In 1980 I was stationed at Kunsan Air Base in South Korea. While there I heard a Baptist preacher tell a group in Bible study that “all roads lead to Rome” meaning every religion can get you to heaven. I was a new believer, but I knew this was wrong! I challenged him, because NO ONE else would say a word. He was a popular preacher and I was a new convert so you can imagine whose side everyone lined up on. My point is this, when you hear false preaching or teaching SAY SOMETHING! The Apostle Paul was the new kid on the block (Read Galatians) yet he challenged and corrected the Chief Apostle Peter for treating the Gentile believers wrong.
Ministers are NOT infallible, only the Word of God is! No matter how popular or how powerful a preacher is, they are NOT above reproach!

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brother, What is false doctrine?
Anything that doesn't acknowlege the diety and Lordship of jesus Christ and the fact that we are saved by GRACE through FAITH!
The Lord is not a diety. We are saved if we repent, and turn to Christ, and keep his commandments. This is the way to make a difference from the sinner, and the Saint. His commandments are not hard to keep. It is your own mind that makes it hard. If you just obey the commandments as if it were the commandments of your parents, they are not hard to keep.. Is it hard not to steal? Is it hard not to Lie? It is a struggle at first, but if you are committed to doing what the Lord say, then they will get easier. Is it hard to not go in the back door, and sleep with your neighbor's wife? Is it hard not to covet you neighbors belongings? Is it hard not to kill? Is it hard not to have any other God's before the Most High YHWH? Is it hard to not make graven images, and picutres, and call it YHWH? Is it hard not to eat Pork, shrimp, Rabbit, and any beast that does not chew the cud, or is clovenfooted, or parteth the hoof? Is it hard to keep the Passover, Feast of Unleavened Bread. Feast of Pentecost, Feast of the Memorial Blowing of the Trumpets, The Day of Atonement, The Feast of Tabernacles? Is it hard to not do Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, Halloween, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's day, the New Year in January etc...? This is what divides you from the world, and what the world does. May the Lord open your sleeping eyes....
Jesus is Deity (God) John 1:1
We are NOT saved because we repent, we can only truly repent AFTER we accept Jesus by faith, you do NOT have the strength to repent without FIRST giving your heart to JESUS!
Salvation by grace through faith is what caused Martin Luther to start the first reformation, we have departed from this in a great way. The doctrine of salvation through grace and faith has to be the preeminent prime directive for the church. Paul said it best in Romans 1:16, “For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation, to the Jew first and to the Gentile.” We must rally around the Gospel of Christ as our anthem and battle cry. Paul also said, “Woe unto me if I preach not the Gospel.” What is the Gospel? It isn’t politics, it isn’t prosperity, and it isn’t divine healing or speaking in tongues. These things have their place but they cannot replace the simplicity of the Gospel. Jesus came to save the world! Salvation is a free gift that is for all that desire it. This is what Martin Luther nearly died to protect. Paul did die to protect this doctrine! All of the disciples died for this message of hope in Christ. Let us not stain their memory by dividing over things that don’t impact salvation. Salvation of the soul is the main issue, what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul. Eternity is a long time, Insuring people spend it with the Lord is more important than insuring they have wealth!
You are a Catholic Brother Mark, and you don't even know it..
"For by GRACE you have been saved through FAITH; and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God; not as result of WORKS, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for GOOD WORKS, which God PREPARED BEFOREHAND so that we would WALK IN THEM." (Ephesians 2:8-10}

The Bible makes it clear that you can only be saved by God's grace by putting your faith in the sacrifice of Jesus not in your own righteous deeds. The Scriptures assert that all have sinned and are guilty before God. No amount of Commandment keeping can save you because Commandment keeping cannot remove sin nor the penalty of committing sin. So it is clear that all people are in need of a Savior to save them for they cannot save themselves from the penalty and judgment of Hell. Without salvation a person is literally on death row awaiting execution.
What is Grace?
You tell me? I know what grace is!
What is it then? Aren't you a Preacher?
What is grace? In the New Testament grace means God’s love in action towards men who merited the opposite of love. Grace means God moving heaven and earth to save sinners who could not lift a finger to save themselves. Grace means God sending His only Son to descend into hell on the cross so that we guilty ones might be reconciled to God and received into heaven. ‘(God) hath made him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.’[2 Cor. 5:21]
Now what is YOUR definition of "grace", come I can't wait to hear it!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service