H7676
שׁבּת
shabbâth
shab-bawth'
Intensive from H7673; intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: - (+ every) sabbath.

This time of year there are groups who want to remind us of the commercialization of December 25th.
Other who want to point out the obvious,
1. Jesus could not have been born on December 25th
2. This was Saturnalia, a pagan festival
Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
We are all familiar with this command, it does not say Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
By definition sabbath is an INTERMISSION, a rest,

We need to get over the petty nonsense and worship our Lord.
It don't matter if you went in debt buying stuff.
It don't matter if the Romans first had Saturnalia.
It don't matter about the tree.
It don't matter about the pretty wrapped boxes.

All that matters is that you have an INTERMISSION in your life to worship your Lord.
So you went to church on Sunday; now your through, you can not do it again on Friday?

Jesus is the reason for the season.

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You need to read what you have written.
You labeled yourself I did not. Israelite.
I do read and comprehend.
I am an Israelite by nationality, but an a Christian by doctrine. You are an Israelite, but you just don't know it. Read deuteronomy 28
Do you even listen to yourself?

You said "WE ARE TOLD...." exactly. YHWH told us when to keep shabbat. He told us which six days we were to work on. He told us which day to rest on. Sunset friday to sunset saturday is the 7th day. That is the days YHWH made FOR rest. That is its purpose. It was SET APART for that purpose.

now.... WHO TOLD YOU to celebrate Christmas? WHO? And where can I find this in the bible?
Me too. I want to know where it is in the Bible, so that I may do it, and obey.
If they could show me where in the bible this is commanded of us I would rewind time, go back to yesterday, and celebrate it harder and better than any of them. Even the pagans would complain that I was doing their practices better than them. And while I was at it I would find other pagan practices to do on December 25th since that's all it is; an orgy of paganism.

But alas... I don't think they can find anything like that in the bible.

But since they don't live by the bible it doesn't really matter to them.

Right, rev?
But at the end of the day its just like I told newview.... Some of yall JUST DON'T CARE. At the end of the day you don't care. You just want to do whatever you want and whatever feels good that you think you can get away with. Did the Israelites who worshiped the golden calf get away with it? Naw, they died. But their worship of the golden calf was based on one thing.

And that was their weak faith in YHWH.

For those who have a weak faith in YHWH this attitude of not caring is par for the course.
BruthaZeal---this attitude of not caring is par for the course.////"to be expected"and that is a hole in one

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service