Many false prophets simply point people to themselves. Their covetousness manifests itself in a desire for power, influence, control, prestige, or importance—the antithesis of being poor in spirit, meek, pure in heart, and mourning over their ungodly weaknesses. The true prophet does not draw attention to himself but to God. If a prophet or teacher spends a great deal of time talking about himself, He is a false prophet, Jesus said HE must be lifted up.

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I speak of Prophets needing no training I am referring to those who presume to teach people how to prophecy just like those that teach others how to speak in tongues. Sitting under a real man or woman of God is key and most are not doing this.

Just as you've said many are calling themselves and claiming but a calling from God. I believe that no amount of teaching from man can prepare you for this office if God has not called you.

God needs to be in the equation as the person who is calling you with or without teachers.
You didn't say that. In fact, you NEVER said that. You said no man can be trained for the office of Prophet. Now you're changing your words.....
Trevor,

I agree with that. No man can be trained for a gift that Yehwah gives. It trips me out that they actually have "prophet schools" in this country. How foolish to think they can teach. I actually seen a guy on youtube teaching tongues! No way!
No I am not changing my words on that. Men and women can receive training from others but not to perform the specific duties of a Prophet. Your training may be biblical instructions but who can teach you HOW TO BE A PROPHET? Only God does the revealing and you can not utter a word unless he gives it too you.

If you speak without getting divine revelation you are putting yourself in danger.
EW,

Preach it sis!
Because we have so many "spiritual wonders" running around, they may in fact have a gifting, but a gift without WISDOM in the Word is a dangerous animal running around, we ALL need intense training in Biblical doctrine no matter WHAT our calling or gifting is in.
I THINK MORE CLARITY MAY LIE IN THE FACT THAT THE GIFT/ANOINTING IS "PERFECT, BUT THE"MAN/VESSEL" IS NOT, HENCE THE SCRIPTURE THAT DECLARES "WE HAVE THIS "TREASURE" IN EARTHEN VESSELS, BUT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER IS OF GOD, AND NOT OF OURSELVES". NO, WE CAN NOT ,AND HAVE NO NEED TO ADD TO THE "/ANOINTING"/GIFT, BUT THE CHARACTER,UNDERSTANDING OF THE PURPOSE OF THE PROPHETIC MINISTRY, AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW HOW, WHEN, HOW NOT TO, AS IT PERTAINS TO PROTOCOL AND KNOWING HOW TO "GO IN AND OUT" IN THE EXECUTION OF THE MINISTRY, CAN BE GREATLY ENHANCED BY RECEIVING WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE FROM SOMEONE SEASONED. I, PERSONALLY RECEIVED "TRAINING" THROUGH YEARS OF PRAYER,STUDYING TO SHOW MYSELF APPROVED, AND THE MOST LASTINGLY EFFECTIVE, YET PAINFUL "SCHOOL OF ALL, THAT BEING THE "SCHOOL OF TRIAL AND ERROR"! ON ONE HAND, I WISH SOMEONE HAD WARNED ME OR OFFERED GUIDANCE IN SOME AREAS, BUT AT THE SAME TIME, IT MADE ME VERY SENSITIVE TO THE "STILL SMALL VOICE" OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND A DEPENDENCY ON THE SAME. IT CAN BE VERY BENEFICIAL FOR A YOUNG PROPHET TO ENGAGE IN A MENTORING TYPE RELATIONSHIP LIKE THE ONE BETWEEN ELIJAH-ELISHA! THE MINISTRY OF THE PROPHET HAS SUCH GREAT INFLUENCE AND IMPACT, THAT WITHOUT GUIDANCE AND WISE COUNSEL, IT CAN CONSUME THE INDIVIUAL AND WREAK HAVOC ON THOSE WHO RECEIVE FROM THOSE "UNSKILLED" PERSONS. I'VE SEEN MANY "LOOSE CANON" TYPE "PROPHETS" WHO POSSESSED THE 'GIFTS",BUT WHO OPERATED LIKE "ELEPHANTS IN A CHINA SHOP", AND SOON BEGAN TO OPERATE IN "OTHER" SPIRITS, BECAUSE THEY LACKED EXPERIENCE, AND THE SHARP EYE, CORRECTION, AND WISE COUNSEL OF SOMEONE WHO HAD ENDURED THE NORMAL, EXPECTED (AND UNEXPECTED) PITFALLS OF THE CALLING. UNFORTUNATELY, SOME OF THE PRESENT "SCHOOLS" ARE GEARED TOWARDS "SHOWMANSHIP",CONTROL, FLEECING THE FLOCK, AND FLAUNTING, OR PUTTING ON DISPLAY THE "GIFT", OR RATHER THE ONE OPERATING IN IT, AND THEN IT TAKES ON ANOTHER DIMENSION, OF CARNALITY, MERCHANDISING AND PERSONAL PRIDE AND SUPERIORITY, BUT THANK GOD THERE ARE STILL "PROPHETS" ASSIGNED TO BOLDLY GO IN AND EXPOSE,CORRECT AND REALIGN EVEN THESE. ONE CLEAR WARNING RGARDING THE AUTHENTICITY OF TRUE PROPHET IS THE LEVEL OF HUMILITY AND CAUTION THEY OPERATE IN, BECAUSE THOSE WHO ARE GENUIELY CALLED "FROM THE FIRE" SOBERLY UNDERSTAND THE DELICACY AND YET THE "POTENCY' OF THEIR ASSIGNMENT AND THEY APPROACH IT IN LIKE MANNER. WHEN YOU SEE THOSE WHO ARE ARROGANTLY, AND BOASTFULLY EAGER TO BE ON DISPLAY OR "SHOW EVERYBODY WHAT THEY ARE WORKING WITH" , MARK THAT PERSON AND RECEIVE NOTHING FROM THEM I N HASTE, BECAUSE THE HAVE NOT BEEN PROCESSED, AND NOR DO THEY THOROUGHLY UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OR ADMINISTRATION OF THE "CALL". THIS IS NOT A MINISTRY THAT YOU SEEK OUT OR "COVET",OR APPROACH CASUALLY, BECAUSE IT INVLOVES GREAT SUFFERING, SACRIFICE, AND PERSECUTION, AND BECAUSE YOU RECOGNIZE YOUR ACCOUNTABILITY AND REPONSIBILITY FOR EVERY UTTERANCE.
Hello Sister Brignac:

