Many churches with Black pators are opening their doors to Lewis Farrakahn who claims that he is a christian, and muslim.
What are your thoughts on this and also some of the teachings of the NOI that are not in line with scripture.

Have many pastors become so black centric that they have left the true foundation that Jesus IS THe ONLY WAY .

A packed house welcomed Minister Louis Farrakhan to St. Sabina Catholic Church on Friday night with a standing ovation and cheers for his health.

The 74-year-old provocative Nation of Islam leader, who has endured a series of health setbacks, didn’t speak from the Quran but from the Bible.

“Even though I am a Muslim — I don’t apologize for that — I’m also a Christian,” he told the crowd at 1210 W. 78th Pl. “Islam considers the Bible a sacred book.”

“A good Muslim is a Christian, and a good Christian is a Muslim,” he added later, stressing the common aspects of the faiths. “Whenever Christ’s name is mentioned, I feel at home.”

Views: 356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No these are false prophets. Islam is from Ishmaelites.
The only way a Muslim becomes a Christian is when a Muslim gives up the ways of Islam and turn from their ways for the Word of God says "Turn from your sins" Mark 1:15.
"Turn from darkness(Islam) to light(Christian), and from the power the power of Satan to God. Then they will recieve forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God'speople,who are set apart by faith in me." Acts 26:18
Brutha ,
christian- follower of christ
muslim- one who submit his will to God
he could very well be both of these/
my opinion is NOI is they are not in line with scripture,but neither is most of churches
You know Farakahn came to Philly
some years ago and did more preaching about Jesus than the Christians that were telling everybody that it was the 'year of Jubilee' and to 'plant a seed of faith' because 'their time of annointing had come'.

It was amazing.
That is how they get you to listen to their doctrine by buying the community off.

I am not saying it is wrong to help the community because we have a clothing give a way, and feed people, but it is because of the word, not because we are trying to send a message.
Man Brother, please don't be this way. I want you to learn the truth Brother. These people know what they are doing. They are apart of the Boule. Look it up on google and youtube.
Ben Israel on this we agree, it is not about works, and the way most cults get people is by teaching them to sell all their possessions and commune together. a mind of prosperity is a threat to them, although YAH has told us in his word that we are regal.
The problem with that is the Jesus that he preaches about is it the same Jesus of the bible.
here are some of the Nation Of Islams foundational beliefs.

l. We believe that Allah (God) appeared in the Person of Master W. Fard
Muhammad, July, 1930; the long-awaited “Messiah” of the Christians and the
“Mahdi” of the Muslims..
.this was taken from what the nation of islam believes. Fard Muhammed was a man claimed to be of middle eastern descent
who taught elijah muhammed his brand of islam. This man called master fard muhammed was considered to be allah or god in the flesh by elijah muhammed and also the nation of islam.
The above what we believe was taken from NOI teachings. they believe that this fard muhammed was the messiah for christians and also the mahdi of islam.

Here we see a effort to merge the two into one using black unity as a glue to bind us together.

The Nation Of Islam On Jesus

THE JESUS OF ELIJAH MUHAMMAD

Elijah Muhammad taught that two thousand years after the coming of Moses, Jesus came to the Caucasian race to reform them, but they rejected His rule. Jesus was not miraculously born of a virgin, as the Bible and the Qur'an teach. Rather, said Elijah, "The real truth that the Christians hate to confess is that Joseph had gotten the child, Jesus, by Mary while he was married to another woman and at that time had six children by the first marriage. So Master Fard Muhammad (God in Person) has taught me."[22]

Elijah also stated that the angelic prophecy, "He shall save His people from their sins" (Matt. 1:21), does not refer to Jesus of Nazareth saving His people (in Muhammad's mind, the white people) from sin. Rather, it refers to "a modern-day Jesus," Fard Muhammad, who comes to save the black man.[23] Much of the New Testament was not just reinterpreted by Elijah Muhammad, but totally rewritten.

He claimed that Jesus died, not by being crucified on a cross, but by being stabbed in the heart by a police officer in Jerusalem with a large hunting knife or small sword. Elijah claimed that Jesus was standing in a spread-eagle position, with His back to the wooden wall of a storefront. The Jewish authorities offered twenty-five hundred dollars in gold to anyone who brought Jesus to them dead and fifteen hundred dollars if He were brought in alive. The officer told Jesus, "They are going to kill you anyway, so why not let me kill you and make the twenty-five hundred dollars as I am a poor man and have a wife and family to care for?" Jesus agreed. He "knew that he would be killed but did not care."[24]

The sword blow through the heart literally pinned Jesus to the wall. The blood stopped circulating so quickly that Jesus' arms were frozen in the stretched-out position. Thus, Elijah corrects a popular misconception: Jesus "died in the form of a cross and not on the cross!"[25] Afterwards, His father Joseph (not Joseph of Arimathea) "mortgaged all of his little land and embalmed Jesus in a liquid in a glass tube. As long as the air does not get to him, he will be there just as he was the day he was killed two thousand years ago. He is buried in Jerusalem."[26] Any talk about Jesus' resurrection is dismissed by Elijah Muhammad as ignorant foolishness.

now they believe that Jesus did not die on a cross but reclining against a wall which is totally against what the bible teaches.

now how can a man believe this and claim to be a believer in Jesus and yet hold fast to the teachings of elijah muhammed
Bro Terrence,
Surely I dont think Farrakahn or muslims of any sect are a Christian organization.

But from what he was preaching IN A CHURCH - the man got down and was preaching hard.
Let me put it to you this way - he was preaching and it made the Christian preachers there a little antsy because they had been used to preaching keep doing what you doing saints and the anointing and pay your tithes and the anointing and you have a calling and the anointing and pay your tithes...yada yada yada.

Do I know that the devil can quote scriptures?...of course but its sad when the devil gets in the pulpit and he quotes more scriptures than the preacher.

Thats all I'm saying.
there are many black preachers who have been ministering for years in the area of family, being accountable to your community, being positive role models, and many other current issues. many have always preached , and taught this way using the bible as a road map to point God's people to maturity in ever area of their lives.
what farrakhan is saying is not new.
one problem is that when the pastor or preacher ministers on these issues many in the church will get upset and mad at the preacher.
people act as if this is new revelation when farrakhan says these things but black preachers have been preaching these truths for years and still they are pointing people to Jesus while doing it.

so I don't know what preachers you have been listening to but ther are many who are preaching the TRUTH
so personally i am not impressed with farrakhan at all

now newview this is not an attack on you so please don't feel that way.

if i give you a cup fool of kool aid and put just a drop of poison in it the one drop of poison contaminates the whole cup. thats the danger of farrakhans teaching.

There is poison in the cup
Bro Terrence,

You are preaching to the choir.
Probably - most jelly back preachers did not jump all over Farakahn at that time because they knew no Christian in their right mind would follow him, but they had problems with Christian preachers that preach more than 'this is your day' kind of sermons.
But you really had to see the faces of the Christian preachers up on the pulpit with him. They were afraid to say amen to anything beyond 'grace'. A portion of him speaking was broadcast on TV.

That's all I was saying. :-)
O.K. newview I got it

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service