Is your church teaching Gods commandments or man's traditions. Yes, I am aware that some traditions are to be passed down from generation to generation. But here lately I am hearing a lot more about what seems right unto man and not what God said in his word. Be careful! Are you looking for religion or salvation there is a difference?

Views: 1253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mr. Watchman writes:" Romans 12 --- Do not Conform to the ways of This World...
but be ye transformed'... from what exactly?...Possible answer:::>...from your evil inclination { Hebrew= Yetzer harah] to a higher self through Torah study... All Paul is teaching is elementary / superficial reasoning..more of a Tanya concept of the Psychology of the soul or in even simpler terms dealing with the Self- nullification journey.....something rare these day's. ~~
Mr. Watchman writes:
Very simple: Yeshua(Jesus) told us: I did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill.
Mattithyahu is correct in this instance: that a pious benevolent Jew /Sage/Hasidim would do just that~ Obedience to the Torah is first and foremost...And yes the children have been led astray... Yeshua Never stated he was the same yesterday today and forever..Paul stated that if I am remembering correctly: Unfortunately the religion known as christology takes a simple man and brings him to a Hellenistic finish of being a g-d<>
A real man or watchman deals only with the G-d breathed Torah...nothing else.

So lets study and get back to basics:
the bible was penned by 42 mason charted under the grand wizard king james ---resulting in the creation of the kvj bible---
are u saying that the entire translation crew was fiilled with the holy ghost...
Mr. council writes:"are u saying that the entire translation crew was fiilled with the holy ghost...

Actually only one of there selected scholars was Jewish..unfortunately before the final selection of these men mostly from the Imperial church of Rome's dogma...the only Jew with Torah correctness..died.
Therefore there was no balance and serious deficiencies exist between the Torah of the Hebrews and the Christian version slanting some texts to superficially show that Yeshua is the one to stop all the sinning...well he failed because people are still doing that..and as far as coming back He had his chance to go out and repair the world~~~~ Now it is up to us to grow up into the full stature of the Man the Adam-Qadmon.

All of which would be fixed If the children who say they follow in the teachings of Yeshua ~should walk and study as he did..as any pious benevolent Hasid does even unto this day.
They go study with the Sages of renown who have the received traditions handed down from Has Sinai.
Interesting as My study buddy Steven and I were just dealing with Paul:

Steven writes:"Let me deal with the subject of Paul before going any further.

For those who haven't read "Paul and Rabbinic Judaism: Some Rabbinic Elements in Pauline Theology," by W.D. Davies, I can only beg you to purchase this book and read it over and over, until you've made a thorough study of it.

Yes, Paul spoke and wrote in Greek. Yes, he was born in Tarsus, but by his own admission he was raised in Jerusalem and his primary language was Hebrew. Even if he'd been raised in a Greek speaking household, he'd have started learning the Hebrew of the Tanakh at the age of five like every other child living in a Torah-observant home.

At the very least, PLEASE read, "The Jewish People in the First Century: Historical Geography, Political History, Social, Cultural and Religious Life and Institutions," especially Chapter 19, "Education and the Study of the Torah," by Prof. Shmuel Safrai, pp. 945-970. This book is an absolute MUST READ and is well worth the money you'll spend in order to have a copy in your personal library!

Yes, Paul apparently triggered a ruckus (in Acts 21). Yes, Paul's head was shaved, making him look like an Egyptian, but it was his command of Greek, while addressing the Chief Captain, that led to the false assumption that he was "that Egyptian." In short, it was Paul's question spoken in Greek, his shaved head and the ruckus itself, that caused the Chief Captain to mistake him for "that Egyptian."

Yes, Paul was well versed in Rabbinic concepts and he spoke and thought in Hebrew, which was his mother language, but he also understood and wrote in Greek. That's why Dr. Blizzard and other notable scholars are of the considered opinion that Paul was one of the 500 disciples that Rabbi Gamaliel the Elder - before he became Rabban Gamaliel - had studying the Torah and the Greek wisdom literature.

See further, Talmud Babli, Sotah 49b; "Jewish Multilingualism In The First Century: An Essay In Historical Sociolinguistics," by Bernard Spolsky (of Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan), which can be found in "Readings in the Sociology of Jewish Languages" edited by Joshua A. Fishman, Leiden: E.J. Brill - 1985, pp. 35-49.

