This is something that has been given to me, and i hope each of you are blessed by it.

“How you gonna come over here and try to tell me something when you doin’ the same exact thang? I don’t wanna hear it. Get out my face! You Christians always be trying to judge people. Don’t judge me. You know what the bible says, judge ye not, lest you be judged. And he who has not sinned, let him cast the first stone. Ain’t nobody perfect and we all fall short of the glory of God. So get the plank out yo own eye, before you come over here trying to get something outta mine. Get yo own life straight first, before you come get all up in mines!”

(Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:37, Luke ..6:41..-42, John 8:1-11, Romans 2:1-3, Romans ..3:10.., Romans ..3:23..)

Christians, who may be living a more presentable lifestyle to God than sinners, are quick to point out others’ misdeeds. Non-believers or so-called Christians, on the other hand, who are guilty of their sins, are quick to jump to a Bible scripture that tells fellow believers not to judge them. Though both the believers and non-believers are doing what’s right, they are also, however, doing what’s wrong. Let’s see what we are doing right and wrong.

Right/Wrong

For Believers

“2 Corinthians 5:10-11: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that everyone may receive what is due them for the things that they have done while in the body, whether good or bad. Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade people.”

(We try to persuade people to do what is good because we know the righteousness of God and that they will be judged for all the wrong that they do if they don’t repent. BUT, we are not to FORCE righteousness on them or be mean to them or try to play GOD and judge them for what they do, because Romans 2:4 says “God’s kindness is intended to lead men to repent.” Romans 14 says, “Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master they will stand or fall. For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat and give an account of our own selves to God.)

Galatians 6:1-2 Sisters and brothers, if someone is caught up in a sin, then you, who live by the Spirit, should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

(We help others so that we can fulfill the law “Love our neighbors.” And we do this when it is not an inconvenience to us. BUT, if we see someone sinning, and don’t try to help restore him or her, then we will be like a citizen who witnessed a victim being mistreated by a convict and asked us to help them, yet did nothing about it nor told authorities about it. We could face interrogation from the police to see what we knew about the incident. Similarly, the person’s blood could be on our hands during our judgment from God, if God told us to restore that person yet we didn’t.)

Ephesians ..4:15.. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the head, that is, Christ.

(When we minister to others, we are to preach to them in love. BUT, we must remember that we are not judging them, but confronting them as a sister or brother about what they are doing, so they may come into the light of Jesus Christ and know the truth. John 3:17 says, “For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” And Jesus says in John 8:15, “You judge by human standards, but I pass judgment on no one.”)

Ephesians 5:8 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

(When we expose the fruitless deeds of darkness that others commit, we are simply bringing the dark deeds into the light, so that it may be seen as what it is, fruitless, or not righteous to God’s sight. BUT, we are not, however, to ask or get into fine details about what the person has done. “For we know that it is shameful to even mention what the disobedient do in secret. -Ephesians 5:12” Let what ever they have done be know by them, who they have done it with, and by God. Let us avoid vain conversations that will lead to more ungodliness. We are to just give them the Truth. Ephesians 4:29 says, “Do not let any unwholesome or corrupt talk come out of your mouths, only what is helpful or good for the use of edifying or building up others according to their needs, that it may benefit or minister grace to those who are listening.”)

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that all God’s people may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Galatians 2:14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, “You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

(A possible non-believer’s interpretation: When I saw that they were not living up to the religion that they were trying to preach, I said to them, “You are a Christian, yet you live as if you were not saved and not as a Christian. How is it, then, that you try to force non-believers to follow yours Christian traditions?)

Summary

For Non-believers or convicted Christians:

James 1:19-22 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because our anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. Do not merely be a listener to the word, but be a doer also.

(When being approached about your behavior, don’t feel as if you are being judged; take it as if you are being held accountable. Realize that sometimes, when you are being spoken to, that it is not from that person’s will that they are talking to you. Sometimes God tells them to talk to you. So, take the advice that you are being given, and grow from that. Learn from your mistakes. Know that others are watching you, and that by your fruits shall you been known. It is better for a fellow believer or wise man to approach you and correct you than for you to not know, and then be held accountable by God on Judgment Day.)

For believers or upright Christians:

Let us be like Paul who was said to have, in Acts 28:31, “Proclaimed the Kingdom of God.... and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ—with all boldness and without hindrance!”

Let us hold firm to Romans 1:16 and be unashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes.

Titus 1:13 Rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 Preach the word; be prepared in and out of season; correct, rebuke, and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

BUT

Non-believers or convicted Christians shouldn’t feel hatred or condemnation when being confronted because we are supposed to preach to them in love, peace, patience, kindness, self-control, and faithfulness. And the one who is confronting them, should not be one who is doing the same things that they are doing. How can you tell someone that what they are doing is wrong, or try to get someone to follow Christianity, if you yourself are not acting like a Christian nor doing what is right?

1 Timothy 4:12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity.

Titus 2:7-8 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness, and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.

Titus ..2:15.. These are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with authority. [But] Do not let anyone despise you.

Live a life worthy of the gospel. Be careful of how you live your life. You may be the only Bible people may ever read. Remember that a gospel lived is better than a gospel preached. That is why it is said in Matthew 5:13-16, “You are the salt of the earth. Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. It is easier for people to see your good fruits or deeds than for them to hear them.

1 Timothy 4:15-16 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Even the wise can be lead astray,trying to rebruke everything(titus2;15),as mentioned can lead to the invitation of outright disobedience to the Lord!Galatians6;12, tells us,over coversating with a fool leads you into temptation,and before you know it,you're what you despise!
sociology 1,o,1"
This is all true what you have stated man, but not to be funny, but how is this relevant to the topic ? I slighty feel your drift, but yes the bible speaks about conversing with a fool, but the bible does tell us this in Galatians 6:12, However the bible says that the holy spirit will sustain you. So if we are going to the individual to correct or reprove them, we must go with the spirit of God. See, it's one thing to be confronted with temptation, but its another thing to act or respond on it, or act ignorantly towards it, or fall into it. Thats why we keep ourselves under full submission of the holy spirit and realize and be mindful of how we correct or reprove. See thats where it comes into play how strong and effective you are in ministry because when the spirit of God is with you and giving you the words to say then you cannot go wrong. See we cannot get upset when someone doesn't recieve what we have to say from God, the bible says to shake the dust off of our feet and keep walking. After you have corrected or reproved or done what God has told you then thats all you're required to do. Us as men and woman of God need to learn to stop trying to convince people of what the word says and the truth, and start to tell them, and be done with it. Give them scriptural backing and disect it, and your job is done. But in response to your comment, You've just got to know who you are in God and understand that we cannot reach everyone, it would be some that we can reacha nd some that we cannot reach but we really have to keep ourselves in tact and with the spirit of God when ministering.Another thing, It's not all about rebuking, It is about bringing people into the knowledge of the truth,a nd the correct revelation associated with it. Thanks Man For The Reply.
And a correction in this blog, The bible says that when we come into the knowledge of the truth then we are held accountable, So we wont be held accountable of anything that we do and dont know that its wrong. Again this is something that was sent to me, so i have found one thing that i didn't agree with in the blog.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service