It vex my spirit everytime I here a preacher curse, I was in service lifting up the Lord and hearing the word of the Lord and all of a sudden during a sermon someone told their testimony and said the "B" word. In church service, and guess what, people was standing up clapping. I looked at the people with a sadden look on my face; hurt because we can do better.

Views: 440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What about this one Rev. Luckett, Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. (Ps 34:13) Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings (1Peter 2:1)

For even hereunto were ye called; because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: (1Peter 2:21-23)
For he that will love life. and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile (1Peter 3:10)
Let Jesus be praised in Jesus name amen.
Ive heard anger, malice, blasphemy, and filthy communication (gossiping) without a cuss word mention.

Let us all just be careful of what comes out of our mouths!
I think also God is more concerned with what is NOT coming out of our mouths...
Amen Brother, Amen!
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bro. Newman
Don't think I stuttered:

Mat 5:2 "and he opened his mouth and taught them, saying....."

See what your Lord and Savior (really just most folx savior, definitely not their Lord) and watch what happens when one opens up their mouf and see the consequences of speaking, not talking, but SPEAKING the things of God in the harvest. After Matthew 5:2 and after he opend up His mouf, He didn't shut up until 3 chapters later, see all that red in your Bibles after that? Again He wasn't crucified by holding His tongue but what His tongue SPOKE and He spoke powerfully with great authority against this earthly kingdom and confronted many Pharisees and never held His tongue in order to be a friend of this world. What about you?

Mat 7:28 "And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished these words, the multitudes were astonished at his teaching: "
Mat 7:29 "for he taught them as one having authority, and not as their scribes".

And Soon after Jesus 'opened up His mouf', they the scribes and pharisee's seeked to plan His death!

So if your opening up YOUR MOUF, and speaking the things of God that the same world that seeked to kill Him will no doubt seek to kill you. So who's seeking to kill you? What gov't is seeking to kill you like they killed all the prophets and Christ and those who have been martyred for their faith????? So what are you not saying if your not being persecuted for righteousness sakes that is measured as a gift to you those who speak the truth's of God for their daily dose of persecution. Where is your cross that you and me were commanded to pick up, deny self and follow Christ, even if it means to our own death!

SO WHAT ARE WE NOT SAYING????
I have too.
Amen Doretta.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service