These Jewish disciples of Rabbi Gamaliel the Elder were studying the Greek wisdom literature, possibly in order to serve as Emissaries (Sh'liachim - Apostles) of the House of Hillel to the Diasporic Jews, but most definitely in order to function as Hillelite liaisons to the Roman authorities. Such individuals served on numerous delegations that were sent forth to the Romans in order to speak on behalf of the Jewish people in general and the religious Jews in particular.

See also, "Akiba: Scholar, Saint and Martyr" and "The Pharisees: The Sociological Background of Their Faith (2 Vols)," by Rabbi Prof. Louis Finkelstein.

Rabbi Gamaliel took a lot of flak from the Ultra-Conservative Jews for this bold move in allowing his disciples to actually study the Greek wisdom literature, because the House of Shammai had a strong aversion to Hellenism and a deep-seated hatred of Gentiles. In other words, they were advancing the same kind of Separatist anti-Gentilism and anti-Secularism that one sees exhibited by so many Ultra-Conservatives (Haredim) in Israel today.

Personally, I understand where these Haredim are coming from, but I prefer and appreciate the loving approach to non-Jews and Secular Jews that's being employed by Rabbi Lazer Brody and Rabbi Shalom Arush and their disciples.  IMO, the Breslov are the spiritual heirs of the House of Hillel and they are precious jewels in the crown of Hasidic Judaism.

At some point, during his Hillelite education, Shaul the P'rushi was apparently seduced by the anti-Gentilism and anti-Hellenism espoused by the House of Shammai. This is why Shaul consented to the stoning of Stephen, who was functioning as a Worker of Righteousness to the Grecian widows, who'd complained that only the Hebrew widows were being favored with the charitable distributions made by Yeshua's Jewish disciples.

It was this kind of pro-Gentile attitude and this seemingly liberal stance toward Hellenists, that moved the House of Shammai to usurp control of the Religious Sanhedrin of Seventy-One via a coup de main in circa 20-10 BCE. At that time, the House of Shammai wanted to enact Eighteen Measures in opposition to the halakhot (religio-legal rulings) and ethical leanings and loving ways of the House of Hillel. These Eighteen Articles created an unprecedented and economically oppresive degree of separation between Jews and non-Jews. Per the worldview of the House of Shammai, the Gerim Toshav (Repentant Gentiles), who didn't become full-converts to Judaism were unacceptable company for any Torah-observant Jew to keep.  Additionally, working for and doing business with such individuals and other non-Jews was deemed improper and any hint of Hellenistic pollution were to be eschewed at all costs!

See further, "Jesus the Pharisee: A New Look at the Jewishness of Jesus" by Rabbi Harvey Falk.

The bottom line is this.... Making Paul out to be the villain and perpetuating the erroneous belief that he was the creator of what has wrongly been called "Pauline Christianity," does the historical man and his work among the non-Jews a grave disservice. Further, it's not his writings or the Greek language he used that are to blame for all the confusion and disinformation that's out there.

The real problem is the Christian and Gnostic interpretation of Paul's writings, which are rooted in the ideas and beliefs that were advanced by his many and varied proto-Gnostic opponents. It's not Paul's Greek, but rather the failure of Paul's readers to understand the Rabbinic concepts that he was attempting to convey by deferring to the Greek of the Septuagint, which was considered to be an authorative translation of the Tanakh by the Jews themselves!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Purchase and study "Paul & the Gnostics" by Walter Schmithals and get yourself a copy of Thayer's Greek Lexicon and the "Interlinear Greek-English New Testament" by George Ricker Berry, which has all the variant readings of the different versions of the Textus Receptus that have been published from 1550 to 1870! Prof. Schmithals uses Greek liberally and without translating the Greek into English. So, you'll need a command of Greek or the ability to find out what these Greek words mean.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Stop making Paul out to be the bad guy. He had no doctrinal falling out with Ya'akov or the other immediate disciples of Yeshua. He was the victim of the rumors and lies that were being spread by his proto-Gnostic opponents and the Jewish Hellenists, who rejected him out of hand and weren't interested in Chasidic-Separatism or Yeshua's Kingdom-Repentance Movement in the first place!

