Address me as my TITLE!!!! Will you be offended if someone call you Brother, Or Sister

Praise the Lord,

I beleive some are really on a power trip... Not coming aganist any titles.. But there have been churches I visit/ not only churches.. out side in the public....... that people has really gotten upset because no on didn't reconize them as Pastor, Prophet, Evangelist..etc..etc... they really get offended/ angry if you called them Brother or Sister.. and will stand right up in church and correct the matter.. Oh my name is ..... Bishop Icecream........oh I'm Pastor dreamboat and I pastor two chuches..etc..etc. ...........Then I heard one said in one church...... yall disrepect me and yall owe me an apology... If you can address the President of the USA surely You can Address those with titles in the church......

My question is Does it really Matter??

What is it that is taken from you if someone don't address you as your title?

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lisa, to answer your question, it's pride that makes some of those find offense. According to Yahshua,, all of our titles should be 'unworthy servant' (Lk. 17:9-10). :-)

Now, on the other hand, Scripture says, 'give honor to whom honor is due' so it is right to respect people who are respectful for their calling. However, some among clergy, do get 'pompous' and in wanting praise and honor, show themselves unworthy of both.

We just have to be 'wise as serpents and harmless as doves' discerning whose who, on a case by case basis.
My question is Does it really Matter??

Yes and No.

YES: A person does get his/her title from GOD (if truly GOD ordained), and therefore, is quite important to them. They have gone through and are STILL going through a lot for the position they hold in the Kingdom. Take women for example: Women go through alot for the office of Apostle, Bishop, or Senior Pastor. As a man, to address her simply as "Sister" may actually come off insulting for her, not because I didn't address her title, but because I didn't address her triumph over adversity, and the grace of GOD on her life. This goes not only for women, but for men as well.

NO: We are all brothers and sisters with the same FATHER in Heaven, and the LORD JESUS as our joint heir and Brother. Our titles are not here for us as a license to lord over the next man. There "should be" no insult in calling the next person in CHRIST your brother/sister.

I can place myself up here as a example. My name here on BPN is Trevor T. Greene. I have no problem with people simply addressing me as Trevor, or even Trev for the close friends. However, I am Apostle-Elect (I don't like the "elect part") & Prophet Trevor Greene, founder of Twelve Tribes Apostolic Kingdom Ministries Inc. People speak to me and use the title or just my regular name. Either way, so long as you respect me as a person and a saint, its all good. Respecting me however, must also included your respect of my governmental position in the Kingdom's ministry, because my title is also practically who I am, not just what I do.
I truly see what both of you are saying....
If u called "Minister" or "Pastor" is fine. If u called me "Brother" that's fine as well.
The title doesn't make a Man of God,God makes that person on who he is.
Truely there is only one title and that is disciple. We all have a designation or should I dare say "job". If you went to school for 10 years to obtain a degree in a specific area do you want to be called; Esquire, Engineer, Nurse, Doctor, or Architect whomever. This rarely occurs other than certain fields. We all have a title in our perspective fields but we do not use them in everyday life. When I see the cook at McDonalds I don't refer to him as "head cook whoever" no I say hey Jim. Same as the nurse. My mother has a MS.BSN and is the Director. But they do not call her Director. They call her by her name.

Who really cares about your achievments? It is excellent that you have achieved. But does not scripture say that Jesus made himself of no reputation? Yes it does! SO then I rightfully say; Who are you, that you make a reputation for yourself that man should honor you and your accomplishments? We are all equal, all that separates is our experience. Jesus said that we are all brothers/sisters to one another. Man made one destination greater than another and that you should give tribute because of that not The Most High.
"Who really cares about your achievments? It is excellent that you have achieved. But does not scripture say that Jesus made himself of no reputation? Yes it does! SO then I rightfully say; Who are you, that you make a reputation for yourself that man should honor you and your accomplishments? We are all equal, all that separates is our experience. Jesus said that we are all brothers/sisters to one another. Man made one destination greater than another and that you should give tribute because of that not The Most High."

You have a strong point, at the same time, Peter called JESUS Lord and JESUS responded with the words "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am." (John 13:13) So long as you do not abuse your position, being addressed by your title is an honor that gives GOD glory.
Simply put...It is one thing if someone just calls a Man/Woman out of thier name, or refuses to call them Pastor, bishop, etc., out of spite; but just for someone to call a pastor brother or sister and the pastor is offended by that I beleive that we can safely say that it is a little pride working there. I think some people are a little puffed up and take these titles to a-whole-nother level. We are all servents of the same people that we are demanding to call us Minister, Pastor, or Bishop. Now, again, all things being equal it should not be done out of disrespect....
There is no position in the Church (including the Bishop) that is truly attained by a person's own ambition, but by faith in GOD's grace and power. According to Titus 1:1-3 and 1st Peter 1:1-2, Paul said and Peter that they are Apostles according to the faith. In other words, an Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor, Teacher, Deacon, Bishop has the full right to say and believe "as sure as you can claim to be saved by GOD's grace, I can claim the office of ____, because GOD made me who I am". When it gets to their head, then they are no longer operating in the grace and faith, and therefore are not operating in their office.
Both of your comments are very true I wish that all would see that, but alas they are blind to it. The Most High is the Ultimate Authority in giving position to anyone wether they are in a church or not. This is why we still give hommage to those of the governmental bodies. And also follow the Laws of the land. It is very wise for us to remember this also. So yes I can agree to the point as if i where speaking to a judge an officer..i.e General, Lt., or Sgt or maybe possibly even the President. Thinking on this it is rightfully to decern that it is as honorable to refer to the Child of The Most High with the same respect for the position given to them by YHWH.

Shalom Xaver and Lehitra'ot
Thats true for the most part, however, we must also keep in consideration Hosea 8 where GOD spoke saying they heaped and elected kings that HE didn't approve of. Some have taken leadership positions by force, others by the people's vote. Neither are by consulting GOD however.
I have shared my opinion on this on a different blob . No, I would not be offended if someone don't address me by my title . I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ . In some settings , as it was forestated , we have some of our fellow clerics who will have a sho nuff hissy fit if you don 't call them "Rev Dr , Rev , Prophetess , etc " . Believe me , it is not all about the title , when it comes down to it ,,,, it is truly about the Kingdom of God . When we all get to heaven , God is not going to be interested in what title you held or how big your membership was but in what have YOU done for the Kingdom of God . All these titles , don't mean NOTHING if you are not walking in the fruit of the spirit and have agape love for others . And those of you who are ego tripping ... GET A GRIP , it is not about you it 's about Jesus and being a servant .God bless you !
It doesn't matter to me, but I notice here you definitely see the mindset behind the salutations, those men who don't agree with women minstering, it's sister, don't upset them WOMAN, even women will opt to sister if you don't see things their way. Then there are those that are just say sister because thats the way they feel and that IS AN HONOR to be considered as a sister

My pastor is a Bishop, I would always respect him with his God given title, as for me personally, if I'm called out my name or title because of my beliefs all glory to God over it

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service