

As far as the OT... oh man... so many Christians toss it in the trash as mere history when it is as alive as the NT. Think about it, who I was in elementary, jr. high and high school is as much me as who I am today... Jesus didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfill it. It is as much a part of who He is as who we come to know Him as in the NT. It's called, growing up. (I guess I should explain "growing up" huh....LOL) Nah.. it's lunch time and I'm hungry.

Anywho, thank you for your comments. I am enjoing getting to know all of you. I really enjoy being on this network. You guys are just awesome!

(let's see, how was brother spelled again???? Is it "Achi"... )
Is this what you were doing while I was enjoying my wonderful panini??? LOL
*sigh* I hear ya. And even agree that Christians are wayyyy off on many things. Which is why you mostly here me saying "Believers" ... not Christian. Christianity has become a "religion" like many many others. Even those who profess to be all that is right have become quite pious in their attitudes and whose hearts are just as far from God as those that religious learned men that Jesus called a brood of vipers. They have more head than heart and were so focused on the letter of the law that they totally missed the spirit of the law. Christians as well as many others have done and continue to do this and everyone thinks they are right because they have... knowledge but lack the wisdom to use it as Jesus the Christ, the Messiah, the only begotten Son of the Father, the promised seed of the woman, the Word that was in the beginning with the Father. Yeshua who says that HE and the Father are one and yet He sits on the right hand of the Father and comes from the Father and was sent by the Father ... and had no problem nor considered it robbery to be equal with God and took offense when the Holy Spirit was rejected and spoke evil of. But in all of this, to whom did He tell his disciples to pray and to worship... not Jesus... but the Father. Not His mother Mary, but the Father. Not the Holy Spirit but the Father. He came to glorify the Father not himself.

Notwithstanding that no man can see God and live but in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word became

Yes Achi, you are right my new friend, we are not far from agreeing but there will probably remain areas where we will disagree and yet... I still consider you Yedi'a.

Shalom (a word that has wayyyy more meaning than mere peace).

~Tracy~
Thank you Tracy and that's what I feel was put in me to believe as you stated. I know what you say about not entertaining things on this site but I believe it is a good place to come to. It makes me rethink, see my errors and at times convinces that what I'm shown is true. I dont' take coming here and going back and forth as wrong but part of learning and teaching. What I don't like to get into here is belittling others because their views may be different. Trust me I have had some conversations here that have been less than desirable and in on instance through my ignorance of a phrase I said something to Brother Moreh that I shouldn't have said but it was my ignorance in believing something meant something that it didn't but I learned and apologized, apology accepted and I've never said that again and never will. Anyway thank you for your response. Now I need to talk to Brother Moreh and get his understanding of there not being a Trinity because though it's not stated but to me it is implied in the New Testament and as you stated in Genesis when God stated a couple time "Let Us". I believe He was talking to Jesus (The Word) and the Holy Spirit. I know Brother Moreh has something for me but he has to show me. LOL
I responded already on that page you had I believe Brother Moreh. I'm waiting to be hit in the head. LOL
No I didn't respond yet. I stated let me disgest and pray on this before I hit you back. I did watch it and I know how you feel about names. I want to discuss this with you some more as we have in the past.
Achi,

You've presented a well-informed message. I knew most of this from researching the Nicene Creed. And I am fully aware that the Sabbath never was and never will be on Sunday. And even those that worship on Sunday don't do it as a Sabbath unto the Lord. It's typically just a few hours if that. Neither is it taught that a biblical day is sundown to sundown. The Gregorian calendar is a solar calendar not a lunar calendar which is what the Jews use and what is used in the bible when we read about dates or times or seasons etc. This is only ONE reason why the days that are observed are so far from biblical date facts.

My question to you is...what do YOU (Moreh) tell people who want to know how to get to heaven and how they can be sure they are going? Or maybe to be more specific, what is your salvation message to a sinfilled world? Is heaven the goal to be aspired by the unbeliever? What is the believers aspiration?

Hmmm that was more than one question wasn't it? LOL
My my my.... aint God good? (ebonically speaking of course) LOL

I think, I'll go have a turkey and swiss panini with roasted peppers sauce and tomato basil soup... YUMMY!

See you all soon

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service