I think it is very important that preachers of today need to be seminary trained .

i say that because there are no more dumb folk in the church and i feel that it is a sad day for the preacher if he has somebody in the congregation that knows more about the bible than the preacher. Also i feel that if the pulpit is dumb then the pews are dumb.

Views: 1281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello my friend. Your gift will make room for you. There is a process that must be incubated. When time and opportunity permits, what must be done, shall be done. Bear patience. You can either open the doors for yourself, or else you can have them opened for you. Better is the latter suggestion. There are those who will hear you. Keep waiting for the invite. It may be that one day it will come (or not). God knoweth. Keep your sword sharpened in the meantime, and stay instant. There is no wonder you have been found in this arena, where you have sharpened your skills with every sparing match you've had on this network. It is very obvious that you are being prepared for success. Be blessed my Brother.
EXACTLY! Sure you understood me. You are not without understanding.The process is my deciding to invite you. I do have other men scheduled to speak, and I am led by the Spirit. I do not simply choose a person to speak simply because I like them or their ministry. What they have to say must be what needs to be said in the season that is conducive to the family’s growth and development. Your’s is a diet that I feed to them in small amounts, as they have not quite cut teeth yet. It takes time. But you keep preaching Bro. I am sure that the people who I pastor are not all the people. Preach where ever the door is opened to you… Did I sound superspiritual? I didn’t mean to. I try to speak on the human level, but am not always successful. I’ve just had to come to grips with it. I’m just sooo superspiritual…when you got it, you got it…LOL..Brother, of course there’s always opportunity! It’s beating the doors down everyday. So sieze them (the opportunities). To say that I’m scurred would be the easy way. I do a lot of things I’m scared to do for courage training…ha ha!..I do fear that those who are under my watch and care are not prepared for the type of surgery you want to perform. Call me lazy, but I’m really not up to mending the many gaping sores you may leave behind unawares. If they must have this surgery, then let the procedure call for a “prep for surgery”. If and when the time comes, believe me, I will know. It is good that you see success in those to whom you have spoken the “real truth”. I didn’t know there was a false truth. Whoa. I gotta stand up, so I can sit down. You mean to tell me that there is false truth? WOW! Man…Thank you Sir for that startling revelation! wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! That’s why I love you man, You’re always the teacher. I always thought that truth was truth and that all truth was real, because truth is one, and agrees as one. Thanks for getting the moat out of my eyes. Once again, you are correct Sir, when you say “there is a time for preparing and a time for doing”. I think we’re in different time zones. And because our timing differ, I shall continue preparing here, while you occupy by doing there, until such a time come where preparing and doing shall shake hands. Sorry about the “SPAR” word. I meant no malice. I only meant that your skill is sharp through practice and exercise of the word. I believe that these blogs stimulate your innate ability. Shaloam my Brother.
Hi Bro. Moreh,
I think my sarcasm adds flavor to our conversations. Sorry you don't have the stomach for it. Maybe a little wine for your stomachs sake will help with that. Only don't get too merry with the wine if you know what I mean. I am not at odds with you. I say go ahead and teach what you believe is truth, and I shall do the same. In the end, the truth will make all things known. There will be no confusion. You have no Idea what I teach. You judge by the blogs on this site. For all you know I could be teaching a quilt making class...hmmm...not a bad idea...lol. Stop Thinking That! Be Nice. Brother, how many times must I have to ask you to LIGHTEN UP BRO. I happen to love my babysitting gig. And my employer proves to be pleased. I don't answer to you. Nor do you answer to me. I could just as easily say you are teaching slanders, but that would be...well you know. Do what you do man, Stay with it til the world catches on fire (it will catch on fire). This is your conviction and your lot. Don't hate me cuz I'm pretty..LOL...Just some more flavor there to spice up the blog. But seriously, Do your thing man. I pray your contiued success. You gotta explain the False truth thing for me again though. You kinda confused me there. I believe you lost me at the part when you said "Deception is..." Wait give me a minute...hardly see the screen for the water of my eyes...so much laughter here...whew! Okay. My composure has returned. Be blessed Brother Moreh. I just know you will respond. I only ask, please be nice. People have feelings you know. Ha ha ha ha ha etc....

GO BACK AND READ THE WHOLE TEXT MAN AND GET UNDERSTANDING BOUT WHAT YOU SAID "YOUR GIFT MAKES ROOM FOR YOU" IS THAT WHAT THAT TEXT REALLY MEANS MY BROTHER.

