We are called to love everyone just the way they are. In the past white thelogians use biblical text to teach hatred to the laity. In the parable of the marriage feast the call we to invite. How do we invite or do you invite gay people without telling them they are wrong. If we judge them we violate the Matthew 7:1-3 perhaps. Just wanted your thoughts. Not being judgmental but instrumental. As Dr. King would say an instrument of peace.
Thank you for sharing in advance and remember with are Christian "words are powerful'...:)

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You empower those who are living in homosexual lifestyles the same way you empower those who are living in lifestyles of lying, fornication and in adultery..

"Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house.
Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:15-16)

And no matter what, the cross is an offense, it does convict ones heart when one is in sin. The flesh and the spirit are contrary to each other. The flesh only seeks after the things of the flesh, the things that stimulates the flesh. The spirit seeks the things of the spirit, as it makes us all uncomfortable to those who are living in the flesh. The flesh runs from those things that makes us uncomfortable, while the spirit runs to the things that hurt that seeks restoration and deliverance which leads to repentance that leads to regeneration that leads to sanctification that leads to salvation that leads to,,GLORIFICATION!
Jesus do not want us to put up with sin. Thats why Eli did not make because he put up with the sins of his sons. If we preach the word like it is, it will deal with that gay spirit. If God destoryed Sodom and all these other places for that practice, we must not let that spirit take over. Just preach the Word of God. If the word don't find them, we can't!
Did God destroy Sodom and Gamorrah because of Homosexuality alone? Where does it state that? Its not what I found to be true........
Empower gay people? Violate Matthew 7:1-3? Ok lets place things in a proper perspective:

-First, when dealing with Matthew 7, you violate it by excluding verses 4 and 5 which state "Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Judging in and of itself is not unrighteous. On the contrary, it is placed in the hands of the righteous. To be able to help a gay, you must first live what you preach, showing them that it is possible to live holy without half-stepping and putting on a front for people. Alot of people turn from the Church because there is alot of makeup on the characters, and it looks like "Reality-TV", instead of just reality. Not all ministers are robbing the Church tithes, raping little boys, and sleeping with the women. Not all Bishop's wives are argumentative. Not all Deacons are drunks, and not all married couples in the Church are divorced within two years because of cheating with the Pastor! LIVE THE WORD, THEN YOU CAN RIGHTEOUSLY JUDGE!

-Homosexuality is not a root, its a large trunk. Get to the root of the matter. There are sometimes rape issues behind it; demonic oppression; suicidal thoughts. Other times its just plain pride. The sin of Sodom was stated by the Prophets as pride first, "the abomination" next. Yes homosexuality can send a fool to the Lake of Fire, but find out the root of the matter. When trying to handle issues within people, "man looks at the outward appearance, but GOD looks at the heart".

Stop looking to empower sinful natures. Look to save the sinner, bring them to and disciple them in the righteousness of Christ, and empower the righteous. And yes, GOD DID destroy those cities for such pride and abominable acts.
Amen! Brother Trevor, save the sinner. How did we know that we were sinners, because God's word tells us so.

We are not called to empower the flesh, but to tell the truth of our Lord and Saviour like it is. After that it is up to the Holy Spirit to bring then to godly repentance or rejection of the gospel. If repentance we praise God, and we are called to encourage and nuture maturity and growth of being led by and living out of the Spirit, in the full knowledge of our Lord and Saviour.

The problem I have encountered in the UK is that godly Love is now associated with niceness. Be nice, love the sinner, accept the sinner just as they are, Jesus did. However in the gospels account I read, Jesus preached "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." Godly sorrow quickly turns to tears of joy when experiencing His pardoning love.

I believe that the Lord is shaking His house over this issue. I pray that we will not be deceived as the Episcopal Church and the Lutheran Church leadership has been in accepting homosexuality.

Forgive me if I sound like I am super spiritualising this, but God sent a tornado as a warning to the Lutherans. Their leadership has moved from under the Holy Scriptures and 2000 years of orthodoxy tradition. This should be taken as a warning to the rest of the protestant churches. The Lord is the head of the body, and what He says goes, regardless of mankind's thinking that he has made great advancement in altruism.
Isn't it good to know them that labour among us (smile).
Excellent advice from one and all.

If there is one among you living in open sin rebuke them openly so that all may fear and sin not. (1 Timothy 5:20, Galatians 2:11-14). Of course, we have the famous line from Ephesians 4:28, "Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.(to give: or, to distribute)" That is, "Go and sin no more."

Remember the letters to the church at Corinth where Paul address moral sin issues and Peter's confrontation with those who would lie to the Holy Spirit (Acts 5). Let it be as it was between Jesus and the rich young ruler. It is decision time - there is no compromise in Christ Jesus.

We cannot spiritually empower anyone, that is the providence of the Spirit.
I did not realize we were suppose to empower sinners. Why stop at homosexuals then Doc. the adulterers, pedophiles, murderers, rapist, fornicators and liars need empowering too, right? You do not empower sinners, you preach the word of God which is REPENT and turn away from your sins.

The bible says do not keep company with these type of people, so are we to disobey the word so that the gays can feel comfort in their gayness. That is a abominable sin and God detest the very act. This is why he said he'd turn them over to a reprobate mind. Preach the truth and stop worrying about the two edged sword effect. The word is suppose to cut.
"A.W. you are right, it's the Holy Spirit that empowers. But I believe Rev. Smith was talking about giving them ministry duties in the church. Better yet, one should not be serving in the church if they are not saved."

Nailed! You are correct! Body ministry is reserved for Spirit filled body members, even for "so-called" mundane tasks, Acts 6.
"The bible says do not keep company with these type of people..."
That is NOT in the Bible.
Show me scripture for this lie you just told.
Here is your scripture dude.

1 Corinthians 5:9
I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
I see someone needs to learn how to properly use and apply scripture. How dare you try and take the Word of God and twist it to fit your hate message?! Do you see how you just openly lied and tried to use the Word of God to fit your lie by using part of a scripture THEN twisting the scripture?
How about you FINISH that whole scripture- on second thought how about I finish it for you:

I Corinthians 5:10-13, "Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person."

Now if we look at verse 10 Paul starts by saying, "Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world..." let me break down this portion of scripture for you.
Paul was NOT speaking of those on the outside of the church Paul was speaking about those who are calling themselves saved, the church body. Paul said that if anybody who is calling themselves a child of God is not living according to the Word; fornicating, adultery, homosexuality, bisexuality, smoking, drinking, cursing, fighting, or any manner of active sin in their life THESE are the people you are NOT suppose to deal with. Paul even said you are NOT to eat with them.
Then Paul went on to say, "Why do I judge those in the world?" He THEN went on to say that those of the church we are to judge, however we are to use righteous judgment; not the elitist, arrogant, prideful and hateful biased judgment that you and others use to judge those that you don't like.
So, my next question is this: WHY does the church not follow THIS commandment?
If you seperate yourself from the world how are they going to be saved?
Where is the logic in the lie you just told?
I may not have a title in front of my name but I KNOW my Word- don't ever try to come at me sideways with your deception and lying.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service