Was Eddie Long ever convicted of a crime?

Was he ever proven guilty of doing anything?

I'm not trying to take his side in the matter because I don't know the man. I know he was accused of sexually abusing four young men in his youth ministry. The key word here ACCUSED.

Anyone can be accused of anything. I personally know below middle class folks who are accused of a felony 5 & sit in the county for a couple of months before a court date because they can't afford to bail out or an attorney. They walk in court with a public defender & plea to a misdemeanor 1 charge because they know they will be released from the county that day, if they plea not guilty they will sit in the county for another 3 to 4 months until trial.  Suing is not an option because they're broke & even far worst off than before because they were held in the county for a very long time. It happens everyday in a lot of States in America. It's folks that are accused of a very serious crime & it's played out in the media & public court before it hits a court room. One or both of the folks involved are famous. One of them is losing a lot of money because their main source of raising money is their character & that's being questioned. So what do they do? Guilty or not they pay the person to put the matter behind them & get a negative image out of the media so they can start making money again. Than we find out that the person who took the dough wasn't honest in their accusations. I'm not saying that's what happened, but the victims IN THIS CASE TOOK THE MONEY & never went forward with trying to convict someone they accused of sexually abusing them. What about the victims before them or after them? They could have still sued for money after they put someone they accused of manipulating his ministry, a predator in a sense, behind bars. I guess justice was receiving money & anyone else that was or could be a victim isn't their problem.   

Did Eddie Long bring this matter on his self by driving a $350,000 luxury Bentley & living in a  $1.4 million six-bedroom, nine-bath home on 20 acres in Lithonia? Sure, a person can drive what ever they want & live where ever they please, it's not my money he's spending therefore that's none of my business. I hate when folks talk about other people money as if their providing for that person. But I wonder, if Eddie Long drove a Ford pick-up & lived in a $350,000 home would he have the same problems? Black folks are just like everyone else in this world they see someone making a large amount of money & what ever that person is selling they're buying & all aboard for the ride. So if Eddie Long drove a Ford pick-up or lived in a $350,000 home his church wouldn't have grown form a 300 member church to a 30,000 member megachurch. In a sense, Eddie & others are no different from inner city hustlers that want a music career & a luxury car, let's face it, if record labels didn't o.k. the approval of a Bentley for a video shoot in a rap video, black folks wouldn't feel like they need it. So Eddie & others clearly understand the value of having a Bentley & how much dough they can make from folks that will follow them like the rappers. In fact, the mentality is the same because Eddie & others have a music publishing company. My point? Influence, the influence money has  over others is nothing new, money can blind folks into being manipulated, manipulated maybe like the young victims that accused Eddie Long.

When you make statements like this, "We're not just a church, we're an international corporation, " Long said. "We're not just a bumbling bunch of preachers who can't talk and all we're doing is baptizing babies. I deal with the White House. I deal with Tony Blair. I deal with presidents around this world. I pastor a multimillion-dollar congregation. "You've got to put me on a different scale than the little black preacher sitting over there that's supposed to be just getting by because the people are suffering."

Do the lil' black teacher teach the word of God?

Than what's wrong with that?

Eddie Long statements seem like he only has a desire to be wealthy & famous, a SUPERSTAR. It make me wonder how much was Jesus Christ worth before he was crucified?

I'm not sure if Eddie's wife will move foreword with him or without him, that's none of my business, 21 years of marriage is worth fighting for, but Eddie is going to have to humble himself because he built the wall he just crashed into.

Yours truly,

Anthony Smith

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is true Rev. Watson, but will you answer my frustrated question for me.  I think you will have something to say.

In Love Sister Denise

Bro. Smith I am not getting your post.  But as far as 21 years of marriage is worth fighting for.....I beg the differ IF you have a husband that will defile your bed, meaning he has no regard for your life albeit with a male or female and if that fight will consist of him humbling himself and it don't look like he want to give up that leadership role and be just another true disciple without the prestige-then I could see the wife being forgiving.  He is taking time to fix his family...he has enough now that he can take care of his family and get out of the lime light, but for some reason he cannot see another person filling that position, when the position is not what God is looking at, it is the heart of a man, which his seem to be deceptive.  Because when it first came out, he said he was going to fight...like David I believe....but he took the high road and paid, to protect what?  And if Eddie drove a pick up and didn't take any money from the church, he would still be looked at as a man accused sleeping with other men and that is not a look any REAL man would want to be accused of and if they where....it would have been a total different outcome.  As a matter of fact it wouldn't even stick.  He was questionable, because this was not the first time something like this was said and it was swept away with money.

In Love Sister Denise

Mrs. Jones, I'm not here to protect or defend Eddie Long. I just stated at the time what I was thinking. My point? Influence, the influence money has  over others is nothing new, money can blind folks into being manipulated, manipulated maybe like the young victims that accused Eddie Long, if you remember I stated. To be personal I can careless, I have other problems in my life, I have a Scottish Rite Mason & a paid federal informant trying to set me at Cleveland, Ohio & where I work out everyday at Cleveland State University Rec. It's been going on for over 8 years. And believe me, the Scottish Rite Mason that work for the federal government belong to a fraternity & the cousin of the paid federal Informant work for the State or federal government & she's a Alpha Kappa Alpha. So my problems is bigger than Eddie Long. I may do six months to a year behind this. It's all here sister Jones, but you can't make sense out of this thread than you want make sense out of this one either. Here->http://www.whosarat.websitetoolbox.com/post/Confidential-Source-557...

I'm not here to protect or defend Eddie Long sister Jones. I just stated at the time what I was thinking. If you remember I stated my point that influence money has over others is nothing new, money can blind folks into being manipulated, manipulated maybe like the young victims that accused Eddie Long. To be personal I can careless, I have other problems in my life, I have a white Scottish Rite mason & a paid federal informant trying to set me up in Cleveland, Ohio, especially where I work out everyday at Cleveland State University Rec. It's been going on for over 8 years. And believe me, the white Scottish Rite mason that work for the federal government belong to a fraternity & the cousin of the paid federal informant work for the State or federal government & she's an Alpha Kappa Alpha. So my problems is bigger than Eddie Long. I may do six months to a year behind this. It's all here, but if you can't make sense out of this thread than you want make sense out of this one either. Here->http://www.whosarat.websitetoolbox.com/post/Confidential-

Bishop Eddie Long put himself in this because he believed he was above the punishment of God.

I don't know WHY these men and women get so high in God they believe that the Bible does not apply to them.

Did not the Word say He would uncover our nakedness?!

I been telling people about Long since the mid-90's and NOBODY believed me until this mess came out.

I may seem like my mind is going but trust me I know what I see, hear and feel.

MarQ, I don't know what happened in the 90's, but I think you're right that Eddie put himself in this situation. Most folks with money feel they are above punishment or judgement, the power can seem God like because of the control you can have over others & you put the ministry in it & the social authority, manipulation becomes enormous.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service