Yes, Paul's writings contain a few unfortunate redactions and interpolations, but only because Paul's letters were compiled and edited by Christian copists, who had no clue about the Rabbinic concepts behind Paul's choice of Greek words. It's not the writings that are at fault!  Rather, the obstacle is the lack of scholarship and the doctrinal bias of those who refuse to place this material back into its proper historical, linguistic and cultural context.

~~~
And that is where we are seekers of historical truth We just need to put things back into the proper perspective...Shalom Aleichem
This one reads the Right way
http://www.artscroll.com/stonetanach.html

Years in the making, and worth every moment…

All 24 books of the Torah, Prophets, and Writings are now at your fingertips in one magnificent 2,200 page volume, as interpreted by the classic sages of Talmudic and Rabbinic literature.
This
is a remarkable achievement. It enables everyone to obtain a basic knowledge
of the entire Tanach from "In the beginning" to the return
to Eretz Yisrael. For home, for office, for synagogue, for gifts —
this is an indispensable Book for the People of the Book.

Edited by Rabbi Nosson Scherman in collaboration with an international team of scholars.

http://www.ou.org/about/judaism/tanakh.htm
Mr Watchman:Michael is neo Karite...Makes a mockery out of the refinement of the Sages..Foolish at best and not an Orthodox Jew or anything to do with the Hebrew Nation an Impostor as is James Trimm and Moshie K' from Florida and all their Polygamy teachings.

Stick with the Breslav http://www.breslev.co.il/default.aspx?language=english
Or here http://lazerbrody.typepad.com/
or http://Chabad.org
http://www.puretorah.com/70-difficult-questions.php
http://www.britam.org/
http://www.ou.org/

Hope that helps:
Amen
Like that Pyramid (mans law) the inverted pyramid (Gods' law, the servant leader model Jesus Amen) and The Cross (Life Eternal over Death). The world model with the leader on top and everybody else beneath is ^ Jesus flpped the Apex . Stay Blessed Watchman like Nee...
I just a simple messenger trying to connect our people. God gave us a brain, limbs, five senses to follow his way and teaching, including the Old Testament!!!

Black People Enrich Everyone except Themselves!!! I love the old way things were done and will hold dear to my heart--the community took care of one another. It is time that we Unite again in this fashion and enrich and empower our communities.
Mrs Friday writes:"G-d gave us a brain, limbs, five senses to follow his way and teaching, including the Old Testament!!!

Black People Enrich Everyone except Themselves!!! I love the old way things were done and will hold dear to my heart--the community took care of one another. It is time that we Unite again in this fashion and enrich and empower our communities.
Ah...Bingo it is about community..( not colour-nor arrogance as some would teach).it is about your rich Hebrew based culture before the diaspora...when we were as a culture One in the Divine.~~~~~The Original TaNaKh which reads slightly different from your OT ~~
The English version....Misses the very nature of Ha'Shem and the giving of Torah to the Hebrew People and the stranger with them, not just for Israel but more-so for the seventy nations of the world. (Ref:Temple offerings for the Nations) IMHO, having explored thousands of writings of historical benefit; I suggest that before six generations of washing you from your original roots as slaves {Unless it was with a Hebrew Owner as they had to keep Torah correct as to the people they employed VS: those gentiles (mostly Portuguese and Dutch) who treated people like cargo and base creatures who initiated the slave trade}. http://shekinahlife.ning.com/group/afrikanredemption It is also my opinion that we are in a paradigm shift of greater knowledge...that HaShem is opening our eyes to hundreds of years of lies and in some cases a thousand years of misconstruted religious fabrications that continue to keep people en-slaved in their minds and failing to grow up into the full-stature of the one man / the Adam Qadmon or the Messiah within or as the Rabbi Yeshua tried to teach the king within. Every man needs to become One with the Master. Yet, that place of intimacy is only revealed when all the idolatry is removed..all of the Idols.

There are ten main Mitzvot..Four are directly between you and G-d...the others are community:
The first one is HaShem stating His rightful place upon the seat of your heart. Number two is the hard one it is your responsibility to seek out that which G-d delights in within you and those things He does not.
PaPa is tired of all the foolishness the colour divisions and all the arrogant ignorance as a human species all divided against one another...
~
To be a Jew, is not about color or any other trait. But rather to be part of the house of Israel, and to be part of a quarom, and pray / Daven along side of me, as my brother.

.Shalom and above all enjoy your journey.
I understand; as a matter of fact, I have a Jewish partner in business. He has embraced our friendship and business relationship. I brought into his life, a wider spirtual awakening that uplifted his self esteem and self worth.
We trade notes on beliefs. I love the concrete thinking of the Hebraic and must open up to their way of thinking.
Yes, the western translation erased the original Hebraic translations. I'm letting go of my Greek perspective and will keep in mind the 3 keys - Culture, Action, and Function.
My journey is sweet; I have been asked, 'Why am I so calm' and my reply, 'I have Peace and Love' and wish everyone could claim such feeling!
Shalom

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service