Hi blessed believers, I wanted to address the issue of abortion. It is a medical procedure that is used by doctors to terminate or end a pregnancy in case the life of the mother or child is endangered.

http://www.abortionfacts.com/learn/learn.asp

However, the 'act' of 'ending a pregnancy' has been around forever, if you will. In antiquity righteous women knew and valued life but abortion was legalized. Check out these facts:

"Roman couple; 1st-century fresco from Pompeii ©
Abortion was accepted in both ancient Rome and Greece.

The Romans and Greeks weren't much concerned with protecting the unborn, and when they did object to abortion it was often because the father didn't want to be deprived of a child that he felt entitled to.

The early philosophers also argued that a foetus did not become formed and begin to live until at least 40 days after conception for a male, and around 80 days for a female. The philosopher Aristotle wrote:

..when couples have children in excess, let abortion be procured before sense and life have begun; what may or may not be lawfully done in these cases depends on the question of life and sensation.
Aristotle, Politics 7.16

Aristotle thought that female embryos developed more slowly than male embryos, but made up for lost time by developing more quickly after birth. He appears to have arrived at this idea by seeing the relative development of male and female foetuses that had been miscarried.

Bible times
The Old Testament has several legal passages that refer to abortion, but they deal with it in terms of loss of property and not sanctity of life.

The status of the foetus as property in the Bible is shown by the law that if a person causes a miscarriage they must pay a fine to the husband of the woman, but if they also cause the woman to die then they are liable to be killed.

The New Testament doesn't explicitly deal with abortion.

Western history
Through much of Western history abortion was not criminal if it was carried out before 'quickening'; that is before the foetus moved in the womb at between 18 and 20 weeks into the pregnancy. Until that time people tended to regard the foetus as part of the mother and so its destruction posed no greater ethical problem than other forms of surgery."

You can read the rest in the enclosed link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/abortion/legal/history_1.shtml

Does the Bible specifically speak on abortion? In a way it does. In the Torah, laws are given with regard to the life of a child within the womb. Surprisingly there is a controversial 'abortion' procedure or so called by some with regard to a 'woman who has gotten pregnant by another man.' Numbers 5:12-28 speaks of a priest mixing a 'potion' that some claim induces abortion or, as the Bible says, 'will rot her thigh and cause swelling' if she is lying. However, God will not let it hurt her or the unborn if she is not.

Wow, tough law, eh?

Anyway, elsewhere Scripture does speak of the sanctity of the life within the womb. Jeremiah says, 'God knew him' and by extension 'all of us' 'when we were in our mother's womb' (Jer. 1:5).

Psalm 139:13-16 - states "For you have formed my inward parts; You have covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am wonderfully and fearfully (reverently) made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well; My frame was hidden from You; When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them."

If ever there was a Scripture to prove 'abortion is murder of the unborn LIFE WITHIN THE WOMB, THIS IS IT!

Psalm 127:3 follows suit, "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord; The Fruit of the womb is His reward."

What evil has humanity in its' fallen state wrought! Women blind to their own worth also become blind to the worth of the precious life within the womb. There must be an outcry to the hearts of women and men that causes them to value their own life as well as the life in the womb. We must pray for a revival to that end. No, we must pray that the Holy Spirit be poured out like never before on humanity that the life of the unborn be valued. This is how you end abortion.

An all out united blitz. True righteous clergy should daily reach out via TV, radio, Internet, and every other avenue. Have weekly scheduled 'life in the womb' seminars. Make music that elevates the preciousness of the child in the womb. Do plays, television shows, or even buy up billboards with messages of God's love for women and their children so charging them to cease using 'abortion' as an option.

Oh, there are sooooo many wonderful ways we as the 'body of Christ' can assist in dropping the astronomical amount of abortions. Hurl God's love for women, men and children. Follow suit with merciful actions like creating centers that will assist a pregnant young woman in obtaining health care, a home, and a job to take care of the child. Buy up apartment buildings, condos, of quality and so let us outreach to a lost and dying world with the love of God for the child within the womb.

Let us donate funds to honorable ministries that will apply it to such endeavors. We can unite and do this. We must unite and do this. Such actions are the proper way for the true body of Christ to assist in ending abortion.

=================================

ABORTION AND THE BIBLE PT. 2

http://www.blackpreachingnetwork.com/profiles/blogs/abortion-amp-th...

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah but Watson, that's the price of the fun part...getting screwed. It's like that old adage, 'man takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes the man.'

I guess you could say, 'the man takes a screw, law takes a screw, and screw takes the man's' income.

Again, the only one trying to remedy all of this from ever being a problem is the Lord i.e. 'DO NOT FORNICATE' both MALE and female.

So, yes, yes, yes, 50 or as the young people phrase it, 'fiffty' all the way.

As for the loose young girls out there yeah, it is pathetically sad, what a young girl will turn herself into for attention.

You're right, those girls, (in the Maury cases), many times doesn't know which of the multiple partners is the father so she 'picks one.'

Now, a wise man would say, 'hey, I'm not going to be with such types to put myself in such a position.'

However, you know the term the 'proverbial fool'? It comes from Proverbs 7. There the brainless 'fool' walks headlong (excuse the pun) right into her midst even though he has been warned. Yep, just whistles his way into destruction and then later belly aches about it. Hmp...the Nerve.

So you see, all in all Watson, the Bible is his 4th contraception that if he would have only heeded, he wouldn't find himself in the trouble he gets in.

The Bible's final conclusion more or less proclaims, 'it serves him right.' (Prov. 7:7).

As kids, if we were disobedient in class we used to have to write on the board, 'I WILL FOLLOW THE RULES! I WILL FOLLOW THE RULES!'

I think it would do young girls and boys well to have that same punishment implemented in the school system for it could possibly save them a lifetime of heartache, wouldn't you say?

As for Roe V Wade on the books, well the thing about it is this, legalized abortion has saved the life of the mother and should not become illegal. Now, there should be great restraints put upon the law about mid and late term abortions.

The main thing is for us to pray God's Spirit to move on the hearts of men and women to quit using abortion as an option.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service