Date: Friday, September 25, 2009, 4:57 am
By: EURweb.com

From his tattooed and pierced appearance, a short-lived marriage, the death of his father, and early retirement from the gospel industry to being dropped from Verity Records, the life and career of gospel artist Tonex (To-nay) has been marred by pain and controversy.

Throughout all the pressure, the young pastor of Truth Apostolic Community Church in San Diego has taken pride in being transparent.

In 2007, after a foul-mouthed online interview and angry YouTube posts, he issued an open letter apologizing to fans and fellow clergy for his outlandish rants.

Now, during an astonishing testimony in an exclusive interview on Word Network's "The Lexi Show," Tonex (real name Anthony Williams) lays to rest years of speculation about his sexuality and admitted he is attracted to men.

When Lexi attempts to clarify if he is a practicing homosexual, the radical artist declares he is a “free spirit.”

Among many candid details, in the following clips, Tonex acknowledges he had a nervous breakdown, says he does not blame his interest in men on being molested, that he believes in “same sex covenants” and that he wants to be a dad someday.

You can see the full interview by visiting You Tube and search for Lexi Show Tonex

What are your thoughts about sexual behavior? How should the church address issues related to sexual conduct?

During the month of October, Wisdom For Joyous Living will explore, Homosexuality Conflict Within My Soul with Christian Psychologist Dr. Tracy Scott and Christian Psychiatrist and Ordained Minister Dr. Verle Bell.

Wisdom For Joyous Living is heard weekly on WPJC.FM

Views: 392

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ROFL!!!!!!!!! So true
I for one do not abhor gay people. I responded on a blog a few months back about a similiar topic. I gave a testimony of how my childhood godfather was a homosexual, although I didn't know what it all meant at the time. All I knew is that this man loved me and took care of me as if I were his own child. My mom would let him pick me up and take me shopping and he would also walk me to school. So, I don't hate or abhor them, but I still see that the truth must be told.

My godfather eventually died from aids, but the time he was in my life, he was no threat to me because I was a little girl and he was a homosexual male.
Now that is a true statement
I seen this one before!! I planned on writting a blog on it! I KNEW it would start up an uproar, and thats EXACTLY what I wanted to do!! Is this what they call "study to show thyself approved" now??? DISGRACEFUL!!!!
Preaching the gospel is not a discussion. Although you can have discussions in classes, the truth will still remain the same. ALL SINNERS MUST REPENT INCLUDING HOMOSEXUALS. The problem with the black church is that no one is preaching against nor discussing homosexuality, which is the reason why it has gotten out of hand.

Pastors are also engaging in this lawless act so therefore, not many want to touch the issue. They feel sympathy for the sinner and thus do not preach against the sin. No one wants to offend these people and therefore they are content with locking up with each other in the Name of Jesus. There is no such thing as a HOMOSEXUAL CHRISTIAN.
I know that was not for me...but that's kind of a double negative...Considering "Christian" comes from a word that means dumb and retarded, not only should it be used but condemned...Yes man has tried to equate it with the so-called "christ" but it is all a smoke screan...The word or title of Christian was used as a derogatory term for those who WORSHIPED MITHRA...This my friend was long before Yahshua came on the scene...

So those (some) who call themselves that are in most cases acting out the original meaning of the word with there outlandish doctrine and blinded eye when it comes to sin.

oops i just gave away some of the documentary...LOL

Shalom
Tell me Anthony, Is there a such thing as a murdering Christian?

Romans 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Romans 8:7
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Anthony, anything that separates us from the righteousness of God is sin and therefore we can not come into the fullness of Christ while we are in sin. Carnality is death and makes you God's enemy and a hater on God. Likewise, any sin including homosexuality.
Yes they were carnal, but the bible tells you what happens to carnal Christians. It makes you an enemy or hater of God and causes spiritual death. Anyone who continues in any sin will not be raptured. That includes practicing, unrepentant, homosexuals.
Ephesians 5:27
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. Is it the will of the father for us to continue in sin?

You know what I mean by continuing in sin. Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound. Sin separates us from God.
Bro Anthony you said:

..."Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 7:21)...

You said a mouth full. Just because a person is calling on the Lord - they had better back that up with DOING the will of the Father.
Not just doing that which is perverted with each other and claiming the Name. They also must stay out of bed with each other.
AND to be quite honest and to go further -----> a guy can't even expect to be saved BEING effeminate.

So all of the pastors that allow the effeminate choir directors to lead the choirs - had better not ignore their limp wristed ways - their mincing and lisping ways - because the effeminate's blood will be on these pastors hands because he did not tell him he was going to hell for his perversion.
Preach to them as if they were gang bangers and kidnappers and into necrophelia - NOT baby them for their perversions.
Anyway -
If you preach - what do you preach to congregants and to those that are caught up in this perversion? It is perversion you know...
Give me an example - I asked you this before but I did not see your response.
Did she say "limp wristed"?????? WOW!!

Bro Watson, you're right about that. The pulpit is not the place for such a thing. And yes, many will be as mad as can be once they see so-n-so and such-n-such there in the Kingdom of GOD. They'll pull a Peter move (the same move that they're trying now):

John 21:20-21 "Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee? Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?"
...How is the Black church to address Black sexuality without alienating its members?

Address it? Please do address it - just address it so that those listening to the teaching knows that God does not condone it and the church body does not condone it.
What it seems you want to do is embrace it.
That's the problem.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service