Date: Friday, September 25, 2009, 4:57 am
By: EURweb.com

From his tattooed and pierced appearance, a short-lived marriage, the death of his father, and early retirement from the gospel industry to being dropped from Verity Records, the life and career of gospel artist Tonex (To-nay) has been marred by pain and controversy.

Throughout all the pressure, the young pastor of Truth Apostolic Community Church in San Diego has taken pride in being transparent.

In 2007, after a foul-mouthed online interview and angry YouTube posts, he issued an open letter apologizing to fans and fellow clergy for his outlandish rants.

Now, during an astonishing testimony in an exclusive interview on Word Network's "The Lexi Show," Tonex (real name Anthony Williams) lays to rest years of speculation about his sexuality and admitted he is attracted to men.

When Lexi attempts to clarify if he is a practicing homosexual, the radical artist declares he is a “free spirit.”

Among many candid details, in the following clips, Tonex acknowledges he had a nervous breakdown, says he does not blame his interest in men on being molested, that he believes in “same sex covenants” and that he wants to be a dad someday.

You can see the full interview by visiting You Tube and search for Lexi Show Tonex

What are your thoughts about sexual behavior? How should the church address issues related to sexual conduct?

During the month of October, Wisdom For Joyous Living will explore, Homosexuality Conflict Within My Soul with Christian Psychologist Dr. Tracy Scott and Christian Psychiatrist and Ordained Minister Dr. Verle Bell.

Wisdom For Joyous Living is heard weekly on WPJC.FM

Views: 396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

God has already given them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves. They have been judged and turned over to a reprobate mind

EW, EW, you don't know if this young man has been turned over to reprobate mind!!!!!!! there are many that have lived this lifestye proudly, and have repentented and turned their lives around.

Lord, your mouth will be hanging open forever in heaven at the sight of those you THOUGHT were doomed, and their mouths will drop as well to see you lol
Fugett:
Did I say this young man is reprobate? I believe my statement said the unrepentant and proud of their homosexuality.

No one said they couldn't be delivered so please read with understanding, for I saith those that are UNREPENTANT. Did you not get that? .....Anyways, it is not me that you disagree with but God's word for being turned over to a reprobate mind is what his word declares for those who indulge in or take pleasure in this deed....Good Day.
What I got was that the Spirit move me, to lift this young man in prayer, he's lost EW, it's time to pray!
I agree with that, he as well an many like him need a spiritual awakening. However, I do think that it is very important that no one is made to feel comfortable while in their sins. IN LOVE, we can declare the truth of God's word, while at the same time helping those that are lost to see the time that is upon us and realize that Satan would love to destroy them in the midst of their sins.

We can not embrace the sin as we pray and minister to anyone, because as God's word declares, "They which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

This means that even those who accept this behavior are worthy of death.
I agree with that, all of it, I just never want the time to pass that a person being a sinner stops being a person that needs prayer

You know I should've listened to the Spirit and not come in this blog, I didn't know what the Lexi show was, and the "comes out" was in reference to the gay sin, I thought it mean't Tonex was singing on his show or something, this is just sad
Yes it is sad. He had a lot of death in his family of very close people as well as having very close people molest him as a child.

Although he says he takes responsibility for his actions, those who molested him are responsible for transferring this homosexual spirit into his being. This is often times the case with many homosexuals, such as was the case with Donnie McClurkin. Being molested harmed him too but he chose not to give in and let this spirit overtake him. Donnie McClurkin is a great example of someone who treaded over the serpent and put this homosexual spirit in it's place.
I didn't know what the Lexi show was, and the "comes out" was in reference to the gay sin, I thought it mean't Tonex was singing on his show or something,

Hah Hah Hah!....Me too Sister. I thought it was another CD or something.
Where is all this love for the 'rape artists' of the world???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do we have to tip toe around HOMOSEXUALITY - as if it makes us super spiritual if we press ourselves not to offend them.
Paul did not feel that way about the guy that was committing incest with his dad's wife.

He said PUT HIM OUT. Then he got on the clergy because they were patting theirselves on the back for not addressing the situation and purging the horny man.

So preach against it HARD so that the homosexuals will no that Jesus in NOT down with it. Then if they are pricked in their hearts - they will repent of it and then go out themselves and preach against it and then the world will see where the Church stands on HOMSEXUALITY.
I know Brother, it's sad, that same bible says in Col 3:12 to put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Do I think the young man is right? NO, but the love of Jesus in my heart, does not rejoice in his bondage, and it's hard to fix my mouth to say ones should be lost forever.

Who is in the worser state him or them?
Anthony,

I agree with you. You can confront sin without attacking people. That's a balanced view! Because people respond and receive help, does not mean that their pastor, elder or church was soft on sin. But it does mean that they allowed God to use others to help encourage repentence and restoration.

This reasoning for some of the attacking seems simplistic at best, and ignorant at worse, and it encourages churches and other places of worship to not involve them in the treatment, thereby kicking sinners to the curve.

Battering the confused, seems to be thematic in today’s society. But there’s no intrinsic worth in beating up on those in need. Without a doubt, taking responsibility for ones behavior is an obligation, but remember responsibility is a two-way street. God calls us to be concerned about those in need. (Luke 4:18)

The Black Church Page is also a great place to visit to discuss issues related to the church. The Black Church Page is the largest on stop internet site for the church serving the Black Community. Over 12000 churches are members!!!!
Brother most of the people we assume are confused know what they are doing is wrong...Tonex could never say he did not know what is or was wrong...

The bottom line is..NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO TASTE OF THE NEW CITY IN THE KINGDOM OF THE MOST HIGH YAH!!

NOT ALL ON THIS SITE
NOT ALL IN YOUR "CHURCHES"
NOT ALL ON YOUR JOBS
NOT ALL IN YOUR FAMILY..

I know CHRISTIANS and sinners who have said, well i'll let "god" deal with me in the end...

Sick....
The problem is this...or should I say my question is this....

WHY, WHEN HE WAS ACTIN A FOOL NOBODY TOLD HIM TO STOP!!!!

When he was doing all the things he was from 2003 or before till now all you saw was CHRISTIANS buying his records, going on his blogs and telling him to do what he wants to do and how blessed they were by his music (rebellion actually)...I did an article on my show at the time in MS and in print about this brother, and just like today people don't want truth...

I will say by all the things he has done and continues to do for the public to see is that of a REPROBATE, why? because he does not care what people thing...He is a FREE SPIRIT? (More like having a familiar spirit)

Look at reprobate and what it means

unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication worthless (literally or morally): - castaway, rejected, reprobate.

What he continues to do is unapproved by Yah therefore it is rejected by him...and he has been engrosed by the mindset of that "free spirit". The Christian world (some) will say oh he came out...ok ...did anyone say "you do know that's wrong don't you?"

No the record label wanted to make money off of his reprobate self until he served no purpose..

He must have an album coming out or something...LOL...

Now people want to pray and speak about this latest revelation like it's a new thing...His constant betrayal of what is Set apart has brought him into the land of reprobate....as EW said

"unrepentant and proud of their homosexuality".

There comes a time when we have to listen to Yahweh and NOT PRAY FOR THESE REBELLIOUS PEOPLE because their desire is to live as they are being FREE...

That friends is scripture...

Is there a chance for him...sure...

Shalom

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service