Galatians
1. Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
10. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

15. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16. To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
17. Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

I find in today’s time there is so much error in man’s teachings (especially in America) it is hard to find a true Teacher, Prophet or Apostle of God that hasn’t strayed from the very principles of God. Thus one would receive teaching with a little or a lot of leaven if one isn’t careful. Again, Jesus said my sheep hear my voice & another they will not follow. The Lord is very capable as long as he has a true listener & follower. Teaching can be sought but is not a necessity according to God. Many are not being sent by God but by self or man and in some cases, Satan. The bible even speaks of false teachers. Also, please note that I am referencing the teaching of Prophets and or Apostles, not teaching in general as for lay members.
You quote only chapter one, but chapter two shows you that three Apostles had to give him the "right hand of fellowship", which was a validation and affirmation of his ministry and calling. This was for the people to recognize. He didn't step out to the Gentiles until then.
I HEAR THAT.
EMW, IT'S HARD NOT TO BE SKEPTICAL REGARDING ANYTHINGI N THE BODY OF CHRIST, ISN'T IT? IT ONLY CONFIRMS THE SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS "RELIGION" HAS US IN. THRU IT ALL, GOD HAS BLESSED EACH OF US WITH AN "ANOINTING TO "KNOW", AND A SENSITIVITY TO "KNOW THE DIFFERENCE", IF WE SPEND TIME WITH HIM AND ALLOW HIM TO ACTIVATE AND NURTURE IT. YOU AND THE MAN OF GOD MAINTAIN YOUR WATCH, AND KEPP THEM ON THEIR TOES! LOL
Rest Of GOD & EW, please pay close attention:

In the court of law, a direct quote of what a person says is absolutely necessary so not to wrongfully accuse someone. In such debates, it is not only necessary, but shows respect for those you are communicating with (at least from my perspective). I have asked for a response to what I asked, and have even BEGGED to be quoted on things that I am accused of saying which are false. No response to any have been presented. Am I to continue to answer the questions of those that refuse to give the same common courtesy?

I have been accused of saying that JESUS needed to operate under another's authority when I CLEARLY said validation, not authority, and continued on to say "Validation has nothing to do with authority." The ONLY reason why HE would use John is because John would readily refuse to do it on the grounds that he wasn't worthy of baptizing the LORD.

"Your request for scripture showing that Jesus didn't need man's validation for the Call of a Prophet has been provided."

This was NOT my request at all. That wasn't anyone request but yours own desire to prove!

"The scriptures you provided are not for the office of PROPHET. You provided scriptures showing man ordaining kings, ministers, etc. But not Prophets."

ALL the people I showed in the scriptures I placed up there were Apostles and Prophets: Joshua, Elisha, Elijah, King Saul, Apostle Paul, the Twelve Apostles, and Titus.

Now, I asked for this and only this:

-QUOTE ME as to where I said you don't need GOD to be HIS Prophet,

-QUOTE SCRIPTURE as to where you do not need training from men (more than one verse please, because a doctrine cannot be built on one verse, but a cult can),

-QUOTE SCRIPTURE as to where you do not need ordination here by men of GOD (again, more than one verse please),

ANYTHING else is NOT my request.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service