I say no! All sin seperates us from a loving God. It was out of His love for us that he died on a cross and crucified all sin paying it's debt. Homosexuals are not hated by God and they are not hated by me. The sin they are in is no different than the sin that I struggle with day to day. Be careful about hate, it will eat you from the inside out. Love people, all people the way Christ loves you and me.

Sin is always death. The sin of homosexuals comes with horrible consequences. So does the sin of drunkeness and idolitry and so the list goes on and on. Jesus is the solution and the salvation for all men and for all sin. Thius may not be popular, but standing for Christ and resting in His word has never been the most popular thing to do. Love your neigbor is not a choice. Hate the sin love the sinner is what I have been told.

Views: 839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is difficult to say- While God views all siin in the same vein, He does have three types of sin. 1) the sin unto death or blaspheming the Holy Ghost, 2) the sin nature which we inherited from Adam (ie., the lust of the eye the lust of the flesh and the pride of life and 3) there is the Woe-sin as reflected in shephards or pastors, and leaders etc.., who lead God's flock astray- I am not sure what all of this means but there definantly is a difference in all of the above. Maybe someone can give this more clarity
Pastor Carolyn,

The punishment for all sin is generally the same. Death. Of course the "result" of all sin is generally the same. Death. He hates all sin. This doesn't mean that all sin is equally abhorrent or disgusting. This simply means that the end result is the same and therefore the punishment is the same. The option comes in when we start talking about forgiveness and additional punishment and/or consequences. Just because we are destined to die doesn't mean that is the only penalty for sin. First of all, EL(G-d) does not HAVE to forgive us. He is gracious and therefore treats us better than what we deserve.

The more influential a person is the more their life (good or evil) can affect others around them. Deuteronomy doesn't just talk about death. It also speaks of blessing and curses. If they were righteous they would be blessed. If they were unrighteous they would be cursed. And unlike any other nation, the children of elohim (G-d) received more correction than others around them. From this we can also conclude that a sin is weightier not just based on influence but also based on knowledge. Were you told not to do it? Why did you do it anyway? I believe we are graded much by our intent. The serpent did not simply entice Eve to disobey. He questioned her first and made sure she was conscious of the fact that she was disobeying. On the flip side YHWH allowed 400 years for the Amorites to complete their wickedness before he had enough. Also, Sodom and Gomorrah weren't instantly destroyed the moment they became a problem.

And the bottom line is that everyone has sinned, right? But everyone is not as guilty. The bible calls some men righteous, even perfect. Abraham was someone YHWH could work with. Cain was someone he couldn't. Cain felt his punishment was more than he could bear. Moses pretty much murdered an Egyptian. At least it wasn't in self-defense. There have even been assassinations that helped Israelite in times of war. But the difference, and why I think 1 John 3 talks about Cain is because of the intention of the heart that is hateful and malicious and self-serving above all others. It is a fact that poor people stealing in order to survive is weighed differently from a person who is just greedy. Thou shalt not steal applies equally but the "weight" or severity is different. When we do things out of love we may make mistakes that hurt people... you can even accidentally take a life without punishment. But it is when your eye is evil and your works spring from the abundance and overflow of evil intent, these are the worse sins.

shalom
what you replied to are the consequences of sin- and while I agree with what you said- that was not the question- the question was "is their any sin that is worse than another"-I believe we all know that the wages of sin is death and hopefully we all know that the blood of Christ saves us from the consequence of sinonce confessed- but everybody and I do mean everybody sins on a daily basis- whether it is a sin of ommision or a sin of commision- What seperates us from the carnal is the fact that we know no good thing dwells in the flesh and therefore try to put our flesh under subjection by dying out daily to it.So again, your comments were very good but answered to the consequences of sin and not the different types of sin- Peace
all sin is equally bad and the wages of sin is death.
amen Glory to his precious name
James 2:8-11If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
You put it in a great sumation - We have all sinned and all sin results in death outside of Christ payment. Repent and beleive and you shall be saved.
Deuteronomy 25:16 For all that do such things, and all that do unrighteously, are an abomination unto YHWH thy elohim(G-d).

Main Entry: abom·i·na·tion
Pronunciation: \ə-ˌbä-mə-ˈnā-shən\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 : something abominable
2 : extreme disgust and hatred : loathing

The above verse is interesting because it seems to contradict what most Christians teach. It doesn't say all sin is abomination or the choice to sin is an abomination but "ALL THAT DO". Does this not suggest that there are people that YHWH simply hates and is disgusted by?

Thoughts?

shalom
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
WOW!
Amen Love Conquer All
@ Satan... Again.. You have no power... You are a ministering Spirit.. You can only do what Jesus commands or allows you to do... All will be equal in the Lake of Fire...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service