Date: Friday, September 25, 2009, 4:57 am
By: EURweb.com

From his tattooed and pierced appearance, a short-lived marriage, the death of his father, and early retirement from the gospel industry to being dropped from Verity Records, the life and career of gospel artist Tonex (To-nay) has been marred by pain and controversy.

Throughout all the pressure, the young pastor of Truth Apostolic Community Church in San Diego has taken pride in being transparent.

In 2007, after a foul-mouthed online interview and angry YouTube posts, he issued an open letter apologizing to fans and fellow clergy for his outlandish rants.

Now, during an astonishing testimony in an exclusive interview on Word Network's "The Lexi Show," Tonex (real name Anthony Williams) lays to rest years of speculation about his sexuality and admitted he is attracted to men.

When Lexi attempts to clarify if he is a practicing homosexual, the radical artist declares he is a “free spirit.”

Among many candid details, in the following clips, Tonex acknowledges he had a nervous breakdown, says he does not blame his interest in men on being molested, that he believes in “same sex covenants” and that he wants to be a dad someday.

You can see the full interview by visiting You Tube and search for Lexi Show Tonex

What are your thoughts about sexual behavior? How should the church address issues related to sexual conduct?

During the month of October, Wisdom For Joyous Living will explore, Homosexuality Conflict Within My Soul with Christian Psychologist Dr. Tracy Scott and Christian Psychiatrist and Ordained Minister Dr. Verle Bell.

Wisdom For Joyous Living is heard weekly on WPJC.FM

Views: 396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen to that,
Our softness is what causes this mindset of inclusion in our churches. No scripture says to include all sin as not to offend but rather that we should put them out. It also says not to have fellowship with the unfruitful WORKS OF DARKNESS, but yet in many congregations you see the works of darkness hanging from the chandeliers, preaching in the pulpits, sitting in the pews, singing in the choirs, playing on the piano, ushering at the door.....etc.

When will we preach what the word says and stop leaning to our own understanding?
ALL PAGAN
?????????
It also says not to have fellowship with the unfruitful WORKS OF DARKNESS, but yet in many congregations you see the works of darkness hanging from the chandeliers, preaching in the pulpits, sitting in the pews, singing in the choirs, playing on the piano, ushering at the door.....etc.

I repeat ALL PAGAN!!

lol
...There comes a time when we have to listen to Yahweh and NOT PRAY FOR THESE REBELLIOUS PEOPLE because their desire is to live as they are being FREE...

Thats a scarey thought.
scary? why?
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 (King James Version)

10. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

WHY IS IT THAT YOU ARE SAID TO BE ATTACKING SOMEONE WHEN YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL. IS THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE ALSO AN ATTACK ON SINNERS? NO ONE HAS CONDEMNED HOMOSEXUALS OR ANY SINNER TO HELL OTHER THAN THE LORD HIMSELF. If you find it offensive to repeat what the Bible says then by all means POINT YOUR FINGER UP TOWARDS HEAVEN AND TELL THE LORD THAT YOU DON'T AGREE WITH HIS WORD.

This is for all of those who feel we are too harsh on sin. In case you hadn't noticed, not many today come against homosexuals or sin in the church so if these people are lost, it has nothing to do with those who do speak against it but the flaky leadership who refuse to confront the issue of sin. Homosexuality has grown in our churches because no one is speaking against it so that means you all who are soft on the issue are winning.

SCORE ONE FOR THE SOFT GOSPEL.....HOORAY!!!!!
KAYN!!!!
I don't know what Kayn means. Please enlighten me.
basically it means i AGREE sorry...I just finished reading ZekarYah 12 to my Isha (wife) and got excited....

YAHWEH WILL PROTECT HIS PEOPLE TO ONCE AGAIN LIVE IN THAT CITY YERUSHALAHIM!!!

Shalom
YERUSHALAHIM, must be Jerusalem, right? My husband has been conversing with a brother on another network concerning the use of our English words over Aramaic words and names. Yah, Yeshua, YHWH, Yahweh....etc...
Yes you are correct...not just Aramaic but Hebrew which they are both very close anyway...I pray that you both get the revelation needed to walk this walk wherever you are getting the teaching...

Shalom

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service