I would like your well thought out opinion on the subject of contradicitons in the bible.  If you do not think there are then you can feel free to participate in the many other forums where you have something to offer.  If you think that there are contradicitons I would love to discuss them with you.

Views: 343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brother Anthony, I would just as soon cut my tongue out than to question God. I DO NOT QUESTION GOD.

You open your statement with an obviously religious statement, one that is unnecssary well as silly. Brother Pastor, Job questioned and wrestled with God, and was called a righteous man.... Even Jesus in the garden wrestled with God, but in the end as with all of us found a way to submission to His will. You wish to argue the poorint no problem, I however will not indulge you. First off sir, I did not say that YOU specifically were being dishonest, I made a generalization, not a specific statement.

I am not going to argue the point about obedience and submission because in truth the word obey, and the word submit DO NOT mean the same thing.TO be fair you have your convictions and I have mine, I will leave it at that. Wit regard to what I do and do not believe about you, it is irrelevant you are my brother and I have no animosity towards you whatsoever. However when you say that being an intellectual gets in the way of faith, I have to differ with you. The Apostle Paul the one who was used to write 1/4 of the scriptures was himself an intellectual, he confirms this in his writings and even ancient historians who knew the man speak to that truth. While it is true that for some thier intellegence gets in the way of being able to see anything through the eyes of faith, that sir is not my issue. You see the things of God make perfect sense to me, its when man applies his theology to things that screws it up. Yes I like things to make sense and be logical and most things when it comes to God do, after all when you examine the workings of a snowflake, and the eliptical lines of a strand of DNA one cannot help but know that the one behind it has a sense of logic and higher thought.  And yet invites us all to have the same mind. Illogical and improbable, no my friend, there are always possibilities and its in seeing that, that one can see through the eyes of faith, pistis. And being so convinced of those things logically move forward, no my brother you may have attempted to speak of being an intellectual in a pejoritive way, but rather I see it as character strength, not because it elevates, but it is who and part of who I was created to be.  If you wish to continue debate, I welcome it, but lets stay on point. The question was are there inconsistancies in the Bible, the honest answer is yes there are, however it does not take away from who Jesus is. We are married to Him, not His story. Who He is, is not wrapped up in His story, but rather He is who He is regardless. He is supposed to be the center of our faith, not what was written of Him. Yes it shows us who He is, but all of who He is, is not wrapped up in His story.

Brother Anthony, You never cease to amaze me with your wit, and your mastery of words. I like conversing with you. I believe that you are sincere and honest in your concepts, and am glad to see that you have confidence to express that with which you are equipped. I dare not offend you or your faith, and if I have caused offense, it was unintended. Please for give your brother, Melvin. I did indeed stray away from the main topic, which was are there inconsistencies in the bible? The answer is YES. I concede this argument to you, and hope that we can do it again sometime, as I like you, and am persuaded that were it not for our geological position we would be good friends. God bless and keep you my brother. Stay on the path.
No ............even though it would appear so. It is just like when you have the same incident from several different people.......they all have a different version so to speak but are telling it as they saw it. That is why we study to show ourselves approved and allow the Spirit to give us revelation and understanding. Some are just their opinions and some is direct from the Lord that is why he says RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD.

Greetings Evangelist Alim:

Contradiction = the act of going against; opposition; denial; a declaration of the opposite or contrary; a statement that is at variance with itself; conflict or inconsistency, as between events, qualities, etc.; a person or thing containing conflicting qualities; (Philosophy / Logic) Logic a statement that is false under all circumstances; necessary falsehood.

Yes, there are inconsistencies between events written by man in the Bible.  However, I do not believe that there is anything, from Genesis to Revelation, that is in opposition of the overall message God wants us to understand.  Example: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John were together with Jesus Christ during most of the miracles, signs, and wonders that Jesus manifested.  Yet, they each had their way of telling the story.  Their backgrounds were the keys to the 'how'.  Their individual paradigm (A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality for the community that shares them, especially in an intellectual discipline) was different.

Another example: You and I can hear the same preacher, getting the subject/title exactly the same and getting the emphasis scripture the same.  However, we will walk away with a different message according to what we need, according to where we are, and according to the defining factors.  I may go home with that message to 'fit' my household.  You may go home and 'fit' that message to your neighbor/neighborhood, etc.

"All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep His covenant and His testimonies." Psalm 25:10

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service