When seeing and attending the confirmation services of Bishops by an organization, I am seeing women who are being ordained as Bishops.  I have read and studied the office of Bishop and have not understood nor found any of the ceremonial ordinations of women as Bishops, nor in God's Word have I found anything on women as Bishops.

1 Timothy 3 is the specific chapter speaking on the Office and Qualifications of the Bishop.  Is a Bishop also an Overseer or Superintendent or Elder or Chief Elder? 

Now, the Word of God, KJV, states "...If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.  A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) Not as a novice [one newly come to the faith], lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil..."  1 Timothy 3:1-7

As the head of his household, he is to plan, protect, and provide for his household which includes stewardship as he "ruleth well his own house..." (Titus 1:7).  We are to follow the Shepherd and Bishop of our souls, Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:25).

This scripture, literally, is speaking of a man.  Any thoughts?

Views: 973

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I misspelled "Catholicism"... Sorry! LOL...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service