Actually, when I was in Seminary it was an exploration of various traditions, not just one. While they held to Calvanism, they made a point to expose the students to various theological points of view. Education is not meant to make us more narrow, but to broaden us. I certainly we must also distinguish between a Bible School, a Seminary, and a Divninity School. Each of them have a different approach.
With all due respect, sir, I believe that you are wrong on this subject. I believe that the degrees and schools don't make preachers, God does. As a 16-year-old, I accepted my calling to preach and preached my first sermon. No, I'm not against preachers going to bible college and seminary. It's a great thing to learn homilectics and Greek and Hebrew. But, it's the Holy Ghost that makes preachers and what's more important is that you need to go to Holy Ghost school. If God calls you to preach, He'll make you an effective preacher so that you don't have to go to seminary. I heard of some prominent preachers like Joyce Meyer who never went to seminary, but they are great preachers because they went to Holy Ghost school. Sadly, there are preachers who are seminary-educated, but not saved and Holy-Ghost filled. Matthew 28:19 commissions all believers to preach the Gospel to the lost, not just the educated. As Bishop Alfred Owens would say, "Education without salvation makes you an educated fool". Wisdom comes from the Holy Ghost.
WHAT YOU HAVE SAID IS TRUE. EDUCATION IS GOOD TO HAVE, BUT GOD WILL TAKE THE LOWEST PERSON AND CLEAN THEM UP AND USE THEM THE WAY HE SEE'S FIT. YOU ARE RIGHT. BACK IN THE DAY HE CALLED HIS PEOPLE AND CLEANED THEM UP AND USED THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE HUMBLE ENOUGH AND THANKFUL FOR WHAT THE LORD HAD BROUGHT THEM THROUGH. WE SOMETIMES AS I SAID LOOSE TOUCH WITH THE TRUE MEANING OF PREACHING AND DOING WHAT THE LORD WOULD HAVE US TO DO.
MORGAN GOD BLESS YOU MAN ! Brother I get upset when we have Black Preachers and Pastors Who Think Preaching is not an art or craft Preacher You have plenty of Sense by the way are the same one that is on The National Baptist Web- Site "THE MENTHONITE"?
But Mr. Vaughn,...IT'S NOT...a craft, or an art.
We are not entertainers that we should be on display like some hollywood spectacle; nor are the people an innactive couch potatoe needing to be entertained. This business of preaching is not an art. It is a WORK. When we begin to stand in the vision of God and to pursue His will as our first and farmost agenda, we shall be more excellent in our delivery of the mystery of His will, and the church will be edified withal. Bless God my brother. May your way be led an prospered by His Spirit is my prayer.
I guess Yah teaches that we are not our brother's keeper and that we should verbally attack each other because we might differ on things! Now I learned in seminary that Yashuah said that you shall know my disciples by their love! Now the words that I just read don't appear to have been said love, but rather in attack! Now I agree with brother Delbert that preachers do need to go seminary or receive some type of formal training! Seminary is only a cemetary if you allow it to be! We all received training and education from preschool to high school was everything that we learned true no, but it have is a foundation that made us study further! In fact, just the other day we celebrated Colombus day, now did he discover America, NO! But if I had not been taught that he did, I never would have took the time to find out that he didn't. Knowledge is power and only one who is afraid fears knowledge! Seminary is a good fish, just don't eat the bones!
knowledge is not power if it lies dormat. Check the graveyards.

Its Time
Hello Hello Hello. A good man steps are ordered by the Lord.
Brother move over. I have just been given this site by a Pastor friend of mine.
He's the same pastor that ordained me over 9 yrs ago.
Now every thing I have read you say so far is right on time.

We got preachers acting like the Jack ass that Namen rode to curse the children of God when someone is sent to open their eye to the next lever.
Fasting Praying slobbing and all and the answer comes as a unfamiliar sound so its tossed aside as nonsense. I am black so was Noah, Nemroid, Moses, Jesus, the Bible is the closest Black history book there is and the church still says color don't matter. Well I beg to differ, if color don't matter how come the Father created them? Wake up

But, just like the scribep and pharasees of Jesus days they shoot you down. Stupid blind continueing to lead the bline. I'm starting to wonder if they are and have been leading these people blindly on purpose.

Warning Again. You preachers keep on preaching tiths and raping innocent people of their finances time is comming when these folks family members are going to get ya. Tired of when their mama who has been going to your churches giving their money and when they need help they can't get it. Shame on you who All that continue to teach and rape the people.
Abram did not give no tith to melchezadeck it was the other way around. Go back and read than once you get the real revelation on who was being spokent to walk yourself up in the pulpit and repent in front of your congergation.

Get any child to read that passage and then ask them what it means? ask them who gave the tiths bread and water that melchezedic brought to Abram before his name was Abraham.

Here is another one. I have heard from Black folks that it doesn't matter what color Jesus was or is we even have made songs saying this. If this was true how come I still see the painting of Leonardo Devinci cousin and he's white? How come we have these christians always making movies of a white messiah?

How come black children are still taught and shown Jesus as white?
Wake up First generation of the most High.

Its Time

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service